Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 am

Post subject: Charon splits
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:52 am 
Einherjar

Charon was one of the first 5 metal bands I ever listened too, I'm sad to see
them disappear for good. I really like the genre of metal they played and the style
is losing another major player (sentenced, embraze etc..)

I simply hope that Juha sings for another band because otherwise his talents
would go to waste. I really love his voice especially his tone, it fit the style to
perfection.

RIP Charon.

So In memory of Charon, what was your favorite release ?
For me it's hard to choose but Tearstained and Songs for the Sinner are at the top of my list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:36 am 
Metal King

For me, their best was Downhearted, followed by The Dying Daylights.

I hope J.P goes back to Poisonblack...that debut album kicked ass when it was released in 2003.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:35 pm 
Einherjar

Thank Gods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:26 pm 
Einherjar

AlexandeR wrote:
Thank Gods

I've been ignoring many of your asinine, disobligent comments but this takes the cake. If you don't have anything intelligent to write about a band you obviously dislike can you just not post about it ? Is your new goal in life to be "MR forum jackass" ?

just take those as rhetorical questions and move on to another thread thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:35 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Don't think I've ever heard a full album from them. Which is their best to start with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:47 pm 
Einherjar

grandbazaar wrote:
AlexandeR wrote:
Thank Gods

I've been ignoring many of your asinine, disobligent comments but this takes the cake. If you don't have anything intelligent to write about a band you obviously dislike can you just not post about it ? Is your new goal in life to be "MR forum jackass" ?

Hahaha, what did you expect? Tears, crying? Charon is/was a mediocre Gothic band. I'm glad they no longer exists. Few people will miss them. Is it my new goal in life to be blah blah blah? Obviously no, internet is not important to me. It's sad not all canadians can be as cool as Devwal or Define Inf... oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:34 pm 
Einherjar

AlexandeR wrote:
grandbazaar wrote:
AlexandeR wrote:
Thank Gods

Hahaha, what did you expect? Tears, crying? Charon is/was a mediocre Gothic band. I'm glad they no longer exists. Few people will miss them. Is it my new goal in life to be blah blah blah? Obviously no, internet is not important to me. It's sad not all canadians can be as cool as Devwal or Define Inf... oh well.

Well what did you expect that you could just bitch about bands you don't like all over the place without justifying it ?
That you don't like a band I can understand and respect. That you often post unconstructive and useless posts about bands you hate but other people like , NOW that i don't understand. What's that point other than make people react ?

I opened this thread about a band I care so that others who cared enough may respond, Not so that people can simply dismiss it's work. If your response had a simple phrase explaining why you didn't like them I would have respected that a whole lot more and it would have rendered my first complaint moot.

And for the record, I don't take internet seriously either, I simply like constructive conversations over childish reponses such as "This band suck", just my 2 cents

Last edited by grandbazaar on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:37 pm 
Einherjar

Goat wrote:
Don't think I've ever heard a full album from them. Which is their best to start with?

There's not really a better place to start as all their albums are solid IMO. I got into this band through Downhearted and dying daylights but ended up prefering Tearstained and Songs for the Sinners. Tearstained is a definite classic of the genre IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:46 pm 
Einherjar

Trooper Of Steel wrote:

I hope J.P goes back to Poisonblack...that debut album kicked ass when it was released in 2003.

Yeah that first Poisonblack album was really great, and part of that reason was J.P's voice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:08 pm 
Metal King

grandbazaar wrote:
Trooper Of Steel wrote:

Yeah that first Poisonblack album was really great, and part of that reason was J.P's voice.

Agreed...

I don't mind Ville taking over the vocals, but until "Of Rust And Bones" Poisonblack was beginning to sound like Sentenced.