Quote:
Lake of Tears - Moons and Mushrooms
Progressive Gothic Rock
Quoted: 92 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:45 pm 
Metal Servant

I totally agree with your review. Amazing album from an amazing band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:22 pm 
Ist Krieg

What's a good place to start with this band? I've been meaning to ever since I got into Evocation (since they share members or something, I know they're totally different styles).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:18 pm 
Metal Servant

noodles wrote:
What's a good place to start with this band? I've been meaning to ever since I got into Evocation (since they share members or something, I know they're totally different styles).

Honestly, Moons and Mushrooms would be perfect for a beginner :)

Even if Forever Autumn is my personal favorite, I think that it's not the right album to begin with... to mellow.

Anogher suggestion would be A Crimson Cosmos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:36 pm 
Metal King

They have a number of good/great albums, but Headstones beats them all, anytime.

The new one is very similar to their previous, which is ok for me. I'll be seeing these guys in the fall, together with Rage, it's a concert I really look forward to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:55 pm 
noodles wrote:

Greater Art - a piece of more or less standard doomdeath, seeking their way, I would not start there
Headstones - a brilliant album which showed how to become a classy melodic (not so heavy) doom metal
Crimson Cosmos - watch the psychedelia starting to creep in, the rocking foundation is laid, a classic in many circles
Forever Autumn - a sentimental favorite, mellow, bard-by-the-fire album that many of my female friends (who are not into metal at all) would die for
The Neonai - despite many calling it "a labor of no love" I enjoyed it, recorded by Brennare alone, and trying to squeeze in the gothic rock with modern prod and simpler song structures
Black Brick Road - the rebirth, took me a while to completely embrace it, too much Pink Floyd influence
Moons and Mushrooms - read the review.

Budget permitting I'd get Headstones, current album and Forever Autumn to get the slice of their art across their career. Proceed to the rest after immense enjoyment, which will come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:56 pm 
OldSchool wrote:
I'll be seeing these guys in the fall, together with Rage, it's a concert I really look forward to.

Lucky you, they will probably never come to the US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 am 
Svartalfar

What OldSchoold meant is that he'll be seeing them AGAIN this fall,unless he missed them last year.
I'll be there as well.Last year they had an amazing concert and a great time here,that's why they're probably coming back.
I don't like the new album,or should I say,I don't like the guitar tones and the voice,they scratch my ears to the point where I must hit stop.
Absolutely hideous tone on the rhythm guitar.
This prevents me from really enjoying the album and it's a pitty too since I love LOT so much.Dunno what they did here on this album.
Black Brick Road was a killer,I'm happy with the Floyd influences,totally awesome,not to mention a superb comeback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:10 pm 
Metal King

Frostmourne wrote:
What OldSchoold meant is that he'll be seeing them AGAIN this fall,unless he missed them last year.

I missed them, because I preferred to go to a town near seaside to have sex with a girl from there. Now she's moved in with me and will probably marry me :sad: Don't ever miss a Lake Of Tears concert, cause look what happens!