Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:55 pm

Post subject: Olympos Mons - Conquistador (#2524)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:49 am 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Olympos Mons - Conquistador
Melodic Power Metal
Quoted: 72 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:51 am 
Metal Fighter

This albums was GREAT!! I really liked it! \m/

Reminds me of Galloglass in many ways...

But I'm just disappointed that no one has post any messages to this :( ...This is not just any other power band out there, this is one of the better ones and should be invested upon. If you're gonna buy just one album for X-mas then this should be it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:58 am 
Metal Lord

I like it as well, but I like most albums on the limb-music label being a power metal fan for the most part. I think the songwriting is well done, tho maybe a few cliche moments, but it is a good album!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:30 pm 
MetalKnight wrote:
This albums was GREAT!! I really liked it! \m/

Reminds me of Galloglass in many ways...

But I'm just disappointed that no one has post any messages to this :( ...This is not just any other power band out there, this is one of the better ones and should be invested upon. If you're gonna buy just one album for X-mas then this should be it! :D

just got a copy of this album & it's pretty cool... very cliché indeed but with good compositions and lots of cheesy lyrics & synths... the band needs improvements (vocals can be better, the cheesy keyboards sound MUST be eliminated & should be replaced with good old vintage synth & organ sounds)... the need to mature (but can a power metal mature ?)
overall, it's good power metal & another band follow...

I'll give it 60/100 (Good, not Very Good)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:19 pm 
8) I'd say Olympos Mons debut album is perhaps the best cd of 2004.

It has everything for me. I love every track and for fans of Edguy, Gamma Ray , Stratovarius at their best this is an essential purchase.

The production is superb and we have yet another member of the Finnish melodic power metal club. Great clean vocals.

The use of strings, harps and even bagpipes make this a brilliant example of bombastic power metal. The guitars are both melodic and aggressive too.

100/100 for me. Buy it !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:46 pm 
nightman wrote:
8) I'd say Olympos Mons debut album is perhaps the best cd of 2004.

It has everything for me. I love every track and for fans of Edguy, Gamma Ray , Stratovarius at their best this is an essential purchase.

The production is superb and we have yet another member of the Finnish melodic power metal club. Great clean vocals.

The use of strings, harps and even bagpipes make this a brilliant example of bombastic power metal. The guitars are both melodic and aggressive too.

100/100 for me. Buy it !

I've got this album too and, you're right, it sounds pretty good. though, it's not as good as you say it is, it needs more skills of compositions and less cheesy arrangements... I'll give it 65/100 (better than any Edguy album ! :twisted: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:34 am 
Isn't that the name of the highest mountain on Mars? I think it is... Almost a reason alone to buy it as a collector's item :) And if it reminds you about Galloglass it's yet another reason to buy it! YAY! \o/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:07 am 
Svartalfar

I love this one. Galloglass was decent, but I had to put it away after only three listens. This album is more consistent, and the killer tracks are as good as anything any power metal band is putting out.

With Limb, you'll almost always get quality, but for some reason they don't get the best except for Rhapsody and Luca Turilli.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:24 pm 
Metal Fighter

This has been wrongly buried in my collection for a long time. Half of the songs sound similar to the stereotypes of the usual suspects but in no way worse. Some songs gain profile by the use of unsual raw and aggressive riffing, uncommon instrumentation / key programming (bagpipes, harp, whistle, sitar), or oriental coloured harmonics. Not very innovative like most PM, but very good unlike most PM.