Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:20 pm 
Svartalfar

Zad wrote:
Stefan wrote:
Balthashack wrote:
I really love this album. So heavy! Machine Head are a great band, hope the new album will be as good as this! Robin Flynn's a genious!

:shock:

:roll:

:lol:

whatever you say... welcome aboard anyway (you really eed our help)...

Stay away from Stefan. He eats innocent young boys for breakfast, dipped in hot chocolate.

And isn't it Robert?

Sounds scary!

And yes :oops: how did I get that wrong?! :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:44 pm 
I'm listening to this again right now, Davidian is the only good song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:28 am 
Einherjar

So i just listened to Davidian the so called best song on the album. If that's the best, I don't want to hear the rest. That had a couple decent riffs and that's it. The vocals are shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:32 am 
Orion wrote:
So i just listened to Davidian the so called best song on the album. If that's the best, I don't want to hear the rest. That had a couple decent riffs and that's it. The vocals are shit.

You teenagers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:56 am 
Ist Krieg

Eyesore wrote:
Orion wrote:

You teenagers...

What?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:56 am 
Legacy Of The Night wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Orion wrote:

You teenagers...

What?

nevermind... his prostate's aching... poor old Kenny... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:58 am 
Einherjar

Eyesore wrote:
Orion wrote:

You teenagers...

Well Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are two of my favorite bands so I doubt my age has anything to do with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:47 am 
Ist Krieg

Zad wrote:
Stefan wrote:
Balthashack wrote:
I really love this album. So heavy! Machine Head are a great band, hope the new album will be as good as this! Robin Flynn's a genious!

:shock:

:roll:

:lol:

whatever you say... welcome aboard anyway (you really eed our help)...

Stay away from Stefan. He eats innocent young boys for breakfast, dipped in hot chocolate.

And isn't it Robert?

Actually its Robbbbert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:20 am 
Stefan wrote:
Legacy Of The Night wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Orion wrote:

You teenagers...

What?

nevermind... his prostate's aching... poor old Kenny... :lol:

I'm not bi, my prostates never aching. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:06 pm 
Metal King

Time for my 2 cents

A classic all the way.

For its time, it was different and did set the scene for what was to follow.
I remember getting this album and playing it non stop for ages. I was already into metal, but this album helped me branch out into new genres.

Great album

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:39 pm 
Einherjar

This is not a classic. First its waaayyy too young. Second of all, Pantera was doing this kind of shit long before. Third of all, they broke up a really awesome band so they could start making shit music. So there. No classic=ness here. Try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:03 am 
Holy_Terror wrote:
This is not a classic. First its waaayyy too young. Second of all, Pantera was doing this kind of shit long before. Third of all, they broke up a really awesome band so they could start making shit music. So there. No classic=ness here. Try again.

Long before? Machine Head recorded their first demo in 1993, released Burn My Eyes in 1994, Pantera didn't abandon the 80's metal until Vulgar Display Of Power in 1992. Long before?

Regardless, this sounds nothing like Pantera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:47 am 
Metal King

Quote:
Regardless, this sounds nothing like Pantera

Exactly

And it doesnt matter how Machine Head turned out years later, its this album which is given the classic status

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:50 am 
The final verdict: Machine head suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:55 am 
Metal King

They may suck now as they have changed a fair bit, but Burn My Eyes ruled everything for its time, as classics do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:50 am 
Trooper Of Steel wrote:
They may suck now as they have changed a fair bit, but Burn My Eyes ruled everything for its time, as classics do

We agree on this album, but I may have to call you names! :wink: The More Things Change was great, The Burning Red was good for what it was, Supercharger was a miss for the most part, but Through The Ashes Of Empires is right up there with Burn My Eyes.

It'll never be considered a classic because the impact is not the same, but had Through The Ashes Of Empires come out in 1994 and Burn My Eyes in 2004, we'd be having the same conversation right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:18 am 
Metal King

Eyesore wrote:
Trooper Of Steel wrote:

We agree on this album, but I may have to call you names! :wink: The More Things Change was great, The Burning Red was good for what it was, Supercharger was a miss for the most part, but Through The Ashes Of Empires is right up there with Burn My Eyes.

It'll never be considered a classic because the impact is not the same, but had Through The Ashes Of Empires come out in 1994 and Burn My Eyes in 2004, we'd be having the same conversation right now.

Sorry, but TMTC was not great, imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:57 pm 
Metal King

Eyesore wrote:
Trooper Of Steel wrote:

Hey Eyesore, i said may suck. May suck to some people, not me. I also had everything Machine Head brought out except their latest album. I loved The More Things Change probably more than Burn My Eyes. The Burning Red was pretty good while Supercharger was a big let down. Thats when i moved away from that type of sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:42 pm 
Trooper Of Steel wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Trooper Of Steel wrote:

Hey Eyesore, i said may suck. May suck to some people, not me. I also had everything Machine Head brought out except their latest album. I loved The More Things Change probably more than Burn My Eyes. The Burning Red was pretty good while Supercharger was a big let down. Thats when i moved away from that type of sound.

OK, the way it was written seemed like you thought they sucked now. So, have you not heard Through The Ashes Of Empires?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:23 pm 
Metal King

Yeah, heard about 4-5 tracks. Not bad, not bad at all

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next