PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:47 am 
MetalReviews Staff

You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Iron Maiden - Senjutsu
Heavy/Progressive Metal
Quoted: 60 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject: Re: Iron Maiden - Senjutsu (#10681)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:49 pm 
Metal King

I wasn't expecting it to be scored so low. I was thinking probably in the 70s. Will still purchase it as I am a huge Maiden fan. Fortunately, there are no repetitive choruses here. I have to agree with you in wanting more shorter Maiden songs. I don't think we will see an album again from Maiden where they have most of the songs around 5 mins or less with just a couple of longer songs. I am guessing had this had a better production, the songs would have sounded better. I am sure at least a few of them will sound great live.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:24 pm 
Einherjar

Hello Goat,

It has been a long time since I've stopped by these fiery metal-slagged halls but there's no better time to take a quick peek at MetalReviews than after listening to a new Maiden record. So, I was pleasantly surprised to find and read your review. I just finished giving 'Senjutsu' a proper listen and unfortunately I am left with the same feelings as you, that this is indeed, a poor outing for the Maiden. Yes, it is too dark, too grim, and entirely too long.

I hope that all is well in your world and I wish you the very best.

Take care...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:18 pm 

Hell on Earth is the best Iron Maiden song in years and years. The rest, filler, meh and some interesting ideas. Bur Ħell on Earth is magic.
But they need scissors. That's a fact. And add to the albums some songs fast and straigth to the bone. Not every song needs to be 6 minutes lenght or more.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:33 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Mike wrote:
Hello Goat,

It has been a long time since I've stopped by these fiery metal-slagged halls but there's no better time to take a quick peek at MetalReviews than after listening to a new Maiden record. So, I was pleasantly surprised to find and read your review. I just finished giving 'Senjutsu' a proper listen and unfortunately I am left with the same feelings as you, that this is indeed, a poor outing for the Maiden. Yes, it is too dark, too grim, and entirely too long.

I hope that all is well in your world and I wish you the very best.

Take care...

Hey Mike! Been a while, I hope all's well with you too man. Awkward and awful trying to keep up with people on this outdated format but good to hear from you, all the best back!

GaneshRules wrote:
Hell on Earth is the best Iron Maiden song in years and years.

Heard this a few times; I like it, sure, but I'm not convinced it's the greatest Maiden song in forever or whatever. Maybe I'm being too lenient on the post BNW albums but I think they're all comfortably ahead of anything on Senjutsu...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:45 pm 

[quote="Goat"]Heard this a few times; I like it, sure, but I'm not convinced it's the greatest Maiden song in forever or whatever. Maybe I'm being too lenient on the post BNW albums but I think they're all comfortably ahead of anything on Senjutsu...[/quote]

Well, I'm saying at least it is, in my opinion, the best song since DOD (Paschendale?).
The album... well, it's better than FF, imo, just that.
But Hell on earth has trapped me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:42 pm 
Ist Krieg

I really like this album. It's like a darker Iron Maiden in terms of production which also reflects itself in the songwriting. I like Iron Maiden a lot but sometimes I don't feel like listening to them because of how happy it sounds but this album due to it's production and mix makes it feel a bit more mellow. Cool cover art too.