Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:33 am

Post subject: Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz (#2843)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:20 am 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz
Heavy Metal!
Quoted: CLASSIC

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:11 am 
Karma Whore

This is nowhere near a classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:18 am 
no weak song on this first Ozzy solo release and a bunch of great songs (Mr Crowley, Suicide Solution, Crazy Train, Goodbye To Romance, Revelation (Mother Earth))... if that doesn't make it a classic then nothing will... :roll:

as for me i'll rate it 95/100, my fav' Ozzy :D

PS : Randy Rhoads kicks ass !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:30 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Besides Suicide Solution this album is average and boring. 70/100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:28 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I adore "Mr. Crowley." Best song Ozzy's done, in my humble opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:54 pm 
Metal King

I don't like Ozzy, and if I ever listened to Blizzard of Ozz, it was so long ago that I remember nothing. But Moonspell's cover of Mr Crowley sounds very very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:00 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I love Crazy Train, not heard much of rest of album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:01 pm 
Brahm_K wrote:

Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:04 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Brahm_K wrote:

Every metalhead should own this album! No if's, and's or but's about it! If you say that this is not a classic because you prefer other Ozzy albums over this one then that's one thing. But if you say that it's not a classic because you simply don't like him, then that is totally bias. One doesn't have to like Ozzy to know this is a true classic, with a guitar hero who's days were ended way too soon. The metal world was robbed of the rest of the potential that Randy had to offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:21 pm 
Karma Whore

Jeff@Metalreviews wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:

Every metalhead should own this album! No if's, and's or but's about it! If you say that this is not a classic because you prefer other Ozzy albums over this one then that's one thing. But if you say that it's not a classic because you simply don't like him, then that is totally bias. One doesn't have to like Ozzy to know this is a true classic, with a guitar hero who's days were ended way too soon. The metal world was robbed of the rest of the potential that Randy had to offer.

Randy Rhodes was an incredible guitarist. I don't know that that makes this album a classic.

This album has a few very good songs. Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley, and Revelation, just because the solo is so damn amazing. Ozzy is simply a bad vocalist, and brings the album down, not to mention that most of the songs are pretty unmemorable. I'd give it a 71/100, which is not classic material.

Quote:
Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal

How is this the roots of metal? Black Sabbath and Judas Priest and Deep Purple are the roots of metal, and while I don't love Black Sabbath's early stuff like everyone else, I do appreciate them and what they did for metal. This really, did nothing for metal and was quite mediocre. Therefore, I will maintain my statement that this does not deserve to be a classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:36 pm 
EVen though I am not a big fan of Ozzy's solo stuff, this album is definitely a classic in the heavy metal world, and I think Aleksie did a superb job writing up a review of it. Well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:40 pm 
Karma Whore

The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:

look eyeball boy, i think this is a great album but it is not a pillar in the founding of metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:47 pm 
Fingon wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:

look eyeball boy, i think this is a great album but it is not a pillar in the founding of metal.

Two words.........Randy Rhoads.....ask any metal guitarist about him and what he meant to heavy metal even today.....if that ain't a pillar.....I don't know what is........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:11 am 
The Evil Eye wrote:
Fingon wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:

Two words.........Randy Rhoads.....ask any metal guitarist about him and what he meant to heavy metal even today.....if that ain't a pillar.....I don't know what is........

sorry but, even if what you said is not absolutely wrong it's not right either.... :twisted:

If what you said was right, then, the two first Quiet Riot albums and Diary Of A Madman would be classics too and they sure aren't... so, I would say that not only Randy makes that album an unbelievable success, the high quality of the songs (and that includes Ozzy's melodies) is , imo, a reason that comes before anything else including Mr Rhoads' performance... that doesn't say he is not a very influencial instrumentist (he is !)... that stays Blizzard of Ozz could have been just as good with Jake E.Lee or Zakk Wylde... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:05 am 
T.I.E. wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Fingon wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:

sorry but, even if what you said is not absolutely wrong it's not right either.... :twisted:

If what you said was right, then, the two first Quiet Riot albums and Diary Of A Madman would be classics too and they sure aren't... so, I would say that not only Randy makes that album an unbelievable success, the high quality of the songs (and that includes Ozzy's melodies) is , imo, a reason that comes before anything else including Mr Rhoads' performance... that doesn't say he is not a very influencial instrumentist (he is !)... that stays Blizzard of Ozz could have been just as good with Jake E.Lee or Zakk Wylde... :roll:

No way......Blizzard of Ozz is what it is because of Randy Rhoads..He wrote all of the riffs to the songs. Without him, there wouldn't be the Blizzard Of Ozz album that we have today. Although the melodies to the songs might have been similar in some instances, it just wouldn't be the same. Ozzy was so washed up by then that Randy, Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake wrote much of the material. Zakk Wylde is a great guitarist and so is Jake E. Lee but neither could've ever produced a guitar performance like Randy's on the Blizzard Of Ozz album, both from a compositional standpoint as well as playing ability and bothof them would be the first ones to agree with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:04 am 
The Evil Eye wrote:
T.I.E. wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Fingon wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:

No way......Blizzard of Ozz is what it is because of Randy Rhoads..He wrote all of the riffs to the songs. Without him, there wouldn't be the Blizzard Of Ozz album that we have today. Although the melodies to the songs might have been similar in some instances, it just wouldn't be the same. Ozzy was so washed up by then that Randy, Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake wrote much of the material. Zakk Wylde is a great guitarist and so is Jake E. Lee but neither could've ever produced a guitar performance like Randy's on the Blizzard Of Ozz album, both from a compositional standpoint as well as playing ability and bothof them would be the first ones to agree with that.

first, as you've said Daisley & Kerslake were part of the composition process which takes off Mr Rhoads' Grandeur... then, Ozzy's vocals melodies are a real part of this album's enjoyment... sure Ozzy was washed up then but that never stopped him from finding great melodies...

then, I've seen Ozzy on the No More Tears Tour in 91 or 92 (old memories, sorry...) and Zakk played Randy's guitar parts at the identical (that specially amazed me on Mr Crowley lead parts)

I think Rhoads was just one (and a brilliant one) of a great team Sharon managed to put together for Ozzy... so we might as well thank Mrs Osbourne for such a sweet album ! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:30 pm 
Einherjar

The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:

THis is a classic, but honestly, of all the fucking classics they had to choose from, they picked this one. Goddamnit. This album...and even Ozzy Osbourne is so played out. And as far as classics go this is at the bottom of the totem pole. All it did was spawn a generation of posers that think that Ozzy is the father of metal, and that he was Sabbath's only lead singer.

I think this is a very poor choice for a review. My respect for this site and its choices is ever dwindling. WHo the fuck gave the "go ahead" for the Unicorn review. This is simply awful. Its either played out commercially succesful metal, or wimpy fairy metal. There's a heavy dose of swedish shit and fake black metal too. it seems time is not being taken to search for quality metal acts, so they have to fall back on something like Ozzy Osbourne for inspiration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:04 pm 
Metal Lord

Holy_Terror wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:

THis is a classic, but honestly, of all the fucking classics they had to choose from, they picked this one. Goddamnit. This album...and even Ozzy Osbourne is so played out. And as far as classics go this is at the bottom of the totem pole. All it did was spawn a generation of posers that think that Ozzy is the father of metal, and that he was Sabbath's only lead singer.

I think this is a very poor choice for a review. My respect for this site and its choices is ever dwindling. WHo the fuck gave the "go ahead" for the Unicorn review. This is simply awful. Its either played out commercially succesful metal, or wimpy fairy metal. There's a heavy dose of swedish shit and fake black metal too. it seems time is not being taken to search for quality metal acts, so they have to fall back on something like Ozzy Osbourne for inspiration.

So what classics should be reviewed asap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:24 pm 
Quote:
If you tried to read this you're a complete idiot

:lol:

good one son ! I've been OWN3D ! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:38 pm 
Metal Lord

T.I.E. wrote:
Quote:
If you tried to read this you're a complete idiot