Quote:
Dope - Felons And Revolutionaries
Idustrialized Nu-Metal
Quoted: 20 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:42 pm 
Einherjar

Yeah, this band is pretty much a really bad Static-X. A really bad Static-X. Fun to listen to for maybe the first time and then the fun evaporates like water on the bright side of the moon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:26 pm 
Karma Whore

Don't you need to do dope to listen to this band and enjoy it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:36 pm 
Metal King

Why would anyone even choose to review a 10-year-old nu-metal album? Oh, right, just to talk shit. :rolleyes:

Man, it's good to be back! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:51 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Satan's Anus wrote:
Why would anyone even choose to review a 10-year-old nu-metal album? Oh, right, just to talk shit. :rolleyes:

Haha, I wondered at the choice myself... someone'll get around to doing a not-completely-negative review of Korn's debut one day, then you'll be a happy man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:16 am 
Karma Whore

Satan's Anus wrote:

Well, he did open the review by saying he likes most Nu-Metal. But I can't disagree with the review, this band always was a shitty Marilyn Manson rip-off. I will say though, I saw them live when they opened for Pigface several years ago, I wound up drinking a beer with Edsel, and he was a cool dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:05 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Satan's Anus wrote:

After I listened to the album I actually considered not writing the review at all, but I figured eh what the hell, people need to be warned. If a friend tells you 'hey check out this nu-metal band you've never heard of' you may just want to leave well enough alone! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:10 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

obviously dedicated to tripp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:23 am 
Karma Whore

khelek@metalreviews.com wrote:
Satan's Anus wrote:

After I listened to the album I actually considered not writing the review at all, but I figured eh what the hell, people need to be warned. If a friend tells you 'hey check out this nu-metal band you've never heard of' you may just want to leave well enough alone! :)

If a friend tells you to check ANY nu metal crap you need to run run run boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:20 pm 
Einherjar

I remember when I was growing up, I was listening to these guys. Saw them 4 times live because they stopped by a local venue here in my city all the time, and my friends and I thought we were hardcore and went to a lot of shows.

Never bought any of their albums, because I never thought they were that good. This was at a period of time though when I knew nothing about ANY other metal, the good stuff, so I was lost in a world of nu metal that I really didn't enjoy all that much.

That being said, the live shows were fun, but their music really sucks and thankfully I ended up finding better.

DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE. lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 pm 
Metal King

For the record, I don't like this band. :omfg:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:55 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Satan's Anus wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:57 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Goat wrote:
Satan's Anus wrote:

[img]Pedo%20and%20dude%20with%20hat%20on[/img]

In b4 "But I thought there were no animated gifs allowed!!!!1111!!!!11"

Oh and :lol: at R. Kelly

It has become impossible to look at him and not laugh.

Incidentally, I don't see the problem with this review. If its the first time he's heard the album and it struck him as this horrible, why not review it? We need reviews of crap albums every once in a while, otherwise people start in with the "you guys overrate everything" posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:43 pm 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

didnt he piss on that little girl, idk i've never had the honor of witnessing the video

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:22 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

stevelovesmoonspell wrote:
didnt he piss on that little girl, idk i've never had the honor of witnessing the video

Yikes, neither have I. I was laughing more at the thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4zEhaBAS1c&feature=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:20 am 
Einherjar

I am a big fan of this band. They are the modern day motley crue, with better records.

Alas, this is a weak first effort. I haven't listened to the new one yet, but i'm sure it will be fun.

This band is all about fun, fuckin, smokin, drinkin, titties and other non-kvlt things half of you can't appreciate, so don't bother.

I like them a lot though and edsel is an incredible producer and songwriter.

This album should go out of print because it doesn't deserve the name of the band on it, nor is anyone other than edsel even in the band anymore. most of the songs are second rate.

Life and Group therapy are excellent albums if you like fun. If you don't like fun, stick with black metal and other sterile acts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:09 am 
Einherjar

this band is awful, and that goes for all albums, not just this one. They have no good albums. None. They have some mildly catchy songs that can be interesting the first two or three times you hear them, they have the staying power of a snowflake in Mount Vesuvius.

I'm not surprised that you like them though. Your taste in music is terrible as evinced by other bands that you like, so I can't fault you for liking more bad bands. It'd be like getting mad at a child with Down's for kicking the wall or drooling on your nice suit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:21 am 
Ist Krieg

Dead Machine wrote:

I'm not surprised that you like them though. Your taste in music is terrible as evinced by other bands that you like, so I can't fault you for liking more bad bands. It'd be like getting mad at a child with Down's for kicking the wall or drooling on your nice suit.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:44 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

Adveser wrote:
I am a big fan of this band. They are the modern day motley crue, with better records.

Alas, this is a weak first effort. I haven't listened to the new one yet, but i'm sure it will be fun.

This band is all about fun, fuckin, smokin, drinkin, titties and other non-kvlt things half of you can't appreciate, so don't bother.

This album should go out of print because it doesn't deserve the name of the band on it, nor is anyone other than edsel even in the band anymore. most of the songs are second rate.

Life and Group therapy are excellent albums if you like fun. If you don't like fun, stick with black metal and other sterile acts.

Black metal isn't a party... it isn't meant to be. Sex, drugs and rock and roll.....thats whats wrong with the music industry (at least one of the things)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:10 pm 
Metal King

following the reaper wrote:
Adveser wrote:

Black metal isn't a party... it isn't meant to be. Sex, drugs and rock and roll.....thats whats wrong with the music industry (at least one of the things)

Sex, drugs, and rock and roll is a part of life, whether you're in a band or some turdly college student working at Burger King.

The biggest problem with the music industry is the fans. Sure, record labels suck, too, for the most part, but fans are worse. Music is so expendable these days, no one gives a fuck about music and they pretend they care and actually know what they're talking about. Everything is right there, downloadable and free for the taking. There is virtually no way one can truly appreciate anything unless they are forced to give it a chance, and unless you're sacrificing something important, like money, you're not giving it a proper chance.

How the fuck does Dead Machine know that this band has no good albums? This band has five studio albums and some rarities album or whatever. Yet we're supposed to believe that he continues to really give this band a shot, album after album? Pffft! Complete nonsense. There's something seriously wrong with a person who will go out of his way to download an album just to prove to himself and others online that, yup, they still suck.

It's like looking at a plate of food and giving it a quick sniff, then declaring it to be disgusting, fetid horse shit. Give me a break!