Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:09 am

Post subject: Gloryhammer
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:23 pm 
Metal Slave

I'm suprised noone's made a thread or review about these guys here. The band is founded by Alestorm's vocalist Christopher Bowes, though in this band he just plays keyboard and lets another, truly amazing, singer by the name of Thomas Winkler handle the mic instead. Their debut is called Tales from the Kingdom of Fife and sounds pretty much like a mix between early Rhapsody melodywise and current Sabaton productionwise. All in all it's pretty fucking good.
The lyrics are extremely cheesy which i personally love but might offend some people. People agreeing with most of Chris's reviews will probably love these guys.

The Unicorn Invasion of Dundee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-I8-1hNmuU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:59 pm 
Einherjar

This is ridiculously bad and represents everything that is bad about this type of metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:50 pm 
Metal Lord

Holy_Terror wrote:
This is ridiculously bad and represents everything that is bad about this type of metal.

Ridiculous band more than ridiculously bad. Never listened to Alestorm or these guys , I'm not into this kind of stuff for years now, but I don't see anything wrong with a little bit of feel good fantasy metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:36 pm 
Metal King

That was surprisingly good actually!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm 
Metal Slave

Holy_Terror wrote:

Judging from your Bloodbound thread I thought you were gonna like 'em. Nice melodies, a good singer and ridiculous lyrics. Just like Bloodbound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:51 pm 
Einherjar

Hansel wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:

Judging from your Bloodbound thread I thought you were gonna like 'em. Nice melodies, a good singer and ridiculous lyrics. Just like Bloodbound.

To me this band is more like Rhapsody or Freedom Call. Totally whimpy, flowery, and so cheese-laden that I can't stand it. It's annoying is what it is. But don't let me ruin the party for you. I was just stating my opinion not trying to direct anyone away from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:21 am 
Metal Slave

Holy_Terror wrote:
Hansel wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:

To me this band is more like Rhapsody or Freedom Call. Totally whimpy, flowery, and so cheese-laden that I can't stand it. It's annoying is what it is. But don't let me ruin the party for you. I was just stating my opinion not trying to direct anyone away from it.

I actually find them quite heavy in sound, somewhere along the lines of Seventh Avenue or Solar Fragment. I don't mind anyone disliking them, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:35 am 
Metal King

Anything with galloping rhythm guitars are already half in with me. Actually one of the main reasons I liked Bloodbound's debut so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:47 pm 
Einherjar

I guess I find this to be whimpy and too symphonic sounding. Whereas Bloodbound sounded more traditional power metal to me. The Rhapsody comparison is undeniable, and that alone is enough to make me dislike it.