Quote:
Corrosion Of Conformity - Corrosion Of Conformity
Stoner Rock, Heavy Metal
Quoted: 73 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:20 am 
Metal Lord

I take it you know very little about this band. Woody has been in the band for 20 years. He didn't replace anyone.

And no mention of the bands early days, prior to when Pepper joined the band? The two distinct eras of this band are essentially different bands, and this new "band" or album doesn't fit with the Pepper era.

There are countless fans who like those early albums more than the post-Animosity albums, and it's the fans of those albums that love this new one.

CoC were legends in the hardcore/thrash crossover scene before they had minor success in the 90s. To ignore all that doesn't make sense. In the timeline of this band, this new album sits between Animosity and Blind.

And it's a fantastic album.

Last edited by Masshole McDinglenuts on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:17 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Not a huge deal, admittedly. Cheers for your input, although obviously I disagree on the final point! BTW, meant vocal replacement, rather than suggesting that they booted Pepper and replaced him with Woody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:28 am 
Metal Lord

Goat wrote:
Not a huge deal, admittedly. Cheers for your input, although obviously I disagree on the final point! BTW, meant vocal replacement, rather than suggesting that they booted Pepper and replaced him with Woody.

No, not a huge deal, but there is a historical context here, and the album plays much better in its rightful place in that context, you know.

Fans of the post-Animosity material were probably shocked by the style shift here, just like fans of the early work couldn't believe what they were hearing when Blind came out. Well, with the Internet and all that, it probably was not that drastic. Blind made heads explode, I think. Haha.

Anyway, this album, I think, is a grower. It's not immediately hooky, you know, but on repeated listens, in the right mood, it just gets better and better.

And Woody doesn't sing, Mike Dean does. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:26 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Masshole McDinglenuts wrote:
No, not a huge deal, but there is a historical context here, and the album plays much better in its rightful place in that context, you know.

Bloody American! I meant 'not a huge deal' as in, no, I don't know a huge deal about the band! :wink:

I did enjoy it, just need more from an album to score it higher. Will be checking their back catalogue out again, especially the early stuff. And hm, my info must have been wrong...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:30 am 
Metal Lord

The early stuff is very raw, thrashy hardcore. Not for everyone. That was my intro to the band, but I definitely like the stuff from Blind and after much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:19 pm 
Ist Krieg

Masshole McDinglenuts wrote:
The early stuff is very raw, thrashy hardcore. Not for everyone. That was my intro to the band, but I definitely like the stuff from Blind and after much better.
Early CoC is so good.