Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:11 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:16 am 
Ist Krieg

Masshole McDinglenuts wrote:
There is no fucking way that, if you'd paid hard-earned money for the album, you'd come back with that opinion in that short a time.
There is no fucking way that I would ever pay money for half the shit I take a risk on trying. The very fact that my tastes have developed into an appreciation of drone, sludge, USBM, hardcore and grind this past year is because I'm able to filter through a lot of shit via downloading. It's a matter of knowing exactly what I want from an album that leads to being able to discern rather quickly whether something is for me or not.

But anyways, not following you down that rabbit hole, I was making snide jabs and opened that up and so I'll let you have the last word if you want it. I don't disagree with you necessarily, but I also don't think such practices need to be painted with such a broad stroke as simply bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 am 
Metal Lord

traptunderice wrote:
...but it's always a recognition that it just isn't for me. Rhetorically, it might appear more drastic, but that drama never reaches the pinnacle of Ken's categorical claims.

The problem with this statement is that you clearly have never listened to what I've said. I would never get upset with someone for not liking something, for simply saying, "It isn't for me." That kind of statement is perfectly fine. I would never expect anyone to love everything, man.

It's the way some of you say it. "That shit's gay and whoever listens to it is gay for liking it" is precisely the kind of thing I have responded to, and that shit has been rampant on this forum for as long as I've been a member. You guys don't just shrug and go, "Eh. Not for me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:19 am 
Ist Krieg

traptunderice wrote:
North From Here wrote:
traptunderice wrote:
North From Here wrote:
I'm not bitching because you guys just shit on Queensryche. I'm pointing out how extremely negative many of you are when it comes to music in general.

I see what you are saying Ken, and I basically agree.
It's because all we do is sit around and download music all day. We don't have to work for it anymore. Maybe if we still had to tape trade and give handies in dark alleys like Ken had to in order for the chance to hear Saxon or QR's Warning then maybe we'd stop being so negative about the music and just enjoy it because we have it.

Yeah, that is probably a huge part of it, trapt. Our culture has become stratified across the spectrum in so many forms. Hard to believe there were just 3 television channels for so long, for example, or just a tiny fraction of the films released every year as compared to now.
Wouldn't that point to the need to develop a critical capacity? The fact that we are bombarded with so much we have to be negative in order to cut out a swath of what we like? I'm sorry I can't love everything.

Nor do I, and thus I keep a lot of my opinions on some of the popular bands on this site to myself. A matter of degree, as you allude to: "this isn't for me" rather than "this shit is gay and you are gay for listening to it."

And as Ken says, there is flippant opinion slinging that goes on, I don't think you guys are diametrically opposed in the sense that you would be to what Steve is famous for on the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:27 am 
Metal Lord

traptunderice wrote:
There is no fucking way that, if you'd paid hard-earned money for the album, you'd come back with that opinion in that short a time.

There is no fucking way that I would ever pay money for half the shit I take a risk on trying. The very fact that my tastes have developed into an appreciation of drone, sludge, USBM, hardcore and grind this past year is because I'm able to filter through a lot of shit via downloading. It's a matter of knowing exactly what I want from an album that leads to being able to discern rather quickly whether something is for me or not.

But anyways, not following you down that rabbit hole, I was making snide jabs and opened that up and so I'll let you have the last word if you want it. I don't disagree with you necessarily, but I also don't think such practices need to be painted with such a broad stroke as simply bad.

I have no issues with downloading to sample whether or not one wants to buy something. I have an issue with people not giving something a proper chance yet still going on the offense in order to shit all over it.

I don't need to kick back, dim the lights, put on some headphones and clear my mind while listening to an album to know whether or not it's something I want to, at least at that time, spend money on. But I also know it is unfair for me to go declaring it to be a festering pile of shit all over the Internet.

That's the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 am 
Metal King

Huh? You can preview anything you want on YouTube. No need to d/l bro. BTW I have bought and paid for everything that sits on my hard drive, and I still think this sounds mediocre.

If things are really going to sound better when the 'real' shit comes out, they should have waited until the clips were more polished.

Maybe Tate is right .. these guys are idiots.

Last edited by GeneralDiomedes on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:45 am 
Einherjar

it's the fucking internet as snake would say

people will do what they do whether you like it or not so down a glass of cement and harden up or alternatively you can continue to get butthurt because someone doesn't like a band you think is great or an album you think is brilliant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 am 
Metal Lord

RelentlessOblivion wrote:
it's the fucking internet as snake would say

people will do what they do whether you like it or not so down a glass of cement and harden up or alternatively you can continue to get butthurt because someone doesn't like a band you think is great or an album you think is brilliant

And then there are people like you, the people who can't manage to combine reading and comprehension.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 am 
Einherjar

it's not that I fail to comprehend, it's just that I don't care, you complain about people not giving what you would deem adequate reasons just saying 'gay band is gay" more or less correct? well guess what princess it's the internet and you can't control what people think so you've got two real choices, to shrug it off or get butthurt whenever someone talks shit about a band you like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:38 am 
Metal Lord

it's not that I fail to comprehend, it's just that I don't care, you complain about people not giving what you would deem adequate reasons just saying 'gay band is gay" more or less correct? well guess what princess it's the internet and you can't control what people think so you've got two real choices, to shrug it off or get butthurt whenever someone talks shit about a band you like

No, you have failed to comprehend because nothing you just said is relevant to anything I've said.

Simply put: You're dumb. Probably. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:42 am 
Karma Whore

It's not nice of you to say, Ken, but I came to the same conclusion. :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:45 am 
Ist Krieg

Anyone that uses the phrase "butthurt" repeatedly has a maturity problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 am 
Einherjar

and you are failing to understand that this is your argument

you have no problem with trapt because he siays Queensryche isn't his thing, but by your own admission loathe people who say "this band is gay and liking this band makes you gay" that shit shouldn't bother you by the way why you care what some internet random thinks of bands you like (which is the impression I'm getting from some of your comments) well who knows, all of this however is not touching on the topic at hand, that being the new imitation Queensryche album which I have no interest in having heard some of their recent efforts on youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:04 am 
Metal Lord

The Annoying Frenchman wrote:
It's not nice of you to say, Ken, but I came to the same conclusion. :sad:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:06 am 
Metal Lord

and you are failing to understand that this is your argument

you have no problem with trapt because he siays Queensryche isn't his thing, but by your own admission loathe people who say "this band is gay and liking this band makes you gay" that shit shouldn't bother you by the way why you care what some internet random thinks of bands you like (which is the impression I'm getting from some of your comments) well who knows, all of this however is not touching on the topic at hand, that being the new imitation Queensryche album which I have no interest in having heard some of their recent efforts on youtube

Wrong again, sweetheart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:19 am 
Karma Whore

Oh yeah RO hasn't been fully introduced to Ken.

RO meet Ken
Ken meet RO

(now goes and gets some popcorn and beer to watch the fights)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 am 
Einherjar

so this is Ken? I've heard a bit about you, this argument is becoming circular so sorry metalstorm you'll have to look elsewhere for your bloodsport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:07 am 
Metal Lord

so this is Ken? I've heard a bit about you, this argument is becoming circular so sorry metalstorm you'll have to look elsewhere for your bloodsport

Not surprising. I'm very popular here. Legend! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:50 am 
Ist Krieg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 am 
Karma Whore

That's about right, Val.
Relentless Wiggum :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:02 am 
Ist Krieg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next