Quote:
Gorgoroth - Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam
Black Metal
Quoted: 88 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:18 pm 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

I heard one song from this, and it sucked. Sounding more norsecore than ever and like newer satyricon; that is watered down, tired and harmless.

And Gaahls vocals sucked. Check out Trelldom or Pentagram to see how good he used to be :wink:

Pentagram is the only gorgoroth i own, and its decent, but what black metal fan would touch this with a ten foot pole?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:04 pm 
Karma Whore

I like Gorgoroth, but I also don't claim to be some "tr00 kvlt BM head". Which we all know translates to "virgin who still lives in his mother's basement, and has no friends outside of the internets".

Nice review, I've been wanting to pick this one up since it came out, and thanks to your review, I will be doing just that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:46 pm 
Metal Fighter

All hail christ-hating, gang-raping, 41 year-old man torturing, weapon possessing tr00 black metal!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:51 pm 
Eternal Idol wrote:
I like Gorgoroth, but I also don't claim to be some "tr00 kvlt BM head". Which we all know translates to "virgin who still lives in his mother's basement, and has no friends outside of the internets".

Nice review, I've been wanting to pick this one up since it came out, and thanks to your review, I will be doing just that.

well.. i don't like norsecore either, nor do i live home with my parents ( i live 250 km's away), i have sex with myself quite often and i have friends outside of the internet as well, including a best friend, which is an old left shoe with makeup.. does that make me a "tr00 kvlt BM head" too? :huh: ( i actually prefer to leave out the "tr00" part" i anything at all, perhaps "kvlt" as well)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:54 pm 
Ist Krieg

cool name though. gives a cool sense of evil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:36 pm 
Ist Krieg

No matter how hard I try, I just can't get into these guys.

Blast.

One day... Maybe one day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:40 pm 
Karma Whore

Astaroth wrote:
Eternal Idol wrote:

well.. i don't like norsecore either, nor do i live home with my parents ( i live 250 km's away), i have sex with myself quite often and i have friends outside of the internet as well, including a best friend, which is an old left shoe with makeup.. does that make me a "tr00 kvlt BM head" too? :huh: ( i actually prefer to leave out the "tr00" part" i anything at all, perhaps "kvlt" as well)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:00 pm 
Einherjar

I have heard this. A crappy album indeed. Twilight of Gods or whatevah the previous was, was decent. This one just blows. keeping it real, niggas?!!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:33 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

No-one can listen to Sign Of An Open Eye or Wound Upon Wound and say that this is shit. Even if you're not a BM head, check Wound... out, it's strangely catchy, with almost tribal drumming. Good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:57 pm 

Skartasis wrote:
I have heard this. A crappy album indeed. Twilight of Gods or whatevah the previous was, was decent. This one just blows. keeping it real, niggas?!!?

fo' real g :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:04 pm 

Zad wrote:
No-one can listen to Sign Of An Open Eye or Wound Upon Wound and say that this is shit. Even if you're not a BM head, check Wound... out, it's strangely catchy, with almost tribal drumming. Good stuff.

I checked wound upon wound. Dude, can you not tell the vocals have been messed with? They sound exactly like the way Satyr sings now (not good) And the guitar tone sounds so weak.

This songs more death metal than BM. Maybe even Melodeath. Seriously, talk about stealing Satyricons gig... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:53 pm 
Einherjar

DeathScream\m/ wrote:
All hail christ-hating, gang-raping, 41 year-old man torturing, weapon possessing tr00 black metal!!

That sounds like a typical weekend for me......

I have Destroyer and Twilight of the Idols, I dig it but I don't get naked and run through the street over them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:06 pm 
Metal Lord

Hmm, haven't heard this one, but I guess you can trust Alex about the quality of this album.

Read this on metalreview.com:
http://metalreview.com/ViewReview.aspx?ID=2825

Almost maximum score. What's wrong with you guys?

Not tr00 enough or do you just have bad taste?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:36 pm 
Doctor of Metal wrote:
Hmm, haven't heard this one, but I guess you can trust Alex about the quality of this album.

pfft.. what an ignorant load of shit

Slipknot, KoRn and Madonna get great reviews too on many sites and magazines... i guess you like those too, why wouldn't u when they get so great reviews? cuz it really suxx to have an opinion on your own, else you would have bad taste and be a fucking tr00kvltfaggot!

following the reaper wrote:
Zad wrote:

I checked wound upon wound. Dude, can you not tell the vocals have been messed with? They sound exactly like the way Satyr sings now (not good) And the guitar tone sounds so weak.

This songs more death metal than BM. Maybe even Melodeath. Seriously, talk about stealing Satyricons gig... :lol:

doesn't sound like black metal, indeed.. and i thought that Wound upon Wound sounded like shit too, not my kind of music. Too death metallish riffs and i hate norsecore blastbeasts since they're so damn boring and rather uninspiring.

" uuuh... you're weak cuz you can't handle the evilness of the blastbeats" ... yeah, right! :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:17 pm 
Metal Lord

Astaroth wrote:
Doctor of Metal wrote:

pfft.. what an ignorant load of shit

Slipknot, KoRn and Madonna get great reviews too on many sites and magazines... i guess you like those too, why wouldn't u when they get so great reviews? cuz it really suxx to have an opinion on your own, else you would have bad taste and be a fucking tr00kvltfaggot!

following the reaper wrote:
Zad wrote:

doesn't sound like black metal, indeed.. and i thought that Wound upon Wound sounded like shit too, not my kind of music. Too death metallish riffs and i hate norsecore blastbeasts since they're so damn boring and rather uninspiring.

" uuuh... you're weak cuz you can't handle the evilness of the blastbeats" ... yeah, right! :rolleyes:

What's wrong with Madonna?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:28 pm 
Doctor of Metal wrote:

yes.. what wrong with poop?

there's nothing wrong with poob as such, but don't push it down my throat just because u like it or found a great review on a gardening page.
It's much more productive to spread the poop on the ground to fertilize it. The same could be said about Madonna.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:43 pm 
Karma Whore

Astaroth wrote:
Doctor of Metal wrote:

there's nothing wrong with poob as such, but don't push it down my throat just because u like it or found a great review on a gardening page.
It's much more productive to spread the poop on the ground to fertilize it. The same could be said about Madonna.

Uhhhh, whose pushing it down your throat? You don't have to keep coming into the thread. Fuck man, did a norsecore fan knock you down and steal your lunch money today or what? You don't have to like the album or the band, but stop telling everyone else that they shouldn't like it eithier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:12 am 
Eternal Idol wrote:
Astaroth wrote:
Doctor of Metal wrote:

Uhhhh, whose pushing it down your throat? You don't have to keep coming into the thread. Fuck man, did a norsecore fan knock you down and steal your lunch money today or what? You don't have to like the album or the band, but stop telling everyone else that they shouldn't like it eithier.

ha ha...uhm... where do u see me telling other ppl not to like it either??!?
It's u and Doctor of Metal that tell other ppl they should like Gorgoroth, or else we're st00pid, without taste and narrowminded pricktards living in the basement. I have only expressed my opinion, but apparently that's only okay if u like Gorgoroth. :lame: .. so in some sense a norsecore fan did knock me down today, but i have no intention of turning the other cheek :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:17 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Why does someone liking/not liking something automatically mean that they're following someone else's tastes? Can we not think for ourselves any more?

Wound Upon Wound = :dio: , whatever you think about poorly produced elitist BM.