Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:23 pm 
Metal King

Great cover art. Shame i'm not into whigger metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:28 pm 
Jürgen wrote:
Great cover art. Shame i'm not into whigger metal.

ha ha.. yeah.. it does look kinda black metallish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:43 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

following the reaper wrote:
Adam wrote:
noodles wrote:
Yeah I didn't think that post would be very popular :unsure:

Dude, it's really starting to look like you take the opposing view just for the sake of doing it. I haven't heard this album yet, so I can't agree or disagree with your opinion. All I know is, you can set your watch to the following chain of events:

1. An album is released that receives numerous comments of praise from a wide variety of posters here (i.e. the new Amon Amarth, this album).

2. noodles will make a post in the same thread about how the album is vastly overrated and take a veiled shot at those who like it (i.e. "it sounds like metal by numbers", "this has been done before", or "this album is boring").

Seriously, have you EVER liked an album that was widely loved by the metal community? Just curious. If you really don't like it, that's fine, but I can't help but think that you just make these posts to get a rise out of people for your own enjoyment. If that's true, grow the hell up...please. If not, carry on I guess.

He likes tool. And whats wrong with liking music that no one else likes? Noodles just has a lot of black in his sheep.

Thanks for completely missing the point of my post, genius. I really don't give a good fuck whether or not he likes music no one else likes. There is nothing wrong with that. What I said is that it seems like he purposely says these comments about popular albums strictly to get a rise out of people. Once again, I haven't heard this album yet, so I can't disagree with his opinion. And don't give me that black sheep shit, we're all black sheep, we listen to metal for fuck's sake! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:36 am 
Ist Krieg

I don't do it on purpose, I think I just listen for different things in music than a lot of metalheads and I suck at stating my dislike of an album :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:57 am 
noodles wrote:
I don't do it on purpose, I think I just listen for different things in music than a lot of metalheads and I suck at stating my dislike of an album :P

Your problem is that you don't listen enough to justify your comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:43 am 
Metal Slave

I cant wait to get this album. I loved Burn My Eyes and Through The Ashes of Empires and I really liked most of The More Things Change...I am gonna pick it up later today if its at my local FYE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:23 pm 
Einherjar

Whoah, there's a new Machine Head?

And from your comments, it would seem that I'll enjoy it 'cuz I enjoyed Burn My Eyes/The More Things Change/Ashes?

Cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:45 pm 
Dead Machine wrote:
Whoah, there's a new Machine Head?

And from your comments, it would seem that I'll enjoy it 'cuz I enjoyed Burn My Eyes/The More Things Change/Ashes?

Cool.

You'll love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:14 am 
MetalReviews Staff

I listened to some of the songs from this album because of all the praise it gets. I am not too impressed, I don't hang out with 12 year olds so I can't see why I should listen to their music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:48 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

my favourite song was "clenching..." the others were kinda slow (overall that is, there many fast moments).

the singing is solid and the melodies are great, but after listening to a song like "Clenching" i'm left wishing for more songs like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:37 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Misha wrote:
I listened to some of the songs from this album because of all the praise it gets. I am not too impressed, I don't hang out with 12 year olds so I can't see why I should listen to their music.

This would be another example of ken-baiting in action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:24 pm 
Adam wrote:
Misha wrote:

This would be another example of ken-baiting in action.

ken bait·ing:
v.

1. utterly senseless or foolish behavior; a stupid or foolish act, statement, etc.
2. Psychology. the state of being an idiot.
3. incapable of producing any result; ineffective; useless; not successful.
4. destined to lose; failure imminent.
5. likes cock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:18 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Sounds like Ken-ing you described there pal. But I'm dead serious about my opinion.

EDIT: Oh, you forgot one thing with the Ken-ing list:
6. The disability to face one's own mistakes and the ubiquitous arrogance of always being right.

Last edited by Misha on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:05 pm 
Even though I knew of them because I like Vio-lence, I had never listened to this band. So I thought I'd give this album a spin with the high score and all the comments here...

Meh. I suppose maybe this is really good in comparison to what similarly styled albums have to offer, but this just is not my thing. Not at all. :zzz:

10 points for the cover art. Minus 20 for using it on this album. :wink:

-Tyrion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:09 pm 
Misha wrote:
Sounds like Ken-ing you described there pal. But I'm dead serious about my opinion.

EDIT: Oh, you forgot one thing with the Ken-ing list:
6. The disability to face one's own mistakes and the ubiquitous arrogance of always being right.

You're in denial son. I've apologized for many things on this forum. And when you're always wrong (i.e. you), you can't run around pointing the finger at someone else shouting, "Well, you think you're always right!" In the end, you're still wrong.

And gay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:03 pm 
Metal Fighter

Just wanted to tune in and say...album of the motherfucking year! I highly doubt I'll hear anything better than this one released this year.

Ken wrote:
The bottom line is this: If you're not a fan of Machine Head, don't bother with this album; it's not going to change your mind.

I gotta disagree with this statement, I actually did not care for this band at all prior to hearing this album. The fact that Vio-lence is not just one of my favorite thrash bands, but one of my favorite bands PERIOD probably served only to fuel my disliking of MH. Somehow though I just decided to give this one a chance and the first time I found it utterly boring just like the rest of their stuff, but it's grown on me hugely over the past few weeks. This album is all killer, no filler and has definitely convinced me to give their earlier stuff a second chance. Even after about ten spins I don't quite feel everything has sunk in yet, so I'm reserving judgement a bit here, but the overall rating will certainly end up somewhere in the 90's (and my scale is fucking ungenerous), I'm sure.

WAAAAAAR!!! CLENCHING THE FISTS OF DISSENT!!! LIIIIES!!! CLENCHING THE FISTS OF DISSENT!!!

(btw anyone notice that middle lead play in Aesthetics of Hate sounding much like the song Forbidden Evil? I wonder if Robb Flynn wrote it for Forbidden and simply reused it in MH)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:11 pm 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

the fast songs on this one rule, but the other ones are boring. machine head don't seem able to write a slow song that doesn't sound like one giant intro.