Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:00 am

Post subject: Metallica - And Justice For All (#1615)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:55 pm 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Metallica - And Justice For All
Heavy Metal
Quoted: CLASSIC

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:43 pm 
First, of all, this is an absolutely disgusting review. ...And Justice for All, IMO, is my favorite Met. album. I find it disappointing that you use your review of the album as a soapbox to mercilessly bash the "current" state of the band and how much you strongly hate the band since they "sold-out", and have "alienated their fans". I believe you should have taken a non-biased look at the album. With all of the lines you used to slam the band, you could have went into a better, more in-depth review of the album. Why is it that many Metallica fans say that they love only the "old" Metallica and hate the "new" Metallica, but when refering to say, for example, bands like Sabbath or Ac/Dc, they just simply say that they like Sabbath or Ac/Dc. Really, the best stuff that those two bands did was their OLD stuff, and I'm not going to hate them for that! So why don't people refer to "old" Sabbath or "old" Ac/Dc? Compare Blow up Your Video with High Voltage. Compare Risk with Rust in Peace. Compare Diabolus In Musica with Reign In Blood. Why is it that those bands are still well loved, even after they made some rather bad musical choices, while Metallica gets hated upon? I'd like to know. if you hate the band so much, than why still listen to them? It seems to me that all it does is conjure up negative feelings. Boo-hoo.

What do you have to say to people who are still fans of the band? I seen the band fairly recently on their current tour, and they were absolutely amazing. The band played with near flawlessness. Justice songs like "One" and "Blackened" were incredible. Maybe most Metallica fans these days dislike their "new" albums, but that doesn't mean that the band still doesn't have that fire and that energy that drove the band. Without a doubt, Load, Reload, and St. Anger are not on par with albums like Ride or Justice, but that doesn't mean i'm going to start to IMMATURELY hate them, and whine and moan. Do I hate Sepultura for putting out nu-metal like Roots? No. Without a doubt, Metallica are in a creative slump, or a dark period (for example, Sabbath have been in the slump since Mob Rules, more than TWO decades!), and I believe some great things musically are still within them (especially when they start recording with Robert).

Overall, I think that this proves that the people who strongly hate Metallica, but "love" their "old" stuff, are extremely confused, immature, ungrateful, whining, little children. Go listen to truly untalented, "true" metal bands like Shadows Fall or whatever else is hot right now, and see where they will be at in 20+ years. In arenas?--Probably more like Wal-Mart bargain bins. It's funny how the haters are the ones that brought them up to the "metal god" status, but then want to bring them down the heap of crap along with Linkin Park and Def leppard. It just doesn't work that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:29 pm 
Svartalfar

I agree with Mr Firemetal ... terrible review of a good album ... if metallica hadn't existed before this album it would have been hailed as an instant classic ... if there is such a thing ...

An album review should be just that ... a review of the album ... not of the band...I got into metallica right from the beginning ... yeah I hate the last album but I don't let it taint my view of the old stuff... I am probably the only person in the world that didn't like the Black album ... but I still rate all the old stuff as A1 ...

I thought justice was a great album ... yeah the production is a bit muddy but it still works on most songs... its not quite so bad on the CD version and overall the sound is still better than Master of puppets ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:12 pm 
Dyer's Eve is my favourite song by Metallica, and also the most underrated song by the band.

Thank you justice. I love you.,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:19 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Loads of people regard this as a major weak link between MOP and TBA, but it actually conatins a large number of my favourite Metallica moments. Even Lars has since said it was a bit crappy. Dunno why, really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:14 pm 
I hope metallica learned their lesson and will get back on track.

I love every metallica CD, some less than others. :lol:

But I love them all and would choose them over most anything.

The first time I heard metallica I was like 10 or 11 and my brother just got the S&M CD, I was amazed to say the least, first metal band I ever heard.

Good review of the CD, but bringing the band state as of now is just foolish.

I'm hoping it is at least, I'm sure their next CD will remind us of the old.

Post subject: In Response To Firemetal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:47 pm 
I think the reason why people make such a big deal of it when Metallica changes with the times is because a lot of metal fans apparently had this trust in Metallica, that they'd never conform to the masses and would eternally play non-commercial thrash metal. THAT JUST MAKES SLAMMING METALLICA ALL THE MORE RIDICULOUS. People DO mellow out with age, and it's to Metallica's credit that they weren't afraid to admit their "mellowing out" on Load and ReLoad. Anybody who grows so emotionally attached to a band and music scene that they feel "betrayed" or a strong sense of hatred for them when they decide to depart from that scene seriously needs to get a day job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:16 pm 
this album was a big disappointment to me when it came out... I've been a Metallica fan since 1983 and in 1988 this album just wasn't up to any of their previous albums...

considering what followed turned out to be worse and worser, untill the crappy St Anger, I say it's a good album... I'll give it 70...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:24 pm 
Einherjar

For once I actually agree with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:05 pm 
Holy_Terror wrote:
For once I actually agree with you.

see, everything can happen ! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:13 am 
Einherjar

70?
You'd give this a 70?

This is their second best album behind Master of Puppets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:10 pm 
yes I give it 70

if you wanna know about my scores of Metallica album, here it is :

Kill'em all : 75
Ride The Lightning : 85
Master Of Puppets : 95
And Justice for all : 70
black album : 60
Load : 55
re-load : 55
st anger : 05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:21 pm 
Metal King

It's so fucking sad that they killed the bass sound on this album, otherwise it would be their greatest album IMO. The songwriting here is unmatched on their previous albums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:25 pm 
December Flower wrote:
It's so fucking sad that they killed the bass sound on this album, otherwise it would be their greatest album IMO. The songwriting here is unmatched on their previous albums.

I really can't agree on this one... first, they killed the drum sound too.... almost as crappy as it is on St Anger... second, there's a few fillers on this one : the shortest straw, to live is to die & even Dyers Eve (not a filler but so not up to Damage Inc !)... anyway, it's a good album & it's a shame we never got to hear Jason playing on this one but even if we did, it wouldn't be up to their 3 previous albums & certainly not up to Master of Puppets ! :twisted:

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:41 pm 
Einherjar

I actually can only tolerate Kill Em All as it is their only true thrash album. The rest until the black album are mediocre power metal. And the black album....geez I can't say enough bad things about metallica from then to the present day. So I'm not going to waste my breath on worthless fucks. They released a movie of them crying like little bitches. Even Lars's father told him not to be a pussy and shelve the movie. What a money grubbing fuck! DIE LARS DIE!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:02 pm 
Holy_Terror wrote:
DIE LARS DIE!!!!

a tad extreme but Lars sure is an ass ! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:17 pm 
Einherjar

I dont find it extreme at all. He makes a mockery of metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:18 pm 
Einherjar

I dont literally wish for his death....just figuratively...I hope he loses all of his money and Metallica folds into obscurity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:21 pm 
Holy_Terror wrote:
I dont literally wish for his death....just figuratively...I hope he loses all of his money and Metallica folds into obscurity.

that I fully agree with... I would be very pleased to see him drumming for a Maiden tribute band (which he can't anyway) :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:30 pm 
The Immortal Emokid wrote:
December Flower wrote:

I really can't agree on this one... first, they killed the drum sound too.... almost as crappy as it is on St Anger... second, there's a few fillers on this one : the shortest straw, to live is to die & even Dyers Eve (so not up to Damage Inc !)... anyway, it's a good album & it's a shame we never got to hear Jason playing on this one but even if we did, it wouldn't be up to their 3 previous albums & certainly not up to Master of Puppets ! :twisted:

How do the drums sound bad?

And most people think Dyers Eve is the most underrated metallica song ever.

Stop putting your dumb ass little emoticons to in every post, it's annoying. I mean, how old are you? I would do that when I was like 13. So I'm guess you're around that age?