Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
Author Message
 Post subject: Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz (#2843)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:20 am 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Image
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz
Heavy Metal!
Quoted: CLASSIC


Click here to see the review.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:11 am 
Offline
Karma Whore
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:56 pm
Posts: 3561
This is nowhere near a classic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:18 am 
no weak song on this first Ozzy solo release and a bunch of great songs (Mr Crowley, Suicide Solution, Crazy Train, Goodbye To Romance, Revelation (Mother Earth))... if that doesn't make it a classic then nothing will... :roll:

as for me i'll rate it 95/100, my fav' Ozzy :D

PS : Randy Rhoads kicks ass !


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:30 am 
Offline
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:23 am
Posts: 1025
Besides Suicide Solution this album is average and boring. 70/100


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:28 pm 
Offline
MetalReviews Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:10 pm
Posts: 2007
Location: My sickbed.
I adore "Mr. Crowley." Best song Ozzy's done, in my humble opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:54 pm 
Offline
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 1307
Location: south
I don't like Ozzy, and if I ever listened to Blizzard of Ozz, it was so long ago that I remember nothing. But Moonspell's cover of Mr Crowley sounds very very good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:00 pm 
Offline
MetalReviews Staff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:02 pm
Posts: 29227
Location: UK
I love Crazy Train, not heard much of rest of album.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:01 pm 
Brahm_K wrote:
This is nowhere near a classic.


Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:04 pm 
Offline
MetalReviews Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:53 pm
Posts: 580
Location: New York
Brahm_K wrote:
This is nowhere near a classic.


Every metalhead should own this album! No if's, and's or but's about it! If you say that this is not a classic because you prefer other Ozzy albums over this one then that's one thing. But if you say that it's not a classic because you simply don't like him, then that is totally bias. One doesn't have to like Ozzy to know this is a true classic, with a guitar hero who's days were ended way too soon. The metal world was robbed of the rest of the potential that Randy had to offer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:21 pm 
Offline
Karma Whore
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:56 pm
Posts: 3561
Jeff@Metalreviews wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
This is nowhere near a classic.


Every metalhead should own this album! No if's, and's or but's about it! If you say that this is not a classic because you prefer other Ozzy albums over this one then that's one thing. But if you say that it's not a classic because you simply don't like him, then that is totally bias. One doesn't have to like Ozzy to know this is a true classic, with a guitar hero who's days were ended way too soon. The metal world was robbed of the rest of the potential that Randy had to offer.


Randy Rhodes was an incredible guitarist. I don't know that that makes this album a classic.

This album has a few very good songs. Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley, and Revelation, just because the solo is so damn amazing. Ozzy is simply a bad vocalist, and brings the album down, not to mention that most of the songs are pretty unmemorable. I'd give it a 71/100, which is not classic material.

Quote:
Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal


How is this the roots of metal? Black Sabbath and Judas Priest and Deep Purple are the roots of metal, and while I don't love Black Sabbath's early stuff like everyone else, I do appreciate them and what they did for metal. This really, did nothing for metal and was quite mediocre. Therefore, I will maintain my statement that this does not deserve to be a classic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:36 pm 
EVen though I am not a big fan of Ozzy's solo stuff, this album is definitely a classic in the heavy metal world, and I think Aleksie did a superb job writing up a review of it. Well done.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:40 pm 
Offline
Karma Whore
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 3207
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
This is nowhere near a classic.


Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal


look eyeball boy, i think this is a great album but it is not a pillar in the founding of metal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:47 pm 
Fingon wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
This is nowhere near a classic.


Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal


look eyeball boy, i think this is a great album but it is not a pillar in the founding of metal.


Two words.........Randy Rhoads.....ask any metal guitarist about him and what he meant to heavy metal even today.....if that ain't a pillar.....I don't know what is........


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:11 am 
The Evil Eye wrote:
Fingon wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
This is nowhere near a classic.


Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal


look eyeball boy, i think this is a great album but it is not a pillar in the founding of metal.


Two words.........Randy Rhoads.....ask any metal guitarist about him and what he meant to heavy metal even today.....if that ain't a pillar.....I don't know what is........


sorry but, even if what you said is not absolutely wrong it's not right either.... :twisted:

If what you said was right, then, the two first Quiet Riot albums and Diary Of A Madman would be classics too and they sure aren't... so, I would say that not only Randy makes that album an unbelievable success, the high quality of the songs (and that includes Ozzy's melodies) is , imo, a reason that comes before anything else including Mr Rhoads' performance... that doesn't say he is not a very influencial instrumentist (he is !)... that stays Blizzard of Ozz could have been just as good with Jake E.Lee or Zakk Wylde... :roll:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:05 am 
T.I.E. wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Fingon wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
This is nowhere near a classic.


Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal


look eyeball boy, i think this is a great album but it is not a pillar in the founding of metal.


Two words.........Randy Rhoads.....ask any metal guitarist about him and what he meant to heavy metal even today.....if that ain't a pillar.....I don't know what is........


sorry but, even if what you said is not absolutely wrong it's not right either.... :twisted:

If what you said was right, then, the two first Quiet Riot albums and Diary Of A Madman would be classics too and they sure aren't... so, I would say that not only Randy makes that album an unbelievable success, the high quality of the songs (and that includes Ozzy's melodies) is , imo, a reason that comes before anything else including Mr Rhoads' performance... that doesn't say he is not a very influencial instrumentist (he is !)... that stays Blizzard of Ozz could have been just as good with Jake E.Lee or Zakk Wylde... :roll:


No way......Blizzard of Ozz is what it is because of Randy Rhoads..He wrote all of the riffs to the songs. Without him, there wouldn't be the Blizzard Of Ozz album that we have today. Although the melodies to the songs might have been similar in some instances, it just wouldn't be the same. Ozzy was so washed up by then that Randy, Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake wrote much of the material. Zakk Wylde is a great guitarist and so is Jake E. Lee but neither could've ever produced a guitar performance like Randy's on the Blizzard Of Ozz album, both from a compositional standpoint as well as playing ability and bothof them would be the first ones to agree with that.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:04 am 
The Evil Eye wrote:
T.I.E. wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Fingon wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
This is nowhere near a classic.


Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal


look eyeball boy, i think this is a great album but it is not a pillar in the founding of metal.


Two words.........Randy Rhoads.....ask any metal guitarist about him and what he meant to heavy metal even today.....if that ain't a pillar.....I don't know what is........


sorry but, even if what you said is not absolutely wrong it's not right either.... :twisted:

If what you said was right, then, the two first Quiet Riot albums and Diary Of A Madman would be classics too and they sure aren't... so, I would say that not only Randy makes that album an unbelievable success, the high quality of the songs (and that includes Ozzy's melodies) is , imo, a reason that comes before anything else including Mr Rhoads' performance... that doesn't say he is not a very influencial instrumentist (he is !)... that stays Blizzard of Ozz could have been just as good with Jake E.Lee or Zakk Wylde... :roll:


No way......Blizzard of Ozz is what it is because of Randy Rhoads..He wrote all of the riffs to the songs. Without him, there wouldn't be the Blizzard Of Ozz album that we have today. Although the melodies to the songs might have been similar in some instances, it just wouldn't be the same. Ozzy was so washed up by then that Randy, Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake wrote much of the material. Zakk Wylde is a great guitarist and so is Jake E. Lee but neither could've ever produced a guitar performance like Randy's on the Blizzard Of Ozz album, both from a compositional standpoint as well as playing ability and bothof them would be the first ones to agree with that.


first, as you've said Daisley & Kerslake were part of the composition process which takes off Mr Rhoads' Grandeur... then, Ozzy's vocals melodies are a real part of this album's enjoyment... sure Ozzy was washed up then but that never stopped him from finding great melodies...

then, I've seen Ozzy on the No More Tears Tour in 91 or 92 (old memories, sorry...) and Zakk played Randy's guitar parts at the identical (that specially amazed me on Mr Crowley lead parts)

I think Rhoads was just one (and a brilliant one) of a great team Sharon managed to put together for Ozzy... so we might as well thank Mrs Osbourne for such a sweet album ! :P


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:30 pm 
Offline
Einherjar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:49 pm
Posts: 2507
Location: Michigan
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
This is nowhere near a classic.


Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal


THis is a classic, but honestly, of all the fucking classics they had to choose from, they picked this one. Goddamnit. This album...and even Ozzy Osbourne is so played out. And as far as classics go this is at the bottom of the totem pole. All it did was spawn a generation of posers that think that Ozzy is the father of metal, and that he was Sabbath's only lead singer.

I think this is a very poor choice for a review. My respect for this site and its choices is ever dwindling. WHo the fuck gave the "go ahead" for the Unicorn review. This is simply awful. Its either played out commercially succesful metal, or wimpy fairy metal. There's a heavy dose of swedish shit and fake black metal too. it seems time is not being taken to search for quality metal acts, so they have to fall back on something like Ozzy Osbourne for inspiration.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:04 pm 
Offline
Metal Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:58 pm
Posts: 477
Location: Netherlands
Holy_Terror wrote:
The Evil Eye wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
This is nowhere near a classic.


Then you don't even deserve to be posting here as it plainly shows that you have no appreciation for the roots of metal


THis is a classic, but honestly, of all the fucking classics they had to choose from, they picked this one. Goddamnit. This album...and even Ozzy Osbourne is so played out. And as far as classics go this is at the bottom of the totem pole. All it did was spawn a generation of posers that think that Ozzy is the father of metal, and that he was Sabbath's only lead singer.

I think this is a very poor choice for a review. My respect for this site and its choices is ever dwindling. WHo the fuck gave the "go ahead" for the Unicorn review. This is simply awful. Its either played out commercially succesful metal, or wimpy fairy metal. There's a heavy dose of swedish shit and fake black metal too. it seems time is not being taken to search for quality metal acts, so they have to fall back on something like Ozzy Osbourne for inspiration.


So what classics should be reviewed asap?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:24 pm 
Quote:
If you tried to read this you're a complete idiot


:lol:

good one son ! I've been OWN3D ! :oops:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:38 pm 
Offline
Metal Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:58 pm
Posts: 477
Location: Netherlands
T.I.E. wrote:
Quote:
If you tried to read this you're a complete idiot


:lol:

good one son ! I've been OWN3D ! :oops:
:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group