Quote:
Ghost - Infestissumam
Heavy Metal
Quoted: 80 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 pm 
Metal Slave

Over-hyped garbage. Plain and simple. This was a boring album that does nothing to make you go wow. I don't see how people can eat this shit up aside from their singer dressing as the pope. OOoooOOOooo, edgy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:10 pm 
Metal Fighter

This album should be called Ad Nauseam. It is the epitome of dull. Basically, take 70's psychedelic rock add costumes, makeup, shock rock gimmickry, and you have Ghost. It's my opinion and I know many people like that dreamy organ induced rock. If that's your cup of tea, you'll love it. I have a general respect for the music of bands like Pink Floyd and Blue Oyster Cult, but it bores me to fucking death. My best friend loves this band so I'm sure I will hear it enough to wanna strangle myself. I wouldn't mind checking them out live because of the costumes and the show itself. I do not like the music though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 pm 
Svartalfar

voxmonster wrote:
This album should be called Ad Nauseam. It is the epitome of dull. Basically, take 70's psychedelic rock add costumes, makeup, shock rock gimmickry, and you have Ghost. It's my opinion and I know many people like that dreamy organ induced rock. If that's your cup of tea, you'll love it. I have a general respect for the music of bands like Pink Floyd and Blue Oyster Cult, but it bores me to fucking death. My best friend loves this band so I'm sure I will hear it enough to wanna strangle myself. I wouldn't mind checking them out live because of the costumes and the show itself. I do not like the music though.

I just saw them last night in Columbus and it was jam packed at the venue. I highly recommend seeing them live. It's a very theatrical experience and just an overall bad ass concert they put on. I was reading my review and I've come to realize this band has really grown on me since I wrote it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:43 pm 
Svartalfar

hottaco wrote:
Over-hyped garbage. Plain and simple. This was a boring album that does nothing to make you go wow. I don't see how people can eat this shit up aside from their singer dressing as the pope. OOoooOOOooo, edgy.

i know quite a few people who are into this band, and i think exactly the same as you. i just don't like them at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:16 am 
Ist Krieg

Their new cover EP streaming here: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/11/s ... ave-ghost/

Not my thing at all. This is one of the few times that questioning someone being labeled as 'metal' might be warranted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:30 pm 
Metal Servant

Why is this band popular?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:57 pm 
The Commish

My brother absolutely loves these guys, he's 16. That's why they are popular, the kids eat them up. Fancy outfits and singing about satan all the while playing recycled music their fanbases parents use to listen to.

Post subject: Re: Ghost - Infestissumam (#8291)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:17 pm 
Karma Whore

I still love how metalheads like to hate what's popular withing the very genre they claim to support.
Ghost is not the greatest band in the world but they put a hell of a live show and manage to craft entertaining songs, it's kinda like a gothic rehash of hair metal with bullshitty satanism to shock the christian masses and arouse the kids but it's well done and pleasing to listen to once in a while.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:22 pm 
The Commish

They suck. But it doesn't surprise me that you like them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

They supported Maiden here. Never listened much to them, but they were pretty bad live I thought. Maybe not used to huge arenas, and their live set was very dull save a few catchy songs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 pm 
Einherjar

[quote="scumbag"]Why is this band popular?[/quote]

Occult rock seems to be back in vogue these days. We'll see how long it lasts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:27 am 
MetalReviews Staff

I think y'all are being pretty harsh. Saw them with Alice in Chains and they were great - was more of an intimate venue though, so maybe just not an arena band.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:58 am 
Karma Whore

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed that the review didn't point the obvious influence of Blue Oyster Cult on Ghost's music and the similarity between Papa Emeritus II's vocals and those of Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser. And I still don't get why this is tagged Heavy Metal when it so obviously is not.
Maybe Jared doesn't know BÖC, maybe Jared doesn't really know what heavy metal sounds like.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:09 pm 
Svartalfar

I was going to say that at the arena level, no this band probably would not be good. I talked to a couple middle aged guys when I went to the Ghost show in Columbus in a much smaller venue and it was pretty great. The guys I met said the night before in Cincinnati they had sound trouble and everything when they played in an arena and it totally tanked.

Anyways, its probably not fair to solely call this heavy metal, even though its thrown around with the band, hard rock might be better to be thrown along with it (like the site did with it on their debut album labeling it Hard Rock/Heavy Metal), but I'll add the tag if its such an important problem to fix.

Whatever, I don't care for bickering on forums often on here. And yes I like my share of Accept, Judas Priest, Dio and whatnot, not my favorite stuff but its good in my book.