Quote:
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Traditional Metal
Quoted: CLASSIC

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:40 pm 
Einherjar

Ah yes, one of the most masterful heavy metal releases of all time. Hard to beat this one. This is better than %99.2 of all heavy metal ever recorded. The Joan Baez cover "Diamonds and Rust" is one of the most masterful covers ever recorded. Every song on this albumis a fucking masterpiece. From Sinner to Call for the Priest, just pure awesome. Can't say enough abot it, on my eternal playlist. Edguy and Dragonforce's greatest hits combined cannot match the quality of even 30 seconds of his album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:13 pm 
Karma Whore

I do love this album, but I'm not going to completely suck its cock. Sinner, Starbreaker, Let us Pray/Call For the Priest, Dissident Aggressor= Complete classics. Diamonds and Rust is pretty sweet also. But Raw Deal is an average and forgettable song, and Last Rose of Summer and Here Come the Tears are two of the worst Priest ballads out there. So I give this one around an 80- some awesome songs, but not as good and consistent as what came before and what comes after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:19 pm 
Einherjar

Brahm_K wrote:
I do love this album, but I'm not going to completely suck its cock. Sinner, Starbreaker, Let us Pray/Call For the Priest, Dissident Aggressor= Complete classics. Diamonds and Rust is pretty sweet also. But Raw Deal is an average and forgettable song, and Last Rose of Summer and Here Come the Tears are two of the worst Priest ballads out there. So I give this one around an 80- some awesome songs, but not as good and consistent as what came before and what comes after.

That. A pure classic, but has its flaws. I only disagree in Diamonds & dust being pretty sweet, it deserves to be in the complete classic list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 pm 
Ist Krieg

I love Raw Deal. An amazing album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:33 am 
The Commish

:dio:

70s Priest, for the most part, is untouchable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:11 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

i havent heard the album, but after listening to Unleashed in he East and hearing their live rendition of Diamonds and Rust it has to be nothing less then a classic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:22 am 
Metal King

I haven't given this album a fair amount of listens. I am going to go against the tide here and say Sinner is one of the most annoying tracks I have ever listened to. Great soloing though. Tipton and Downing are one of the most overlooked guitarists in metal. I have listened to this album just a couple of times, but from what I heard, Painkiller is still a personal fav and Priest's best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:30 am 
Einherjar

Annoying huh? Can't understand why you would think that, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:36 am 
Einherjar

I love this album. Diamonds and Rust and Dissident Aggressor are probably my two favorite tracks from this one. Rob Halford is made of win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:14 am 
Ist Krieg

Good album but I don't listen to it that much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:52 am 
Karma Whore

This is the most underrated of the JP 70's albums true indeed a classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 am 
Ist Krieg

MetalStorm wrote:
This is the most underrated of the JP 70's albums true indeed a classic.

Indeed, most underrated, but I agree with my man Brahm that it isn't entirely consistent. Chock-full of classic tracks though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:57 pm 
Karma Whore

Pretty much agree with what everyone said, its a classic album, not perfect but with a lot of win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:51 pm 
Metal Slave

Usually when Judas Priest comes to mind I don't really think about this album, it has somehow managed to slip my mind, but after I read this review i listened to the whole thing, and all I can say is wow. I don't think I've ever listened through the whole album and given it the attention it deserves but I sort of fell in love with it today. Rob Halford's voice is so damn amazing..

:dio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:47 pm 
Metal King

Part of the reason I like 70's priest is the complexity, which of course was heavily dependant upon the technical ability of the drummer. It's really one of the most noticeable differences between 70s priest and 80s priest. I suppose Dave was hired to fit a deliberate change in songwriting style, but it's something that should be mentioned nonetheless.

Anyways .. I love this album, even Here Come the Tears which is a magnificently dark ballad and foreshadows From Beyond the Realms of Death. Unleashed in the East showcased how good Sinner and Starbreaker really were, which like much of this disc, suffers from a thin and somewhat dated sound. The remaster has improved things, but where other versions of songs exist, I prefer those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:19 am 
Ist Krieg

GeneralDiomedes wrote:
Part of the reason I like 70's priest is the complexity, which of course was heavily dependant upon the technical ability of the drummer. It's really one of the most noticeable differences between 70s priest and 80s priest. I suppose Dave was hired to fit a deliberate change in songwriting style, but it's something that should be mentioned nonetheless.

Yes. I can't think of another instance of a band firing someone because they wanted an inferior musican in place.