Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next   
 Post subject: 'Little Richard - Here's Little Richard (#6855)'
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:54 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Little Richard - Here's Little Richard
Rock'n'Roll
Quoted: 100 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:15 pm 
Karma Whore

WTF :huh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:38 pm 
Metal King

For crying out loud, I know some people like to review borderline metal/classic rock albums because of their influence and whatnot but where is the line drawn???

I have nothing against the man but THIS DOES NOT BELONG ON A WEBSITE CALLED METALREVIEWS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:47 pm 
Ist Krieg

Metastable To Chaos wrote:
For crying out loud, I know some people like to review borderline metal/classic rock albums because of their influence and whatnot but where is the line drawn???

I have nothing against the man but THIS DOES NOT BELONG ON A WEBSITE CALLED METALREVIEWS.

who gives a fuck, let them review whatever they want. Pretty much everyone likes to listen to something else once in a while. It's good recommendations for a metal listener if they're reviewing it anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:48 pm 
Metal King

Answer my question though. I mean should we start seeing reviews of Wagner while we're at it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:51 pm 
Ist Krieg

I don't even read most of the reviews I just look at the score then check out a few songs because I don't like to read someone's opinion on music really. I'll talk about music but I'm not going to waste time reading countless paragraphs when someone could just tell me in one paragraph how good/bad an album is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:55 pm 
Metal Fighter

Metastable To Chaos wrote:
Answer my question though. I mean should we start seeing reviews of Wagner while we're at it?

oh come on! It's Little Richard! It's classic!

I actually would not mind if someone did a review of Elvis too. I enjoy Elvis as much as I enjoy Cannibal Corpse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:01 pm 
Metal King

Like I said, I have nothing against Little Richard. In fact I don't mind listening to a song or two by him sometimes.

Whatever, if I'm alone on this then so be it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:05 pm 
Ist Krieg

Nah, I'm on the same boat. I'm thinking about that huuuuuuge list of albums requested to be reviewed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 pm 
Karma Whore

This should be good for 7 pages of chaos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:14 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Legacy Of The Night wrote:
Nah, I'm on the same boat. I'm thinking about that huuuuuuge list of albums requested to be reviewed...

I do understand that, but it's not always easy to get to that list. From my own experience, being as picky as I am, there was very few bands that appealed to me on that list. In addition, reviewers have a certain pressure from labels that hand out promos they expect to be reviewed within a short time.

And well, now, when there are few reviewers able to contribute much, it is pretty obvious that that list doesn't get cut.

Still though, I definitely see you point. It's getting LONG!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:24 pm 
Metal King

Well, World Downfall can come off now. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:32 pm 
Ist Krieg

metal_xxx wrote:
Legacy Of The Night wrote:

I do understand that, but it's not always easy to get to that list. From my own experience, being as picky as I am, there was very few bands that appealed to me on that list. In addition, reviewers have a certain pressure from labels that hand out promos they expect to be reviewed within a short time.

And well, now, when there are few reviewers able to contribute much, it is pretty obvious that that list doesn't get cut.

Still though, I definitely see you point. It's getting LONG!

Totally. I applaud the efforts of all the reviewers here (great job!), but I really see no reason why this should be reviewed here in lieu of something from the request list. Obviously the reviewer thinks highly of this, but seriously, this is a metal review site. You can argue influence all you want, but for pete's sake, if you're reviewing for a metal website, then find some metal to review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:47 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Oh yeah, I agree about that.. Just wanted to argue that it's hard to always find time for the list.

Post subject: Uh, yeah, okay...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:51 pm 
Svartalfar

A review of Little Richard (and Captain Beefheart), but still no review of the latest release by Helloween.

It's not my website, so it's not my decision, but it just seems a bit, well, odd...

I have been visiting less frequently because of the major shift away from melodic metal, and adding things like Little Richard to the now typical mix of black/death metal isn't helping.

But, like I said, I don't own the site, it doesn't cost me any money, and nobody's forcing me to visit, so I guess at best my view of this is just reference material for why certain former regular visitors are turning to alternatives.

Post subject: Re: Uh, yeah, okay...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:06 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Obviously I can't speak for Tony, but I really don't see what's complaint-worthy about the Captain Beefheart review, given the sad death of the man himself this past weekend. I'm sure someone's working on the new Helloween.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Quote:
A review of Little Richard (and Captain Beefheart), but still no review of the latest release by Helloween.

It's not my website, so it's not my decision, but it just seems a bit, well, odd...

To be fair, the Captain Beefheart review was a special write-up in honor of his death.

And it's not easy to make sure the most significant stuff gets reviewed. We don't have access to whatever albums we want whenever we want them. I'm not unsympathetic to the call for more metal reviews, but keep in mind that it's not as though Tony looked at Little Richard and Helloween and went "Hmm....I'm thinkin' Little Richard."

My point is, I wouldn't think of this review as being up "in lieu" of Helloween or another metal album. We review metal albums when we can review them, so it's not like a new metal release was cut from the slate in favor of Little Richard.

Last edited by Jake on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:15 pm 
Einherjar

I can think of plenty of metal albums not reviewed on this site that should take priority over this.

Kind of a joke, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:24 pm 
Ist Krieg

The Evil Dead wrote:
I can think of plenty of metal albums not reviewed on this site that should take priority over this.

Kind of a joke, IMO.

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:41 pm 
Svartalfar

<it's not as though Tony looked at Little Richard and Helloween and went "Hmm....I'm thinkin' Little Richard."

Why is anyone looking at Little Richard as a potential candidate for a place on a METAL review site in the first place?

What next? Flock of Seagulls?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next