Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am

Post subject: Keldian - albums now available for free
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:21 am 
Svartalfar

Just went to the website of Keldian (http://www.keldian.com) to see if there was any news of their upcoming album, and saw that they redesigned their site.

But the most interesting : they made their two albums (Heaven's Gate and Journey of Souls) available to download for free, in MP3 or lossless :dio:
Apparently, Heaven's Gate was remastered as well.

For those who don't know them, they are a Norwegian duo playing a blend of catchy power metal with some progressive and AOR touches. Cory did a review of their first album here :
http://www.metalreviews.com/reviews/detail.php3?id=7024

(edit : fixed review link)

Last edited by equinoxe3d on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:37 am 
Ist Krieg

Thanks for sharing man. Great band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:01 am 
Einherjar

Sounds like a deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:27 pm 
Destroyer ov Spambots

Great band, those who don't know them should give them a try. Journey of Souls especially is excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:43 am 
Metal Lord

Amazing band (I've fully reviewed both of their CDs on MCDR btw), and I'm greatly anticipating their new CD, though I'm not sure if it will be released this year. We'll see...

Can't wait! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:00 am 
Metal Lord

This is great news, hopefully that means they are working on new material. I will be curious to check out the remastered album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:57 pm 
Metal Lord

They are working on new material, and have been for a few years. I believe they're close to finishing their 3rd CD.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:41 am 
Metal Fighter

Clint-metalcdratings wrote:
They are working on new material, and have been for a few years. I believe they're close to finishing their 3rd CD.

Clint - we've exchanged a few emails about these guys. Wondering why they'd offer free downloads of their albums? I'd rather people buy the albums - for THEIR sake. Don't really get it. Incredible band, regardless. Can't wait for the new album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:57 pm 
Metal Lord

FlickoftheSwitch wrote:

Clint - we've exchanged a few emails about these guys. Wondering why they'd offer free downloads of their albums? I'd rather people buy the albums - for THEIR sake. Don't really get it. Incredible band, regardless. Can't wait for the new album.

At this point I would imagine album sales have mostly leveled off for those two, and this is them working to re-ignite interest prior to the release of a new album. If I remember correctly, they didn't tour in support of either of the previous albums so this would make sense. I have seen other bands do it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:04 am 
Metal Lord

Quote:
At this point I would imagine album sales have mostly leveled off for those two, and this is them working to re-ignite interest prior to the release of a new album.

Correct. This is the reason.

Post subject: Re: Keldian - albums now available for free
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:51 pm 
Metal Lord

Wow, this section of the forum is kinda dead. :mellow:

Keldian's 3rd CD is finally here, and I just published my review...
http://www.angelfire.com/music5/metalcd ... EVIEW.html

:dio:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:26 am 
Svartalfar

Wow, this section of the forum is kinda dead. :mellow:

Keldian's 3rd CD is finally here, and I just published my review...
http://www.angelfire.com/music5/metalcd ... EVIEW.html

Kinda dead is quite the understatement. There used to be a time I would come here, anticipating news about some band I haven't heard of yet that was sure to blow my mind. Good thing I've had your site to fall back on. I'm excited to hear Keldian's new offering, and in discovering this post and your new crop of reviews, I am even more excited to hear the new Armory! I'm also glad to see you gave the new Epysode the review it earned/deserved. In fact, in checking out your profile on your page, I can tell you that about 95% of your favorite of all-time albums are mine as well. I want to think that's weird, but it's really just awesome. Ever think about starting a forum for your site? I think it would be the final puzzle piece to your site.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:03 am 
Metal Lord

Quote:
Ever think about starting a forum for your site? I think it would be the final puzzle piece to your site.

Yes, a long time ago. There were two reasons I never started one... time constraints, and the negativity it could bring (I've dealt with a fair amount of it on forums over the years).

I'm glad you're a fan of the site! Thanks for reading my reviews, and also my 'Profile'. That's awesome we both like a lot of the same CDs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:42 pm 
Svartalfar

Quote:
Ever think about starting a forum for your site? I think it would be the final puzzle piece to your site.

Yes, a long time ago. There were two reasons I never started one... time constraints, and the negativity it could bring (I've dealt with a fair amount of it on forums over the years).

I'm glad you're a fan of the site! Thanks for reading my reviews, and also my 'Profile'. That's awesome we both like a lot of the same CDs.

I hear you on the forum business - just as an inconsistent user, I've experienced the sort of negativity you speak of, especially on this site way back before this version of the forums. As a short-tempered teenager I looked forward to it, but nowadays it'd just bother me. I feel like this sort of thing is almost unavoidable on an internet forum but, would be somewhat mitigated by the fact that you're almost exclusively power/prog oriented, and (hopefully) would mostly draw from that crowd.

For what it's worth, in the event that you do ever open a forum, I'd like to help in any way I can. Like I said, final piece of the puzzle.