Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:43 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Power Quest - Magic Never Dies (#2944)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:17 pm 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Image
Power Quest - Magic Never Dies
Speedy / Melodic Power Metal
Quoted: 80 / 100


Click here to see the review.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:21 pm 
Offline
Ist Krieg
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:24 am
Posts: 8992
Location: Husker Nation
Yes. Nice review Marty. You said it the best man. THey are not following any trends. Happy melodic fast metal is what PowerQuest is all about. I absolutley love this band. 85/100 for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:12 pm 
Offline
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:18 pm
Posts: 997
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Average band. Almost too light even for my taste. It feels like they're holding back on pretty much every song I've heard. In this genre, I take a load of bands over PQ any day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:15 pm 
Offline
Metal King

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:22 pm
Posts: 1343
Location: BUL
December Flower wrote:
Average band. Almost too light even for my taste. It feels like they're holding back on pretty much every song I've heard. In this genre, I take a load of bands over PQ any day.


Pretty much my feeling on this band as well.All has been said on the PQ thread anyway and December Flower sums it all up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:59 pm 
Offline
Ist Krieg
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:24 am
Posts: 8992
Location: Husker Nation
PAH!!!!

As Zad would say, "Rubbish."

This is one of my all time favorite bands. Happy yes. Fast yes. Talented yes. And catchy? You better fucking believe it.

But, everybody hears things different.




















Power Quest is awesome, Power Quest is awesome, Power Quest is awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:36 pm 
Offline
Svartalfar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:40 am
Posts: 26
Power Quest is awesome. :wink:

But i prefer Neverworld over this new one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:43 pm 
Offline
Ist Krieg
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:24 am
Posts: 8992
Location: Husker Nation
Talwin wrote:
Power Quest is awesome. :wink:

But i prefer Neverworld over this new one.


Me too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:01 am 
Offline
Metal Lord

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:22 pm
Posts: 480
Location: Finland
metalNESS wrote:
Talwin wrote:
Power Quest is awesome. :wink:

But i prefer Neverworld over this new one.


Me too.


Me three.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:09 pm 
Offline
Svartalfar

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:04 am
Posts: 38
It's kind of funny. It's definitely metal, but it feels light as a feather. Which is good in a way because it's easier to get your family and friends to listen to it. I dare say it's almost family friendly metal. The kind of stuff that you could see Nickoledon playing. Hey, maybe Power Quest will get a Teen Choice Award!:)

Joking aside, I am a sucker for melody, so I can't get enough of the album. I think it's their most consistent yet. The first album had several weak tracks, Neverworld has three, this one has only one weak track. I'm already salivating for the next album.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:00 pm 
Offline
Ist Krieg
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:24 am
Posts: 8992
Location: Husker Nation
adaher wrote:
Joking aside, I am a sucker for melody, so I can't get enough of the album. I think it's their most consistent yet. The first album had several weak tracks, Neverworld has three, this one has only one weak track. I'm already salivating for the next album.


I think Neverworld only had one weak track, but you are right. Magic Never Dies, IMO, doesn't have any weak tracks. But, the songs are less memorable.

What songs didn't you like on MND and Neverworld?


"The Longest Night" is the best track IMO. Too bad it is only on the Japanese version.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:54 am 
Offline
Svartalfar

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:04 am
Posts: 38
Not sure of the name on Magic Never Dies, it's a midpaced track with an unusually ominous intro. It just doesn't seem to go anywhere.

On Neverworld I didn't like that last track, and I had an issue with Temple of Fire and another song being too similar. Plus there was one other song which I don't remember.

Hope that helped.:)

Ah, I'm getting senile and I don't have the covers in front of me. I just put all the songs from Neverworld I liked onto my computer and put the CD away about a year ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:02 am 
Offline
Ist Krieg
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:24 am
Posts: 8992
Location: Husker Nation
adaher wrote:
Not sure of the name on Magic Never Dies, it's a midpaced track with an unusually ominous intro. It just doesn't seem to go anywhere.

On Neverworld I didn't like that last track, and I had an issue with Temple of Fire and another song being too similar. Plus there was one other song which I don't remember.

Hope that helped.:)

Ah, I'm getting senile and I don't have the covers in front of me. I just put all the songs from Neverworld I liked onto my computer and put the CD away about a year ago.



Wow.

"Temple of Fire" is one of my favorite tracks from Neverworld.


I agree with you on the title track for Magic Never Dies though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:25 am 
Offline
Svartalfar

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:04 am
Posts: 38
Yes, it's a good song, but there's another song on there that has a very similar bridge and it just got to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group