Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:11 pm 
Metal King

The Immortal Emokid wrote:
if sin/pecado (a fine album btw, i'll give it 70/100) is a classic, then, this is too :
:lol:

Best album cover ever :P

By the way, this deserves class ic status even less than Marduk - Heaven shall Burn imo...If Moonspell ever made a classic, it has to be Wolfheart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:28 pm 
I don't find this CD to be a classic either. Wolfheart is far better in my opinion and there's only one song that has some black metal tendencies but that's about it. I would rate Wolfheart 95/100 and this in the high 70's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:28 pm 
Einherjar

this is not a classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:52 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Agreed that this isn't a classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:21 pm 
Metal Servant

I do think this album is a classic and it's one of my favourites...It has nothing to do with Wolfheart, it's more melodic, more gothic/keyboards oriented, and the musics are very beautiful, they are "erotic" in the real sense of the word...warm musics...but, I'm Portuguese (by the way Jack nice analogie with the corpse paints and the heat...ahahaha) and I am a suspect....lolol!!!

But if you compare this album with Under The Moonspell, Wolfheart, Irreligious, The Butterfly Efect, Darkness & Hope and The Antidote, then you all don't really like Moonspell... :twisted:

PS- Jack, You call this style erotic and you didn't like the most erotic song in the album... Eurotica...... (great song)

Post subject: Classic? Where are you, buddy?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:41 am 
:shock: [color=red][/color]

Post subject: Classic? Where are you, buddy?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:42 am 
:shock: [color=red][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:26 pm 
Metal Slave

What defines classic?
To me is something that leaves a mark through time, afecting several generacions.

Thus, this can never be a classic. All albuns of moonspell before this one, and even after this one, left a deeper mark (afected much more people). This one only brought more people to the moonspell fan base.

Comparig the albuns of this band, this one left the smaller mark of all. And making a transicion in sound in the same band, can't be consider a mark that holds through time. Only if it afects several olther bands creating a independent "movement". The moonspell Movement changed in itself (In terms of Sound), not for others to move around it.

This albuns doesn't moved enough people to be consider a classic, and musically it didn't last (it was a change, didn't stoped there). Classic tend to stand much more in time and style.

That´s how I see it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:37 pm 
Metal Servant

SIN/Pecado is :

- Original
- Amazing
- Different

But, I don't think that it's a classic album at all (even if I am a big Moonspell fan and that SIN/Pecado is my personal favorite). I really enjoy it but, IMO, Wolfheart is their classic while The Antidote is their best album so far, muscially speaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:17 am 
Einherjar

Holy_Terror wrote:
this is not a classic.

Yeah but you would make bullshit by Exicter or Holy Terror a classic so it is def in the eye of the beholder what is a classic or what isn't...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:26 am 
leee wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:
this is not a classic.

Yeah but you would make bullshit by Exicter or Holy Terror a classic so it is def in the eye of the beholder what is a classic or what isn't...........

This isn't a classic. I think a classic album has to be more than just a great album. If it were based simply on the quality of music then there would be ten million classics out there. A classic album has to not only be great musically but it also has to impact the music world in a very influential way; it has be an album that changes the music world in an identifiable way.

Sin/Pecado, while a great album, is not a classic. Nor is Wolfheart. If Moonspell has a classic album it is Irreligious. That is the album the shook the music world, or at least Moonspell's little corner of it.

Last edited by Eyesore on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:50 am 
Einherjar

Eyesore wrote:
leee wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:
this is not a classic.

This isn't a classic. I think a classic album has to be more than just a great album. If it were based simply on the quality of music then there would be ten million classics out there. A classic album has to not only be great musically but it also has to impact the music world in a very influential way; it has be an album that changes the music world in an identifiable way.

Sin/Pecado, while a great album, is not a classic. Nor is Wolfheart. If Moonspell has a classic album it is Irreligious. That is the album the shook the music world, or at least Moonspell's little corner of it.

Not saying this is. You know what I am not really a huge irreligious fan either, I dig it, but this and Butterfly FX are better, so is the Antidote.

I was listining to Wolfheart a lot last week and really digging it more then I ever dead. Erotic Alchemy is such a bad ass song.

You blew it by missing them live on this tour, they serious kicked so much as and played a ton of shit off of Wolfheart, plus Butterfly FX and Carpicon and Everything Divided live were just fucking jaw dropping. Excellant live bands, most thrash bands and other ths call themselve true heavy metal WISH they could be HALF as good as these guys live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:17 am 
Every band plays in fucking Worcester now! They don't play Boston anymore! It sucks. Worcester is a fucking pain to get to. I have to come from the north, go south, then back north, the south again, all in some retarded roundabout way just to see a show! And most of the bands play weeknights! It's fucking lame.

Had these dudes played Boston I'd have been there in a second. That's a 20 minute drive/train ride. Worcester is like 2 hours away even though it should only be 30 minutes away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:03 pm 
Einherjar

Eyesore wrote:
Every band plays in fucking Worcester now! They don't play Boston anymore! It sucks. Worcester is a fucking pain to get to. I have to come from the north, go south, then back north, the south again, all in some retarded roundabout way just to see a show! And most of the bands play weeknights! It's fucking lame.

Had these dudes played Boston I'd have been there in a second. That's a 20 minute drive/train ride. Worcester is like 2 hours away even though it should only be 30 minutes away.

Yeah I met 3 people from this other site I post at, at the show. They are all from back east but moved out here and told me the same thing that there are no Metal shows in Boston anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:28 pm 
leee wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yeah I met 3 people from this other site I post at, at the show. They are all from back east but moved out here and told me the same thing that there are no Metal shows in Boston anymore.

I don't know why, there's plenty of venues! There's something about the Worcester Palladium that has just made it "the" metal tour stop. It's weird. Maybe Boston has gone emo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:31 pm 
Wow. You see how Marco is playing that bass line during the verses? Weird. He's strumming! :huh: