Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 am

Post subject: Artwork : Black Widow (by Vali)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:25 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

This section is dedicated to propose metal bands with original and affordable artwork for their albums / demo / other projects. The images shown here can easily be bought for your projects / albums. If you're interested by any of the images in this forum, then don't hesitate to send me an email.

The forum format was used so that metalheads around the globe can give their opinions about the artwork displayed here. Constructive comments and critics will be highly appreciated ! Wherever you like it or hate it, please let us know why.

This image was done by Vali, my wife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:31 pm 
Karma Whore

:D Top notch!
the faces in the wall are brilliant and the women's 'gown' or whatever it is is very nice.
8.5/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:35 pm 
replace the faces out of the wall by the faces of the musicians of the band (using the same process) and you've got yourself a classic indus cover ! :D

your wife is very talented imo... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:35 pm 
Metal King

WoW really awesome work, it looks great and mysterious especially the faces on the wall.The chick is nice too, but it would made much better cover without her to a prog. metal album or death.I suggest you work more on the concept around those faces.Make some kind of a story to this picture.Good choice of color though.That green makes everything look really sinister.

Edit: Ow i didn't see it was your wife's.Sorry bout that.It's great no matter who makes it. :wink:

Last edited by PyroMan on Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:38 pm 
Karma Whore

T.I.E. wrote:
replace the faces out of the wall by the faces of the musicians of the band (using the same process) and you've got yourself a classic indus cover ! :D

but what when the band members are as ugly as a dog or worse
Dago? :shock: :wink:

Post subject: I agree
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:43 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

T.I.E. wrote:

I couldn't agree more :), thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:40 am 
Metal Fighter

Uh, the first miss for the wife :( ...I don't like this one, it looks more of a practise work than real art... sry.

T.I.E. wrote:

(I don't know what "indus" is?) But I think that is a great idea! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:31 am 
MetalReviews Staff

MetalKnight wrote:
Uh, the first miss for the wife :( ...I don't like this one, it looks more of a practise work than real art... sry.

Maybe because its a few years old... I still find this piece really cool myself though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:53 am 
Svartalfar

Very nice! the only thing which bothers me is those ccrappy looking heads, i think this would've been better without them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:01 am 
Metal Servant

This cool pic would fit perfect for a cover, I think !!! Tell Vali that I like it very much !! :)
By the way, Chris, I put your link on Edguy's forum (where I always go) in a special section, so people can see your amazing work !! I hope they'll enjoy it as much as I do !! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:47 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Vikie wrote:
This cool pic would fit perfect for a cover, I think !!! Tell Vali that I like it very much !! :)
By the way, Chris, I put your link on Edguy's forum (where I always go) in a special section, so people can see your amazing work !! I hope they'll enjoy it as much as I do !! :)

Either this is Chris' mum, or he's got a stalker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:13 pm 
Einherjar

MetalKnight wrote:

T.I.E. wrote:

Industrial music. Movement formulated in the early 80's by bands like Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, and Skinny Puppy. These bands attempted to be the polar opposite of synth-pop, creating dense, freaky atmospheres via the use of electronics, programmed drum loops, and stream-of-consciousness baritonal vocals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:56 pm 
Metal Fighter

Dead Machine wrote:
MetalKnight wrote:

T.I.E. wrote:

Industrial music. Movement formulated in the early 80's by bands like Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, and Skinny Puppy. These bands attempted to be the polar opposite of synth-pop, creating dense, freaky atmospheres via the use of electronics, programmed drum loops, and stream-of-consciousness baritonal vocals.

Heeh, you could have just said "Industrial music" :wink:
Though none of those silly bands rings any bell... When I hear the word "industrial" the first thing that comes to my mind is Ministry :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:03 pm 
Einherjar

MetalKnight wrote:
Though none of those silly bands rings any bell... When I hear the word "industrial" the first thing that comes to my mind is Ministry :P

I could have, yes, but where would be the fun in that?

If you like Ministry, you should try out Skinny Puppy's 1989 album Rabies. It was produced by Al Jourgenson himself, and features a lot of standout guitar work, something missing in other Skinny Puppy albums, because they generally didn't use guitars anyway.

Industrial music is a rich mine to dig from. Try something, and move on from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:24 am 
Metal Fighter

Dead Machine wrote:
MetalKnight wrote:

I could have, yes, but where would be the fun in that?

If you like Ministry, you should try out Skinny Puppy's 1989 album Rabies. It was produced by Al Jourgenson himself, and features a lot of standout guitar work, something missing in other Skinny Puppy albums, because they generally didn't use guitars anyway.

Industrial music is a rich mine to dig from. Try something, and move on from there.

Oops, I don't actually *dig* Ministry nor industrial music, sorry :oops:
But thanx anyway! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:22 am 
Einherjar

MetalKnight wrote:
Oops, I don't actually *dig* Ministry nor industrial music, sorry :oops:
But thanx anyway! :)

Uh, whoops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:31 am 
It vaguely reminds me of the cover of Expanding Senses by Darkane. Well maybe not the cover but certainly some of the liner artwork.