Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:44 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

T.I.E. wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Risk is cool? Who thinks that? Risk just doesn't have many good tunes. It's a departure, fine, but it lacks quality.

And let's not talk about Megadeth ripping off "Am I Evil?", both Metallica and Megadeth have ripped each other off for years.

Metallica's "The Four Horsemen" is obviously a blatant Mustaine rip-off of "The Mechanix." Megadeth's "FFF" rips off of "Motorbreath." Metallica's "The God That Failed" rips off "Dawn Patrol." There's a ton of songs like this.

Well "Am I Evil?" is a one of several Diamond Head covers so it's fair to say that band "inspired" both Mustaine and Hetfield/Ulrich. Hah, I think Mustaine joined Metallica when they were really little more than a DH covers band. Plus the fact that many of Metallica's early riffs were actuall written by Mustaine: I guess it's not surprising there are a lot of songwriting similarities.

Indeed, but it makes you wonder, is Dave ripping off Metallica and Metallica ripping off Dave continuously over the years, or is Metallica stealing riffs that Dave came up with while in the band, or vice versa?

Haha, well I know that Dave claims that Metallica used his riffs uncredited right up until the 90s... Meh, It wouldn't surprise me that much. I've always liked Megadeth but just over the last year they've suddenly leapt into my consciousness much more than before. I'm starting to regard Mustaine as something of a genius :D

:shock:

really ? :? is Coltrane something of a god then ? :D

Of course Coltrane has deity status! But I don't accept that the greatest jazz musicians deserve higher status than the greatest metal musicians. They are both masters of their craft. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:46 pm 
rio wrote:
Haha, well I know that Dave claims that Metallica used his riffs uncredited right up until the 90s... Meh, It wouldn't surprise me that much. I've always liked Megadeth but just over the last year they've suddenly leapt into my consciousness much more than before. I'm starting to regard Mustaine as something of a genius :D

Dave is a badass, no doubt. Risk was a flop for me, The World Needs A Hero was a solid album, but I'd like to smack him for including that song with the answering machine messages. That was extremely lame. The System Has Failed was a kick ass metal album! I don't care what anyone says. That album was great. And before Risk I love every album.

Youthanasia is my favorite album, "Addicted To Chaos" is my favorite Megadeth song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:49 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Eyesore wrote:
rio wrote:

Dave is a badass, no doubt. Risk was a flop for me, The World Needs A Hero was a solid album, but I'd like to smack him for including that song with the answering machine messages. That was extremely lame. The System Has Failed was a kick ass metal album! I don't care what anyone says. That album was great. And before Risk I love every album.

Youthanasia is my favorite album, "Addicted To Chaos" is my favorite Megadeth song.

Well, my favourites are RIP and Countdown to Extinction. It saddens me that a lot of people regard that as the "sell out" album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:50 pm 
rio wrote:
T.I.E. wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Risk is cool? Who thinks that? Risk just doesn't have many good tunes. It's a departure, fine, but it lacks quality.

And let's not talk about Megadeth ripping off "Am I Evil?", both Metallica and Megadeth have ripped each other off for years.

Metallica's "The Four Horsemen" is obviously a blatant Mustaine rip-off of "The Mechanix." Megadeth's "FFF" rips off of "Motorbreath." Metallica's "The God That Failed" rips off "Dawn Patrol." There's a ton of songs like this.

Well "Am I Evil?" is a one of several Diamond Head covers so it's fair to say that band "inspired" both Mustaine and Hetfield/Ulrich. Hah, I think Mustaine joined Metallica when they were really little more than a DH covers band. Plus the fact that many of Metallica's early riffs were actuall written by Mustaine: I guess it's not surprising there are a lot of songwriting similarities.

Indeed, but it makes you wonder, is Dave ripping off Metallica and Metallica ripping off Dave continuously over the years, or is Metallica stealing riffs that Dave came up with while in the band, or vice versa?

Of course Coltrane has deity status! But I don't accept that the greatest jazz musicians deserve higher status than the greatest metal musicians. They are both masters of their craft. :P

I do agree with that Rio... but up to 'Trane ? :roll: Mike Patton maybe (though I can hardly define him as a metal musician...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:53 pm 
Mike Patton is disgustingly overrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:56 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

[quote="Eyesore is disgustingly overrated."][/quote]

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:02 pm 
[quote="Doom metal is disgustingly overrated."][/quote]

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:03 pm 
[quote="Def Leppard is disgustingly overrated."][/quote]

:evil: :evil: :roll: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:17 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

But then TIE wouldn't say anybody is up there with Trane...

I wouldn't say Patton was. He was in awesome bands, but can "Adult themes for Voices" compare to "Giant Steps"? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:18 pm 
rio wrote:
But then TIE wouldn't say anybody is up there with Trane...

I wouldn't say Patton was. He was in awesome bands, but can "Adult themes for Voices" compare to "Giant Steps"? :?

adult themes compares more to Stellar Regions

though Stellar Regions kicks ass when Adut Themes just annoys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:34 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

So by that logic you can't say that Patton is as good as Trane can you? Or can you...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:38 pm 
Adult Themes is one of the worst excuses for art I've ever seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:45 pm 
rio wrote:
So by that logic you can't say that Patton is as good as Trane can you? Or can you...?

I cannot

Coltrane>>>>>Patton

Eyesore wrote:

I fully agree

imo, it's the best album to put on if you want people to leave your house... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:50 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

ULTRAART5cy.png is one of the worst excuses for art I've ever seen.

my post count +1! Your IQ -5!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:39 am 
Ist Krieg

The last page of this thread has actually pickled my brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:44 pm 
Metal King

T.I.E. wrote:
rio wrote:

I cannot

Coltrane>>>>>Patton

Eyesore wrote:

I fully agree

imo, it's the best album to put on if you want people to leave your house... :twisted:

Don't know that album,but Burzum's Det Som Engang Var,and Tom Waits' Bone Machine fit well in the same category! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:47 pm 
Metal King

T.I.E. wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Why are you so surprised?People here consider Tobbias Sammett a genius!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:53 pm 
stub wrote:
T.I.E. wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

:lol:

no serious people did... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:08 pm 
Metal King

T.I.E. wrote:
stub wrote:
T.I.E. wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

:lol:

no serious people did... :roll:

There are few serious people here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:20 pm 
Einherjar

Eyesore wrote:
rio wrote:

Well that explains a lot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next