Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:55 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:35 pm 
Ist Krieg

Yeah Teen Cthulhu are awesome. Anyone who thinks they're disgusting probably doesn't like cool things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:41 pm 
Ist Krieg

noodles wrote:
Yeah Teen Cthulhu are awesome. Anyone who thinks they're disgusting probably doesn't like cool things.
Basic logic, it seems. A is B, C is not B, C is not A. noodz' response is probably the best route, because there will be no convincing of you guys, but they totally appropriate black metal themes and insert them into epic hardcore.

@noodz: Totally check out Welkin Dusk, my friend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AF2yysPfq4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:46 pm 
Ist Krieg

There's something magical in the way that their songs work as 2 minute bursts of aggression, but there's something majestic about the music too.

This Welkin Dusk song is cool. It's very meditative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 pm 
Ist Krieg

noodles wrote:
There's something magical in the way that their songs work as 2 minute bursts of aggression, but there's something majestic about the music too.

This Welkin Dusk song is cool. It's very meditative.
I feel like Teen Cthulhu conjures like trolls marching a la the Nightside Eclipse album cover. If that album is all about the dark clouds and the forested mountains, Teen Cthulhu is jams for the gnarly troll dudes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 pm 
Einherjar

wait so our entire musical taste is to be judged on whether we like one band? and anyone who does not like said band by default has poor taste in music right, thereby meaning that as I find that band to be laughably uninteresting my taste in metal must be poor using your logic, futhermore your logic would suggest it is not possible for me to like any good bands unless I like the criteria upon which you judge the worth of everyone's musical tastes

is it not possible that in fact the reverse is true and liking this band is to be interpreted as a sign that ones taste in black metal is questionable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:25 pm 
Einherjar

RelentlessOblivion wrote:
wait so our entire musical taste is to be judged on whether we like one band? and anyone who does not like said band by default has poor taste in music right, thereby meaning that as I find that band to be laughably uninteresting my taste in metal must be poor using your logic, futhermore your logic would suggest it is not possible for me to like any good bands unless I like the criteria upon which you judge the worth of everyone's musical tastes

is it not possible that in fact the reverse is true and liking this band is to be interpreted as a sign that ones taste in black metal is questionable?

Don't listen to him, all that dancing and tight sweaters has affected his brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:33 pm 
Ist Krieg

Because he was obviously seriously...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:27 am 
Einherjar

yeah because that wasn't an unnecesarilly long way to say his pet band is shit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 am 
Ist Krieg

yeah because that wasn't an unnecesarilly long way to say his pet band is shit...
tl,dr so it was still a fail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:49 am 
Einherjar

well I can't always have clever insults of quality, I'm still a newbie remember lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 am 
Ist Krieg

well I can't always have clever insults of quality, I'm still a newbie remember lol
You should get better at this whole "being a dick" thing if you plan on staying around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:00 am 
Einherjar

oh I'm pretty good at it under the right circumstances, I just can't force it, thought my one liner in the politics thread was pretty good though