It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:28 am

Bruce Dickinson vs Eric Adams
Bruce 73%  73%  [ 22 ]
Eric 27%  27%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Dickinson vs Eric Adams
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:38 am 
Einherjar

To be clear, there are a ton of amazing singers, it's just they could be better if they made a few adjustments that are easy. Maybe coordinating 15 things is too much for everyone. Metal singers are the only ones that really really can do it though. I mean, in the opera days, you had to be at 100db or more, clear as a bell, and you had to have enough energy to fill a room with acoustic pressure. We don't even have that anymore. The guys who are loud as hell are not razor sharp and focused sounding and their isn't anywhere near enough high end to most people's voices. Everyone tears it up too due to some mistake they are making or they got shoehorned into a style when their voice had not matured from a decade of heavy every day practice.

There's tons of good ones. Geoff Tate is one of the few that gets it almost entirely right. I don't need to list who I like, as I wouldn't listen to a shitty singer to begin with.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:06 pm 
Metal King

Ah ! Back to normal :) Yes, Geoff Tate was an amazing singer in his prime. He is often over looked. Not sure how he is now since I haven't listened to him sing after Operation Mindcrime II.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:27 pm 
Einherjar

Thy Serpent wrote:
Ah ! Back to normal :) Yes, Geoff Tate was an amazing singer in his prime. He is often over looked. Not sure how he is now since I haven't listened to him sing after Operation Mindcrime II.

His only issue is that he isn't focused on being the God of Vocals anymore. Like every singer he doesn't understand the weak interactions of the physics involved, so they are discarded once it is believed there is complete control and eventually those interactions become distorted. In other words, he is thinking about it too much. There's no way in hell someone of his skill is not working his ass off trying to figure it out where it is not where it once was. You need a sort of asymmetrical balance to the voice. You gotta know how a lot of forms of energy work and interact with each other and when you do it right, you just know.

That being said, Geoff still sounds great compared to other singers and better than fucking Todd, who I don't believe "has it" and is lucky to be getting by on his instincts. The voice can be healed quickly if you know what you are doing, so I don't believe there's a physical reason. I can completely lose my voice and have it back in an hour. That was one of the first tricks I ever learned. Geoff needs to quit hawking loogies when he sings - that stuff is electrically conductive and needs to be swallowed and redistributed back where it belongs. You can seriously sing for 8 hours straight with no water if your body is breaking down cells when they are used up and replacing them fairly fast, but taking the parts it needs to do so and ejecting them from the system is a bad idea: see the ancient concept of Humours - they were not wrong, it's just science doesn't get it at all. Sorry that topic is disgusting, but it's the truth. Yes, I'm suggesting a singer can basically perform some sort of mystic healing that violates several of our primitive science's laws regarding the medical profession. You only need water when there is dryness and thirst. Too much is just as negative to the body. The fact there is negatively charged fluoride in there now makes it even worse. You need magnesium and potassium anyway, so it will negate it's effect, but like anything, your cells only need so much hydration or the body is too diluted to conduct electricity properly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:17 am 
Karma Whore

In vocal ability the two are probably very similar, but Adam's annoying gruff manly voice thing is fucking annoying. He hits higher notes with probably more ease than Dickinson, but Dickinson's singing voice suits Maiden's range of tempo better than Adam's who only peaks during Manowar's epic tracks. I'd go with Dickinson due to versatility

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:26 pm 
Einherjar

Bruce is fucking lazy and refuses to learn how to separate the cartilages in his voice. That why he sounds like he's been working in a coal mine all day. He intentionally adds that gruffness so he doesn't have to control half of his voice box....It's bullshit that people consider him anywhere close to being the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:51 pm 
Einherjar

Adveser wrote:
He intentionally adds that gruffness so he doesn't have to control half of his voice box....

Or maybe because he's been screaming his balls off for 30 fucking years. Have you heard Halford recently?

Adveser wrote:
It's bullshit that people consider him anywhere close to being the best.

Maiden is one of the greatest metal bands ever and Dickinson played a huge role in their ascendance. His quality of work over time merits inclusion with all the greats. You're entitled to your opinion but get over it already, man.