Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:19 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:22 pm 
Metal King

Quote:
This album should be in the top 5-7 of Maiden's best albums, for every Maiden fan

Stefan, show me where in this sentence, that i say "true Maiden fan"?

I said every Maiden fan, should have this album as one of their favourites, because the album rocks.

Read things more carefully before you jump the gun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:53 pm 
Karma Whore

Trooper Of Steel wrote:
Quote:
This album should be in the top 5-7 of Maiden's best albums, for every METAL fan

Stefan, show me where in this sentence, that i say "true Maiden fan"?

I said every Maiden fan, should have this album as one of their favourites, because the album rocks.

Read things more carefully before you jump the gun

fixed it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:27 pm 
Einherjar

Stefan wrote:
Trooper Of Steel wrote:
Indeed Piece Of Mind is a classic, but not as good as other classic Maiden early albums (Powerslave, Beast, Iron Maiden).

There are alot of "forgotten" songs on there, such as Quest For Fire, Sun and Steel and To Tame A Land, which are all very good tracks.
I was never a fan of Die With Your Boots On and i have heard a few people say that they prefered the Sonata Arctica version of the song. Revelations is another track which i'm not a big fan of, but Where Eagles Dare is good.
Easily the best two tracks are Flight Of Icarus and The Trooper.

This album should be in the top 5-7 of Maiden's best albums, for every Maiden fan.

and that's bullshit ! :evil:

1.Piece of Mind
    1.Killers
    3.Iron Maiden
    3.Number of the Beast
    5.Somewhere in Time
    6.Powerslave
    7. Seventh Son
and that's for me as I would never say "every maiden fan blah blah blah blah bullshit etc..." :roll:

NP
John Zorn "Filmworks VIII - 1997"
(wOOt ! this is great... and very melodic too ! :D )

1. Powerslave
2.Piece of Mind
3. 7th son of a 7th son
4. number of the beast
5. somewhere in time
6. killers
7. iron maiden

everybody has their own different taste. i wont argue on whose best seven is accurate, because maiden has always been about the fans and not everyone shares the same feelings. i'm sure out there are people who enjoy the x-factor and virtual xi more than any other maiden album.

but somehow i still cant understand why is revelations an underrated song? it's a great track seriously. and i'm very disappointed with maiden with death on the road. these classics were not included...2 minutes to midnite, powerslave, aces high.....

i guess im gonna stick with live after death as my best maiden concert. plus it has rime of the ancient mariner!:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:05 am 
Metal Lord

This was actually the first maiden album I heard. 'Where Eagles Dare' is still my favourite Maiden song :D (ive only got this and Seventh son.... though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:16 am 
Caldogg wrote:
This was actually the first maiden album I heard. 'Where Eagles Dare' is still my favourite Maiden song :D (ive only got this and Seventh son.... though)

you should have the whole first 7 albums kiddo ! :roll: the first two have a little punk edge that gives 'em a special taste... the rest, since you know 7th Son & Piece of Mind is more like the Maiden you already know... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:36 am 
Sailor Man

Hey stefan how do you make all those pictures go in sequence in your avatar??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:44 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

Caldogg wrote:

My God :shock: . get Powerslave, Iron Maiden, Killers, Somewhere in Time and Number of the Beast right now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:07 am 
Metal Lord

Quote:
the first two have a little punk edge that gives 'em a special taste...

Those first two are definately special, probably my favorite ones. I can't get into Piece of Mind at all, unfortunately. I take Trooper....that's about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:38 pm 
Einherjar

probably the heaviest maiden album i've come across. really insane stuff. well it was stuff like the trooper, where eagles dare (absolutely amazing) that got me into maiden. but after some time i was so into 'revelations'. it's probably the best song for me on that album. it's not typical maiden as it's slower than their signatures. but it was this difference that made me like the song a lot. plus, the way bruce sang it was really amazing. he sang like it was the opera. as for the riffs, drums and bass, pretty decent. nevertheless, the riff before the verse (A A F F G G A A AG) is probably the simplest metal riff so far, yet it was simply awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:00 pm 
Svartalfar

I don't know if it's my favorite Maiden album, but i just love it.
With the exception of Quest for Fire and Sun and Steel, all other songs are true Masterpieces to me. I don't think those two are bad songs, because i like both of them very much, but it's kinda the same thing as Gangland on TNOTB, i just don't feel the same vibe as the rest of the album...although i like these two much more than Gangland.
Well....other thing i love about this album is the sound of the guitars. They sound amazing imo, i just love it. Also listen to Cross-Eyed Mary, the jethrotull Cover...it has the same sound and that cover it's simply amazing.
Well...i don't like to list my favorite Maiden Albums, cos sometimes i love one album , and other times i love another one, but im sure this is a top3 for sure for me.
BTW, To Tame a Land is one of the best Maiden songs. Is a Masterpiece inside the Masterpieces of Iron Maiden songs.