Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am

Post subject: Nightwish w/Floor Jansen Would Be A Better Band!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:44 am 
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not talking trash on Tarja because she's out of Nightwish, this is simply something that never crossed my mind until recently. Tarja is an amazing vocalist, but upon listening to the new After Forever CD for the past few days I have come to the conclusion that Floor Jansen is the better singer.

Her opera-style is not as good as Tarja's. Tarjas owns in that department, but overall I think Floor is a much stronger, more emotional singer. And she can get mean, just listen to "Face The Demons" on the new album, she can belt it out with evil intent if necessary!

Basically I just think she's a better vocalist all around. Both are amazing in their own right, but Floor gets the nod, and I swear she would be a perfect fit for Nightwish! That would be amazing!

By the way, Remagine is fucking awesome!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:01 am 
Karma Whore

She would be my #1 choice but that's wishful thinking because I doubt that she would ever leave After Forever unless it was an offer she couldn't refuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:00 am 
MetalStorm wrote:
She would be my #1 choice but that's wishful thinking because I doubt that she would ever leave After Forever unless it was an offer she couldn't refuse.

Irene can take her place in After Forever! :D Man, if Floor joined Nightwish I think I would piss, shit and jazz-solo in my pants all at the same time. Then puke...on metalNESS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:38 pm 
Ist Krieg

Eyesore wrote:
MetalStorm wrote:

Irene can take her place in After Forever! :D Man, if Floor joined Nightwish I think I would piss, shit and jazz-solo in my pants all at the same time. Then puke...on metalNESS.

Sick. Ah what the FUCK Eyesore!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:37 pm 
Svartalfar

Now it is real..

http://nightwish.com/en/news#2187

Another chapter of the Nightwish story has ended today. Nightwish and Anette Olzon have decided to part company, in mutual understanding, for the good of all parties involved.

In recent times it has become increasingly obvious that the direction and the needs of the band were in conflict, and this has led to a division from which we cannot recover.

Nightwish has no intention of cancelling any upcoming shows, and as a result we have decided to bring in a substitute vocalist starting in Seattle 1.10.2012. Her name is Floor Jansen from The Netherlands (ex-After Forever, ReVamp), and she has graciously stepped in to help us complete the Imaginaerum world tour.

We are all strongly committed to this journey, this vehicle of spirit, and we are sure that this will lead to a brighter future for everyone.
We forever remain excited about the adventures to come, and we are extremely proud of the two beautiful albums and the wonderful shows we shared together.

- NIGHTWISH & Anette Olzon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:51 pm 
Metal King

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. So for those who don't know, Anette was hospitalized before a show in Denver and the band decided to have the female vocalists touring with Kamelot to fill in for her.

Anette then writes a blog post saying how she wasn't asked if it was okay for the band to do that (link). I gotta think it's related to this or just health reasons.

I know for a lot of people this is good news but I always thought she was great and DPP is still my favourite NW album to date. Glad I got to see her perfom live only a couple of weeks ago.

Edit: Also nice detective skills on finding this thread. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:13 pm 
Karma Whore

Holy smokes if Floor does end up joining full time that would be the best news in metal yet.

Shame about Anette though. I thought she did a good job with Nightwish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:42 pm 
Einherjar

It was childish going behind the bands back to bitch to the press that the show was not cancelled, but if that is the only reason, it is equally childish, if not more so, to fire her over that alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:56 am 
Metal King

Heard the news this morning. Somewhat surprised but I never really did like Anette's vocals that much.

I feel for her, as she is obviously going through a tough time at the moment. There is a video around of her breaking down during a concert, while singing a ballad (I think) and walking off stage. The crowd however began chanting "I hate you" or something, before Marco came out and apologised to the crowd and sung one more song before cutting the concert short.

With all that said, Floor Jansen would be a great fit with Nightwish, however with Tarja and now Anette leaving, I wonder how much a stranglehold Tuomas has with this band. I know its his, but I feel that he has way too much control of it and the cracks are appearing.

I just hope Nightwish dont go down the same path as Stratovarius...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:03 am 
Einherjar

Metastable To Chaos wrote:
Also nice detective skills on finding this thread. :P

Umm...seriously! Wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 am 
Metal King

Wow, what a thread bump. Nice find.

Surprised to see them split up like this. I personally really liked DPP, one of Nightwish's best. I prefer Tarja on vocals obviously but I thought Anette was doing a good job. It blows my mind that she would complain about them doing a show when she was sick instead of sending the fans home.

I really like Floor Jansen, I hope it's a good fit and that they stay together beyond this tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:08 am 
Einherjar

Grown men listen to this band? Wow. Just. Wow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:11 am 
Metal King

Tehom wrote:

You realize this only now? What rock have you been living under?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:14 am 
Metal King

"This is just music. Like life, sometimes we get ill and shows do get canceled. Rihanna wouldn't ask Britney Spears to sing for her if she was ill."

"To think a show is more important than the humans in the band is, for me, so totally not in this world."

Wow, seriously?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:17 am 
Metal King

I guess she got the impression that she can be easily replaced or something silly like that. *shrug*

My best guess for the split would be that she simply couldn't handle it anymore. I mean, she went from being virtually nobody to suddenly being the lead singer of the one of the biggest metal acts out there. Tarja and the rest of the band experienced it way more gradually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:19 am 
Einherjar

Tompa wrote:
"This is just music. Like life, sometimes we get ill and shows do get canceled. Rihanna wouldn't ask Britney Spears to sing for her if she was ill."

"To think a show is more important than the humans in the band is, for me, so totally not in this world."

Wow, seriously?

Yeah, weird point of view. Shows how much she gives a shit about the fans (read: zero).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:36 am 
Ist Krieg

Tehom wrote:
HAHA. Domination.