Post subject: Queensryche Album Teaser
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:48 am 
Metal Lord

Dare I get excited?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNP_jR0McuU&sns=fb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:29 am 
Metal King

Absolutely no reason at all to call themselves Queensryche at this point other than to cash in on the name recognition.

I would go to a show just to hear the old material performed by the new crew however ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 am 
Einherjar

Sounded like a bunch of junk that was thrown together. Todd sounds medicore and people can't exactly use the excuse for him that they were live takes when there were so many obnoxious higher octave overdubs right up front in the mix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:18 pm 
Metal Lord

Guess not :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:42 pm 
Metal King

It does sound better than post Empire Queensryche however. Maybe it will work as a Queensryche clone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:46 pm 
Metal Lord

I don't know man. I just don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:40 pm 
Einherjar

It reminded me of everything I hate about post-Warning and EP Queensryche.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:34 am 
Metal Lord

The rampant negativity here always makes me laugh. At the other forum I post at, most people were optimistic, fully understanding that these are half-assed demos just meant to give people a little taste. They have potential, you know.

Here...well, you get people like Adveser.

Though I don't particularly think any of those short clips sounded like the Queensryche of old or present, I do think a number of them have the potential to be good ol' heavy metal tunes. To suggest they sound like "junk thrown together" is absurd. There is not enough to go on to decide either way. In the end they might suck, but they might be killer. Who knows!

But these reactions, of course, are indicative of an individual's everyday mindset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:44 am 
Einherjar

Masshole McDinglenuts wrote:
The rampant negativity here always makes me laugh. At the other forum I post at, most people were optimistic, fully understanding that these are half-assed demos just meant to give people a little taste. They have potential, you know.

Here...well, you get people like Adveser.

Though I don't particularly think any of those short clips sounded like the Queensryche of old or present, I do think a number of them have the potential to be good ol' heavy metal tunes. To suggest they sound like "junk thrown together" is absurd. There is not enough to go on to decide either way. In the end they might suck, but they might be killer. Who knows!

But these reactions, of course, are indicative of an individual's everyday mindset.

With respect, I think the negativity towards this band is not so much based on these demos, but rather the rest of their recent output. It's not like the people around here have failed to give Queensryche a chance. The band has done a lot to erode good will in the last few years. It's only fair people would be sceptical.

When a band shows that it can deliver, people around here are not so negative. You won't see anybody being pessimistic about the next Immolation or Overkill release, to name just 2 bands who have actually earned some good will. You can't just expect optimism after so much shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:59 am 
Einherjar

I never really thought much about Queensryche to be honest, not until I bought the EP, I'd heard so much negative talk about much of what they'd done, I think the EP is great, I may at some point check out some of their other really old stuff but will probably leave it there unless I see that this new one is worth checking out

another band people will be optimistic about 'round here: Vektor (who are fucking awesome and should hurry the fuck up with another album)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:21 pm 
Metal King

I do think a number of them have the potential to be good ol' heavy metal tunes.

Early DeGarmo penned Queensryche is metal music of the highest order, not simply some good ol heavy metal. Here we have a bunch of has-beens (literally) trying to channel the ghosts of DeGarmo/Tate ..

So while it may be some good ol music, is it good Queensryche? They are the ones who decided to continue using the monikor, so they gotta live with the inevitable comparisons. I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:37 pm 
The Commish

Stop making fun of my favourite band guys.

Screw it, I'm leaving for a couple months again.

- Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:53 pm 
Einherjar

I'm not making fun of 'em, I've only just been turned onto the band through the EP, weve lost snake we don't wanna lose you too lol :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:52 pm 
Ist Krieg

RelentlessOblivion wrote:
I'm not making fun of 'em, I've only just been turned onto the band through the EP, weve lost snake we don't wanna lose you too lol :lol:
DW was mocking Ken, who is actually Masshole McDinglenuts, who albeit knowledgeable has a tendency to throw bitch fits when his bands get mocked and thinks that every pile of shit hides a gem even it it's a tiny one. I think you're caught up now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:21 pm 
Metal Lord

I'm not bitching because you guys just shit on Queensryche. I'm pointing out how extremely negative many of you are when it comes to music in general.

If anyone actually knew my opinions on Queensryche they would know that I loved everything up to through Promised Land, which is an absurdly overrated album. I even liked Hear In The Now Frontier, though I do realize it's more of a DeGarmo solo album with Tate singing.

Tribe and Q2K had a few decent tunes, with "Right Side Of My Mind" being awesome. Mindcrime II has a few really good songs, but overall isn't very good, especially the story line. Amercian Soldier has one great song, "At 30,000 Feet," and all the others are festering turds. And I don't even own Dedicated To Chaos, so that should tell you my feelings on that one.

So let's not pretend I'm getting butt-hurt because you guys picked on my favewit band. I have long been off the Queensryche bangwagon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:33 pm 
Ist Krieg

I'm not bitching because you guys just shit on Queensryche. I'm pointing out how extremely negative many of you are when it comes to music in general.

I see what you are saying Ken, and I basically agree.

I agreed with Ken: apocalypse incoming. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:48 pm 
Ist Krieg

North From Here wrote:

It's because all we do is sit around and download music all day. We don't have to work for it anymore. Maybe if we still had to tape trade and give handies in dark alleys like Ken had to in order for the chance to hear Saxon or QR's Warning then maybe we'd stop being so negative about the music and just enjoy it because we have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:53 pm 
Ist Krieg

traptunderice wrote:
North From Here wrote:

It's because all we do is sit around and download music all day. We don't have to work for it anymore. Maybe if we still had to tape trade and give handies in dark alleys like Ken had to in order for the chance to hear Saxon or QR's Warning then maybe we'd stop being so negative about the music and just enjoy it because we have it.

Yeah, that is probably a huge part of it, trapt. Our culture has become stratified across the spectrum in so many forms. Hard to believe there were just 3 television channels for so long, for example, or just a tiny fraction of the films released every year as compared to now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:10 am 
Ist Krieg

North From Here wrote:
traptunderice wrote:
North From Here wrote:

Yeah, that is probably a huge part of it, trapt. Our culture has become stratified across the spectrum in so many forms. Hard to believe there were just 3 television channels for so long, for example, or just a tiny fraction of the films released every year as compared to now.
Wouldn't that point to the need to develop a critical capacity? The fact that we are bombarded with so much we have to be negative in order to cut out a swath of what we like? I'm sorry I can't love everything. This negativity would only be problematic if it was so immature as "that shit's gay and whoever listens to it is gay for liking it", but we're not all Steve. I have my opinions on Nightwish, Queensryche and ilk of that variety, but it's always a recognition that it just isn't for me. Rhetorically, it might appear more drastic, but that drama never reaches the pinnacle of Ken's categorical claims.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:12 am 
Metal Lord

traptunderice wrote:
North From Here wrote:

I'm not that old, bro.

And yes, I still believe that when a person has to pay for something they're more willing to give it a chance. Some of you fuckers have literally posted "Downloading now," and then come back 30 minutes later declaring the album to be shit.

There is no fucking way that, if you'd paid hard-earned money for the album, you'd come back with that opinion in that short a time. It's not even sensible to suggest it. Downloading something for free means you have nothing at stake, and this sort of flippant opinion slinging that goes on on the Internet is just proof of what I've said all along.

Disagree all you want, but you're wrong.