Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:52 am 
good album!
awsome atmosphere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:44 am 
Metal Lord

I have had Prometheus and Anthems for over a year now, but just today got my hands on a copy of this. While I can't say I share the fanaticism expressed by some here, I will admit that Emperor's music isn't quite like anything else. There is just something bizzare about it that you can't put your finger on. The guitars make sounds that guitars shouldn't be able to make.... I have never said to myself "Fuck yea throw on some Emperor!" But I throw these albums on once in a while whenver I am in a strange mood. It is something that kind of sweeps you along and makes you wander off into space, something very very few bands can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:32 am 
Metal Lord

Hrmm, I don't suppose there is band that sounds like Emperor, but with all clean vocals? (or at least minimal screaming?) Even though I love harsh vocals, it occured to me today that I wish Ishan did way more clean vocals, in fact I wish it was mostly clean. So maybe there is another band out there that might fall into that category? I was listening to Death Cult Armageddon and thought the same thing. Why doesn't Dimmu just become a full fledged goth opera? Since that's not going to happen maybe someone can suggest a band that is like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:39 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Arthur wrote:
Hrmm, I don't suppose there is band that sounds like Emperor, but with all clean vocals? (or at least minimal screaming?) Even though I love harsh vocals, it occured to me today that I wish Ishan did way more clean vocals, in fact I wish it was mostly clean. So maybe there is another band out there that might fall into that category? I was listening to Death Cult Armageddon and thought the same thing. Why doesn't Dimmu just become a full fledged goth opera? Since that's not going to happen maybe someone can suggest a band that is like that?

Arcturus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:20 am 
Zad wrote:
Arthur wrote:

Arcturus?

Solefald fits too... none are that gothy actually... :roll:

What about Graveworm ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:00 am 
Svartalfar

hey, first off just wanna say, i may be new on the forums, but i have actually been visiting this site for over a year but was always to lazy to sign up, so yes, i have been basically cyber stalking all you this while time.
haha

but anyway, i think this was mentioned before, but the recording for this album i think is the ideal black metal production. The production is absolutely perfect for this album, and could realyl be a blanket statement for all black metal, if it has production like this, its most likely good black metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:28 am 
Einherjar

Hello!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:29 am 
Karma Whore

Arthur wrote:

The new Ihsahn?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:42 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Metalhead_Bastard wrote:
Arthur wrote:

The new Ihsahn?

Early Peccatum.

And welcome aboard, Dawn!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:08 pm 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

Newer Enslaved?

And hello Red Dawn! Hope you stick around!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:11 pm 
Ist Krieg

I can't think of a real black metal band with clean vocals, except Urfaust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:12 pm 
Karma Whore

Primordial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:13 pm 
Kathaarian wrote:

any good ? samples ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:15 pm 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

Stefan wrote:
Kathaarian wrote:

any good ? samples ?

Dont pretend. You are Kathy, Zad. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:18 pm 
Ist Krieg

Stefan wrote:
Kathaarian wrote:

any good ? samples ?

http://www.christcrusher.com/urfaustsample1.mp3
http://www.christcrusher.com/urfaustsample2.mp3

edit: Ok, these aren't really clean vocals, but the last album of theirs has mostly clean vocals just like the end of the first sample. Pretty good, imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:51 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

following the reaper wrote:
Newer Enslaved?

And hello Red Dawn! Hope you stick around!

If Enslaved, then Opeth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:12 am 
Metal Lord

Well thanks for the suggestions. I didn't mean I was looking for something goth, I was just saying that I wish bands like Dimmu and Cradle would push that aspect of their music and give up on trying to throw in black metal parts. As for Emperor I hardly ever listen to Eclipse. I bought it for the cover more than anything, that cover owns, might even say it is my all time favorite. I actually prefer Prometheus to Anthems or Eclipse. Which is funny because those two have horrible covers that are too fucking dark and you can't even tell what the hell is going on. Anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:18 pm 
Karma Whore

Arthur wrote:
Well thanks for the suggestions. I didn't mean I was looking for something goth, I was just saying that I wish bands like Dimmu and Cradle would push that aspect of their music and give up on trying to throw in black metal parts. As for Emperor I hardly ever listen to Eclipse. I bought it for the cover more than anything, that cover owns, might even say it is my all time favorite. I actually prefer Prometheus to Anthems or Eclipse. Which is funny because those two have horrible covers that are too fucking dark and you can't even tell what the hell is going on. Anyway...

Crionics is a nice little Emperor rip-off. Armageddon's Evolution is likea more Deathy version of Anthems to the Welkin. You might dig it. He sings in a Death Metal style too.

As for all clean vocals, I don't think that exists, to be honest. But check out everyone's reccomendations, they mentioned some great bands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:27 pm 
Sailor Man

Crionics is one of the best blackened death metal bands i have ever heard with Behemoth and Zyklon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:40 pm 
Einherjar

probably a milestone album for any black metal band to compare and emulate. it tests the songwritting skills. Ihsan is a genius cum maniac. and credit goes to samoth as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next