Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:36 pm 
Ist Krieg

rio wrote:
You're kinda right but that is definitely not the same message the video is portraying and the shirt is also kinda retaliating against how their music has been framed as anti-semitic so it's kinda punny but it is what it is so you can't defend that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I wonder what would have happened if Husker had ever gotten his hands on some good drugs, that actually worked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:05 pm 
Einherjar

Blake Judd from Nachtmystium did glorify his drug usage in a recent interview with Terrorizer. In fact a big chunk of the interview was about he lived the fast life.

Knowing many people who fucked themselves up on everything from booze (myself included) and dope* to ice, speed and heroin, I can't say I approve.

*Several of my friends smoked themselves retarded - they got to the point where they were smoking up to 50-60 bongs a day. An ounce of marijuana would last two of them up to one week. These guys could barely string a sentence together.

They then "improved" on the mix by throwing speed, ecstasy or ice into the mix. Suffice to say many were completely fried by the time they got over 25.

I've known many others included a cousin who was a heroin junkie and is now afflicted with the bad version of hepatitis, and people addicted to everything from morphine to heroin. Most were criminals and even some of the pot smokers committed burglaries to feed their habit. I did grow up in a crap neighbourhood but some of these blokes were upper class kids from good families (parents were doctors, surgeons, school priniciples etc).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:21 am 
Einherjar

I've tried getting into these guys a few times after the last one came out, and I found that I enjoy their older discography far more than this new stuff. I think it's the vocals. The music is a little off, at least to me, as well.

Not terrible but I'll take some of their older work, but I haven't even really given that much of a listen. It's just sitting on the comp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:04 am 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
I wonder what would have happened if Husker had ever gotten his hands on some good drugs, that actually worked?

Mushrooms definitely affected me strongly. I now take Depakote and Risperdal, which definitely work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:09 am 
Einherjar

huskerc7 wrote:
Goat wrote:

Mushrooms definitely affected me strongly. I now take Depakote and Risperdal, which definitely work.

For me it's two glasses of wine or 2-3 beers max these days. Don't touch anything illicit these days and I don't smoke cigarrettes anymore either.

I've noticed even 3 beers gets me drunk these days. Compare that to when I was in my early 20's and I'd drink a dozen beers (4.8% alcohol) and 4-6 fizzy vodka drinks (5% alcohol) and go to be only slightly tipsy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:57 am 
Svartalfar

uh, hello.
Been bouncing around this great site for a while and stumbled onto this review and the subsequent comments.

I was born and live in NYC, and I'm a longtime Metalhead.
I'm old. So old I saw the Cro-Mags live at the Ritz (with VoiVod and Venom, believe it or not!), and old enough to remember La'more in Brooklyn.

Just wanted to chime in, if it's ok, 'bout the drug thing (it's an old review, maybe no one will even see this? Dunno....)

I survived a 6 year heroin habit, and before that I probably spilled more cocaine than most people will ever see. Not proud of it, not 'glamorizing.'
I was homeless for multiple years, and lived on the subways (gotta love that E-train....only homeless cats in NYC will get that one), but eventually a friend from my past showed up and saved my ass, dragging me back into the world.
Drugs suck, but people fall into the trap for a myriad of reasons (my own bout with homelessness and brutal descent into misery began when my wife fatally overdosed, for example- I lost it), but I hardly think calling addicts 'faggots' is helping ANYBODY.

Little on the straight-edge side, huh? lol.

The worst part? I missed out on almost 10 years of metal....but now that I've been 'all good' for a couple of years, I'm playing 'catch-up.'
This site has been an amazing resource, and I'm immensely greatful.

I'll go back to haunting, now.....I get a little nervous commenting here, since I'm not 'krieg.' :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:57 pm 
Ist Krieg

SinSynn wrote:
I hardly think calling addicts 'faggots' is helping ANYBODY.

Little on the straight-edge side, huh? lol.
lol right on. That story is pretty fucking grim if you ask me. Continue posting, guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:18 pm 
Ist Krieg

fuck drugs man, practice your instrument. drugs just fuck you up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:42 pm 
Ist Krieg

http://www.nocleansinging.com/2011/05/0 ... htmystium/

Judd's description of his drug use is kinda odd. It's the way to do it if you're going to do it I guess. Plus the comments about the business and the number of tracks blew my mind. So silly. I think I'd like Assassins better like a WITTR album of four tracks oddly enough that intrigues me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:02 am 
Einherjar

SinSynn wrote:
I get a little nervous commenting here, since I'm not 'krieg.' :P

Nothing to worry about.

Most of us aren't krieg.

Heck I love shit like Guns N Roses and Skidrow and love Groove Metal ala Pantera, Lamb of God or early Machine Head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:13 am 
Einherjar

traptunderice wrote:
http://www.nocleansinging.com/2011/05/01/an-ncs-interview-nachtmystium/

Judd's description of his drug use is kinda odd. It's the way to do it if you're going to do it I guess. Plus the comments about the business and the number of tracks blew my mind. So silly. I think I'd like Assassins better like a WITTR album of four tracks oddly enough that intrigues me.

Judd's a fucking drug addicted moron. His attitude is fucked.

As for the business stuff - old news. Bands rarely have full control of their music - hence it's always a product. It gets worse in big labels which dictate band members or sound - both Anthrax and Prong got seriously burned on major labels.

Best one I heard was Jeff Walker out of Carcass talking about a meeting he attended at Earache where all the executives agreed that one unnamed extreme metal band were much better now they hired a stylist!

Carcass themselves suffered under Earache and big chunks of Swansong and Wake Up And Smell The Carcass are basically slagging off Earache.

Morbid Angel and Bolt Thrower suffered similar issues.

All the labels are the same - Roadrunner ignored Sepultura once Max formed Soulfly and their US branch refused to support Machine Head when they were in the doldrums.

Century Media refused to pay Iced Earth much despite Iced Earth being their big seller at the time. And then they wouldn't support Nevermore with Enemies of Reality because Nevermore's contract was coming up for renewal after that.

Music industry is a nasty cunt/prick of a thing where the focus is the all mighty dollar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:22 am 
Ist Krieg

dead1 wrote:
traptunderice wrote:
http://www.nocleansinging.com/2011/05/01/an-ncs-interview-nachtmystium/

Judd's a fucking drug addicted moron. His attitude is fucked.

As for the business stuff - old news. Bands rarely have full control of their music - hence it's always a product. It gets worse in big labels which dictate band members or sound - both Anthrax and Prong got seriously burned on major labels.

Best one I heard was Jeff Walker out of Carcass talking about a meeting he attended at Earache where all the executives agreed that one unnamed extreme metal band were much better now they hired a stylist!

Carcass themselves suffered under Earache and big chunks of Swansong and Wake Up And Smell The Carcass are basically slagging off Earache.

Morbid Angel and Bolt Thrower suffered similar issues.

All the labels are the same - Roadrunner ignored Sepultura once Max formed Soulfly and their US branch refused to support Machine Head when they were in the doldrums.

Century Media refused to pay Iced Earth much despite Iced Earth being their big seller at the time. And then they wouldn't support Nevermore with Enemies of Reality because Nevermore's contract was coming up for renewal after that.

Music industry is a nasty cunt/prick of a thing where the focus is the all mighty dollar!
Obviously, record labels suck but the having to break down songs into multiple chunks just caught me off guard. News to me in that respect.

Quote:
Skid Row
:dio:

As for this album, listened to it earlier this afternoon and it fucking sucks. Like a 50/100 because it is never offensive but god I don't want to sit through it. I started listening to Assassins again and it wasn't as bad but two hours of Nachtmystium was my breaking point so I turned it off. Also listened to that in between demo which isn't bad but I never loved.