Quote:
Paradise Lost - In Requiem
Gothic Metal
Quoted: 79 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:24 pm 
Ist Krieg

I think that this album is a lot better than this review makes it sound. In Requiem is a step back to DT and Icon but not in a slight way like the review makes it sound.

This album is great and is one of my favorites this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:03 pm 
traptunderice wrote:
I think that this album is a lot better than this review makes it sound. In Requiem is a step back to DT and Icon but not in a slight way like the review makes it sound.

This album is great and is one of my favorites this year.

I don't think I make it out to sound like a slight return. I only point out about 4 times in the review the similarities between In Requiem and Icon/Draconian Times. So it wasn't my intention to imply it's "slight", but as I pointed out it's a natural successor to Draconian Times, which implies there are many similarities but also a few slight differences and evolutions.

I stand by the score though. As good as some songs were, there were enough I was indifferent to to score it just shy of outstanding. 79 is still a high score.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:16 am 
Svartalfar

well this album is growing and gowing everytime you listen to it

it's different than Symbol of Life and very close to what they did on Paradise Lost

it's definitely my fave album since the duo Icon/DT and I think it deserves a better score, arount 90

just my opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:54 am 
Svartalfar

i think this is an excellent album , from an outstanding band.
people should stop trying to categorize PL, and just listen to the music they put out.
Sometimes its heavy, sometimes its electronic, but it is always top quality, and emotional.

Great album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:27 pm 
oranje wrote:
i think this is an excellent album , from an outstanding band.
people should stop trying to categorize PL, and just listen to the music they put out.
Sometimes its heavy, sometimes its electronic, but it is always top quality, and emotional.

Great album.

That depends on your taste of music. I know a lot of people who really liked the electronic stuff and that's fine, it was good for what it is, but due to my personal tastes I'd much rather listen to what they're doing now then say on Host or Believe. I think most of the general metal populace was split between the validity of their post One Second material... peopled seemed to hate it or thought it was great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:37 am 
Metal King

Criminally low score on this review, seriously. There are a TON of big chunky goth hooks on this album. I put it around 90.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:47 am 
I live with my parents!

GeneralDiomedes wrote:
Criminally low score on this review, seriously. There are a TON of big chunky goth hooks on this album. I put it around 90.

I would score it just a little lower, maybe a 85-87. This album as you have said is full of great songs and melodies which are classic Paradise Lost, Stylistically speaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 am 
Metal King

Yes, it's a great effort. It takes me back to my teenage years, when I was listening heavily to Icon, it literally makes me remeber those days and the way I felt back then. It's probably because of those surreal leads and the solemnity of the vocal melodies. Too bad that Faith Divides Us follow-up didn't manage to sustain the same level of quality. PL are really great when they're on fire, but it's a shame they're so damn inconstant.

In fact, this thread made me crave for this album right now, np: Never For The Damned - yeah, this is excellent stuff :dio: