Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 pm

Post subject: Bloodbound - Nosferatu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:06 pm 
Einherjar

Just got this album the other day and think it's totally fucking awesome. I loved Urban Breed in Tad Morose, particularly the album "Matters of the Dark," but I think I like this even more. Tad Morose's guitar players tend to write riffs that don't exactly strike me as awesome. Bloodbound, on the other hand, is choc-ful of traditional metal glory that will appeal to any metal head worth his salt. Add to that the fact that Urban Breed is his characteristic awesome self and BAM! You've got a winner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 pm 
The Commish

Listening now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 pm 
The Commish

Singing is lol.

Well, I must have shit taste in music because I couldn't make it through one song. I can't stand these corny ass sing-a-long choruses. Reminds of those Disney sing-a-long movies from back in the day.

Guitar playing is pretty fucking cool though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:31 am 
Metal King

The first 5 tracks are so freaking awesome, it makes the others, which by no means are bad tracks, sound a little less good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:33 am 
Metal King

DevotedWalnut wrote:
I can't stand these corny ass sing-a-long choruses. Reminds of those Disney sing-a-long movies from back in the day.

Guitar playing is pretty fucking cool though.

I actually love sing along choruses as much as I do other stuff. So, this albums gets a huge thumbs up from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 pm 
Metal King

I loved the album when it first came out, very catchy and solid power metal. It was probably my album of the year at the time. Unfortunately I got tired of it rather quickly and never listen to it these days, but I sure enjoyed it a whole lot before that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:21 pm 
Metal Lord

Bloodbound, together with 3 Inches Of Blood, Cage and a few more is one of those band I could probably really like, but haven't checked out yet, except maybe song or two, in all those years. Cause I'm stupid and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 pm 
Einherjar

The first five tracks are superb and really do make the last six look like crap. Not that they're bad, but they just are not nearly as good.

Can't decide whether I like this more than Tad Morose. Musically I prefer Bloodbound, but I think I like Urban Breed's singing better in Tad Morose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:15 pm 
Metal Servant

Wivian wrote:
Bloodbound, together with 3 Inches Of Blood, Cage and a few more is one of those band I could probably really like, but haven't checked out yet, except maybe song or two, in all those years. Cause I'm stupid and all.

Check Cage first especially Hell Destoyer. That's one fucking kick ass albums. 3 Inches Of Blood is good too. Good riffing but vocals are very high pitched and it may not be for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:17 pm 
Metal Servant

As far as Nosferatu it's good but personally i prefer Book Of The Dead. I like Tabula Rasa too but after that it went a bit downhill. Last album is pretty average imho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:13 am 
Metal Slave

Flying Knee wrote:
Wivian wrote:

Check Cage first especially Hell Destoyer. That's one fucking kick ass albums. 3 Inches Of Blood is good too. Good riffing but vocals are very high pitched and it may not be for everyone.

Yes. This is pretty much exactly what I'd say :)