Quote:
Children Of Bodom - Halo of Blood
Melodic Death Metal
Quoted: 82 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:07 am 
Svartalfar

Man, you must be kidding if this COB album gets an 82 and DT's Construct gets a 65!! :wink:

I think its a bit better than the last one but it's still so behind any quality death metal album. And come on this is Laiho, what the hell happened with one of the best melodeath composers ever..

I have still hope with this people..but I don't think they are on the right path..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:36 pm 
Svartalfar

I went into the DT review with a massive bias. They are indeed one of my favorite bands. But I just can't help but still be disappointed in it a bit. I didn't get much of a burst of energy like more aggressive albums such as character which is probably my favorite. COB are doing much better since the last 2 but still aren't capturing me like they use to back in the day. If anything, the new kalmah album is the best melodic death metal this year hands down. Nothing comes close for me so far. COB did surprise me with this one, but its nothing that will guarantee win people over like I said. I'm sure this will attract more negativity than a positive responses. But we all have our opinions.

I'm still in shock my score for DT's album was 65. I love DT and I hate coming to feeling such ways about construct. But a fair rating isn't the worst thing in the world...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:25 pm 
Metal Lord

Very good album. It's not better than new Dark Tranquility or Kalmah, though, but really good. And certainly much more listenable than the last two boring and uninspired Cob efforts.
Cool and fun speedy/power/melodeath and as far as I'm concerned I'd rate it around 75 or so.