Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:15 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
Author Message
 Post subject: Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King (#2792)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:42 am 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Image
Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King
Traditional Metal
Quoted: Classic


Click here to see the review.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:12 pm 
Offline
Metal Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:23 pm
Posts: 558
Location: In The Shadow Of The Horns
Excellent axemanship... though I don't consider Oliva's work "wankery" at all.
He was one of the best, RIP!
V.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:34 pm 
Offline
Karma Whore
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:56 pm
Posts: 3561
I love this album. Great choice for a classic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:35 pm 
Offline
MetalReviews Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:53 pm
Posts: 580
Location: New York
This is a 100!!! No doubt one of their best. Great comeback after the somewhat disappointing "Fight For The Rock", though I like that one too! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:11 pm 
Offline
Einherjar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:49 pm
Posts: 2507
Location: Michigan
This is a pretty good album, Savatage is one of those bands that is good, but not great.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:45 pm 
Offline
MetalReviews Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:10 pm
Posts: 2007
Location: My sickbed.
Holy crap, I have to pick this one up. Grieg is one of my favorites, and "Hall of the Mountain King" is one of the most fun pieces to play I've ever encountered.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:46 pm 
Offline
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:23 am
Posts: 1025
Holy_Terror wrote:
This is a pretty good album, Savatage is one of those bands that is good, but not great.


right, whatever. they had 3 albums in a row that are close to perfect and are absolute classics.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:50 pm 
Savatage kicks ass! and so does this album! :twisted:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:37 pm 
Offline
Einherjar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:49 pm
Posts: 2507
Location: Michigan
I thought they were only mediocre....the fact that you think they are perfect speaks volumes on your inadequate heavy metal intellect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:48 pm 
Offline
MetalReviews Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:41 am
Posts: 3731
Location: Veldhoven - The Netherlands
Holy_Terror wrote:
I thought they were only mediocre....the fact that you think they are perfect speaks volumes on your inadequate heavy metal intellect.

Dude, I wouldn't know what to do without your taste-bash posts man, they are fucking awesome. I'm looking forward to the time when some half assed fag that thinks he knows shit about BM shows up for me to do the same 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:40 am 
Offline
Metal Slave

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 73
This album is a favorite of mine, and probably my second favorite Savatage album right after Streets: A Rock Opera, and right before Dead Winter Dead and Gutter Ballet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:36 am 
Offline
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:23 am
Posts: 1025
Holy_Terror wrote:
I thought they were only mediocre....the fact that you think they are perfect speaks volumes on your inadequate heavy metal intellect.


no, you thinking they are mediocre speaks for your cluelessness in music.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:46 am 
To Holy_Terror,

I would just love it if maybe you never posted anything in the forum under my reviews again, you never have anything good to say about anything, unless the person is agreeing with you. As for you thinking that Savatage is mediocre, you are sorely mistaken, and I believe that I speak for most everyone in this thread right now when I say that Savatage is one of the best bands in the traditional vein of metal to come out of the 80's. Everyone is indeed entitled to their his/her opinion, but for you to shove yours down everyone elses throat, when they disagree with you, is something you are not entitled to.

Brent


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:53 am 
Offline
Einherjar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:49 pm
Posts: 2507
Location: Michigan
Brent, donn't worry I wont, your review wasnt that good anyway. But you're wrong when you say I try to shove my opinion down peoples throats. Everyone argues for their opinions, some argue more vehemently then others. All I said was that I thought it was an ok album, then Winter told me that he thought I was wrong, and he said it in a way that I felt was a bit antagonistic due to his other replies to anything I say. As far as Savatage is concerned....they are totally mediocre, and like you said, its an opinion. I happen to find them to be extremely boring and unsatisfying. Gutter Ballet is boring, Hall of the Mountain King is better...but still boring. Handful of Rain...or whatever the fuck its called, totally sucks. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. I've heard a lot of metal (80's metal) to the point where I think I can call myself quite learned in the field. And if I were to look through my catalogue of heavy metal music....I would rank Savatage as being one of the middle of the road bands. There is nothing that sets them apart from other bands. In all honesty, I would rather listen to Thundersteel by Riot, because it is far superior.

Oh one more thing. ITs the fucking internet, I can say whatever the fuck I want about metal on this forum. If you don't like it, then don't put your opinions on an international forum where people are bound to disagree with you.

Now stop being such a pussy and do a Cirith Ungol review.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:57 am 
Offline
Einherjar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:49 pm
Posts: 2507
Location: Michigan
Oh and Gast, I think I've been pretty tolerant of other peoples opinions lately, its just that Winter and I apparently are mortal enemies, so any time I address him, it will have to be in a dismissive.

And since you are a big BM fan, I don't think you can claim to be a non-elitist. So.....thus spake the night spirit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:31 am 
Offline
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:23 am
Posts: 1025
Holy_Terror wrote:
Brent, donn't worry I wont, your review wasnt that good anyway. But you're wrong when you say I try to shove my opinion down peoples throats. Everyone argues for their opinions, some argue more vehemently then others. All I said was that I thought it was an ok album, then Winter told me that he thought I was wrong, and he said it in a way that I felt was a bit antagonistic due to his other replies to anything I say. As far as Savatage is concerned....they are totally mediocre, and like you said, its an opinion. I happen to find them to be extremely boring and unsatisfying. Gutter Ballet is boring, Hall of the Mountain King is better...but still boring. Handful of Rain...or whatever the fuck its called, totally sucks. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. I've heard a lot of metal (80's metal) to the point where I think I can call myself quite learned in the field. And if I were to look through my catalogue of heavy metal music....I would rank Savatage as being one of the middle of the road bands. There is nothing that sets them apart from other bands. In all honesty, I would rather listen to Thundersteel by Riot, because it is far superior.

Oh one more thing. ITs the fucking internet, I can say whatever the fuck I want about metal on this forum. If you don't like it, then don't put your opinions on an international forum where people are bound to disagree with you.

Now stop being such a pussy and do a Cirith Ungol review.


nice way to make yourself look like a complete ignorant arrogant ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:34 am 
WinterIsComing wrote:
nice way to make yourself look like a complete ignorant arrogant ass.


I thought it was a nicely developed and concluded response.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:43 am 
Offline
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:23 am
Posts: 1025
HumanTorch wrote:
WinterIsComing wrote:
nice way to make yourself look like a complete ignorant arrogant ass.


I thought it was a nicely developed and concluded response.


read it again when you are sober.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:47 am 
WinterIsComing wrote:
HumanTorch wrote:
WinterIsComing wrote:
nice way to make yourself look like a complete ignorant arrogant ass.


I thought it was a nicely developed and concluded response.


read it again when you are sober.


not to mention well written.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:43 am 
I knew you would say something more to make yourself look better than everyone else. You truly really are a loser, and it seems to me that your only way to express yourself is to make it seem that you know more about metal than anyone else here, thus giving yourself a much needed self esteem boost. So, you are right, this is the internet, where a lot of unintelligent people make asses of themselves, where no one can see their faces and you seem to be doing a great job of it. Go ahead, say what you want in the future, I shall just scroll down past your meaningless posts, and read to some halfway intelligent statements/opinions of our other readers.

Brent


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group