Quote:
Machine Head - The Blackening
Modern Thrash Metal
Quoted: 97 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:54 pm 
Metal Servant

I'm amazed, this is by far their best album, even better than the 1st one, in fact, miles away from the first one, what were they thinking to make such a good album?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:49 pm 
Best album of 2007, so far. As was mentioned in the review, this album is simply amazing. It rivals Burn My Eyes, no doubt.

Any word on what the untitled bonus track is going to be? And, please, don't call them the Head-boys again. Haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:58 pm 
I'll reiterate what I said in the "The Blackening" thread in the death/black/thrash forum: This is an awesome album, and quite possibly Machine Head's best album yet. Aesthetics of Hate is probably my favorite song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:59 pm 
BTW, are Supercharger and The Burning Red really that bad? Supercharger I haven't really heard. But I've heard three songs from The Burning Red and enjoyed them. Yes, I'll confess that From This Day is a catchy tune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:02 pm 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

FTD is one of the few i heard from The Burning Red and yes, it's pretty catchy.

as for this album, Aesthetics of Hate is also my favourite so far, but i have to give it a few more spins. MH haven't lost those annoyingly long endings though..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:03 pm 
The Ghost of Eyesore wrote:
And, please, don't call them the Head-boys again. Haha.

I thought about it for a while and couldnt honestly come up with any zanier word. Headders? Naah. Headdists? Not that catchy. Headmeisters? Hmmm, that couldve had potential. I'll keep that in mind for their next album instead of Head-boys :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:05 pm 
Seinfeld26 wrote:
BTW, are Supercharger and The Burning Red really that bad? Supercharger I haven't really heard. But I've heard three songs from The Burning Red and enjoyed them. Yes, I'll confess that From This Day is a catchy tune.

I really like The Burning Red, though it is a bit different. Supercharger has some good songs, but too many duds. It's not bad overall, but not very good either. It's worth buy used, definitely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:06 pm 
Aleksie@metalreviews.com wrote:
And, please, don't call them the Head-boys again. Haha.

I thought about it for a while and couldnt honestly come up with any zanier word. Headders? Naah. Headdists? Not that catchy. Headmeisters? Hmmm, that couldve had potential. I'll keep that in mind for their next album instead of Head-boys :D

Machineheads? I don't know, but something a little less gay. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:13 pm 
Metal King

Seinfeld26 wrote:

I really like The Burning Red, though it is a bit different. Supercharger has some good songs, but too many duds. It's not bad overall, but not very good either. It's worth buy used, definitely.

The Burning Red is pretty good, although it does have some duds. Maybe a notch down from The More Things Change. Supercharger on the other hand, was fairly average except for the track Bulldozer, which is one of their best ever.

I only heard a few tracks from "...Empires", and they were OK, nothing special. Is this new album really this good as the review says it is?? I really need to hear this. Machine Head playing tracks that go over 10 minutes? Does it work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:03 pm 
Trooper Of Steel wrote:
Seinfeld26 wrote:

The Burning Red is pretty good, although it does have some duds. Maybe a notch down from The More Things Change. Supercharger on the other hand, was fairly average except for the track Bulldozer, which is one of their best ever.

I only heard a few tracks from "...Empires", and they were OK, nothing special. Is this new album really this good as the review says it is?? I really need to hear this. Machine Head playing tracks that go over 10 minutes? Does it work?

It absolutely works! And Empires is a great album, too. Listen to the complete album on their MySpace page. In fact, listen to the first track. If that doesn't do it for you, don't bother. But if you dig that track—which you should—then buy the album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:24 pm 
Svartalfar

Trooper Of Steel wrote:
Seinfeld26 wrote:

Dude, it works. I was a little skeptical too when i first heard about it but trust me...it freaking works.

This whole album is great, from start to finish. Maybe with an exception for the song 'Wolves'...which gets a little boring towards the middle, but still...pick it up. You won't be disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:42 pm 
This just might be the first Machine Head album I'll buy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:20 am 
Metal King

Trooper Of Steel wrote:
Seinfeld26 wrote:

It absolutely works! And Empires is a great album, too. Listen to the complete album on their MySpace page. In fact, listen to the first track. If that doesn't do it for you, don't bother. But if you dig that track—which you should—then buy the album.

Are you talking about Empires or the new album? I went to thir myspace page, i could only hear 2 tracks from the new album...they were alright. A lot more technical than i was expecting. Dunno, i may listen to the whole album

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:24 am 
Well, you could stream the whole album before. They must have taken it down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:05 pm 
You may also be at the wrong Myspace page. Go into Blabbermouth.net and search for Machine Head. You should find a news article about the entire album being available for download (with a link).

By the way, Aleksie, what do you think of The More Things Change and The Burning Red?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:05 pm 
Seinfeld26 wrote:
You may also be at the wrong Myspace page. Go into Blabbermouth.net and search for Machine Head. You should find a news article about the entire album being available for download (with a link).

By the way, Aleksie, what do you think of The More Things Change and The Burning Red?

Personally? I think The More Things Change is very good. A step down from the debut but great nonetheless. Besides the obvious Ten Ton Hammer and Take My Scars I dig Struck A Nerve, Spine, Bay Of Pigs and Blistering the most. It's got a great, violent energy to it. I'm very much in line with Al's accurate review here at MR.

The Burning Red and Supercharger havent gotten much spins from me (in fact theyre the two MH-records I dont own myself). The modern leanings got too much for me, even though both records have great individual tunes. The ballad on TBR (can never remember its name, dammit!) is awesome.

Need more details? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:31 pm 
Karma Whore

I hear this album is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the new black, like having your ears caressed by angels blah blah blah..

In all fairness though, I'll give it a fair try ignoring the hype.
Has the whole forum been so gushing about an album before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:43 pm 
Mintrude wrote:
I hear this album is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the new black, like having your ears caressed by angels blah blah blah..

In all fairness though, I'll give it a fair try ignoring the hype.
Has the whole forum been so gushing about an album before?

Don't even bother. Your first statement says that you'll dislike it just for the sake of disliking it. You have no interest in the album, so don't waste your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:24 pm 
Aleksie@metalreviews.com wrote:
Seinfeld26 wrote:

Personally? I think The More Things Change is very good. A step down from the debut but great nonetheless. Besides the obvious Ten Ton Hammer and Take My Scars I dig Struck A Nerve, Spine, Bay Of Pigs and Blistering the most. It's got a great, violent energy to it. I'm very much in line with Al's accurate review here at MR.

The Burning Red and Supercharger havent gotten much spins from me (in fact theyre the two MH-records I dont own myself). The modern leanings got too much for me, even though both records have great individual tunes. The ballad on TBR (can never remember its name, dammit!) is awesome.

Need more details? :)

Nope, that will be all. Over and out. :dio: