Quote:
Novembre - The Blue
Doom Metal
Quoted: 98 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:01 pm 
Metal King

I have no opinion of the album, I haven't heard it and probably I never will since I am not into doom metal. But before you start wondering why I'm making such a apparently useless post I want to point out that the band link is wrong.

Here are the right ones:
Official band website: http://www.novembre.co.uk/
Novembre's myspace: http://www.myspace.com/novembre1

:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:59 am 
Einherjar

just listened to the song Anaemia on their myspace and if it's representative of this album I wouldn't say this is slow... and actually a lot less doomy than I thought it would be. I'll most likely check this out at my local music store to see what the rest sounds like as it piqued my interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:09 am 
Metal King

You'd think that with this being a 98/100 Album of the Month, with "twelve unique and very diverse songs", that the reviewer would have actually mentioned one song. Foolish, yes; but pointless? You should write for Maxim.

I'd like to know what this album sounds like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:47 am 
Einherjar

Afro Lint wrote:

I'd like to know what this album sounds like.

same here cause the single on their myspace could be misleading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:58 am 
Metal Fighter

This shit is really impressive!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:18 am 
Metal Fighter

Personally I think the 'doom' label might be a bit misleading in my opinion. I think they sound less Doom and more Opeth.....
The way I see it is if you're an Opeth fan you might dig this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:39 pm 
Einherjar

It is an excellent album but most def not Doom, even by standards like Darconian or Daylight Dies. More of a dark metal, slightly progressive album with mix of clean and harsh vocals. I'm trying to think of someone this band sounds like but they are extremely unique and the vocals are def the high point.

Old Dead Tree is in the same ball park though as these guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:10 am 
Einherjar

leee wrote:
It is an excellent album but most def not Doom, even by standards like Darconian or Daylight Dies. More of a dark metal, slightly progressive album with mix of clean and harsh vocals. I'm trying to think of someone this band sounds like but they are extremely unique and the vocals are def the high point.

Hey leee haven't seen you on these boards for a while, nice being able to read you again. How you been ?

As for this album thanks for the Info, I"ll check it out when I get the chance, sounds promising.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:14 pm 
Svartalfar

If this band interests you, I'd highly recommend checking out their 1999 release, Classica. A lot more death vocals and their best album IMO.

The band has definite doom influences, but they are not overpowering. I have heard these guys referred to as the 'poor man's Opeth.' While an Opeth or Insomnium comparison could be made, these guys have their own sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:13 pm 
Einherjar

grandbazaar wrote:
leee wrote:

Hey leee haven't seen you on these boards for a while, nice being able to read you again. How you been ?

As for this album thanks for the Info, I"ll check it out when I get the chance, sounds promising.

I'm always good, just tend to go to metal sites that are havens for old people instead of the next generation. Just thought I would comment on this because it is such an excellent album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:57 pm 
Metal Servant

I quite like this album. Possibly the best one I've bought so far this year. It's not really doom metal though. Very good to listen to if you want to relax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:41 am 
Einherjar

skeetkatz wrote:
I quite like this album. Possibly the best one I've bought so far this year. It's not really doom metal though. Very good to listen to if you want to relax.

I have to agree with you and leee. Your descriptions are of the material are perfect. This is definitely one of the best CD's I've bought this year too. I love listening to it and it has yet to become boring or stale. I'm not a big fan of scoring music because it's so subjective but for me personally, in this case, the score is certainly justifiable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:01 pm 
Metal Servant

This is really pretty. I like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:50 pm 
Einherjar

leee wrote:

I've finally purchased this CD this week and it's superb. It's Dark, extremely atmospheric with emotionally charged clean and death vocals. Reminds me of Katationia/ Daylight dies with a little more melody. I'm really surprised how good this is, definitely the surprise of the year for me and a contender for album of the year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:18 am 
Metal Fighter

grandbazaar wrote:
leee wrote:

I've finally purchased this CD this week and it's superb. It's Dark, extremely atmospheric with emotionally charged clean and death vocals. Reminds me of Katationia/ Daylight dies with a little more melody. I'm really surprised how good this is, definitely the surprise of the year for me and a contender for album of the year.

Yeah its definitely worthy of that. By far the best album ive heard this year (so far).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:45 am 
Einherjar

RedHawk wrote:
grandbazaar wrote:
leee wrote:

Yeah its definitely worthy of that. By far the best album ive heard this year (so far).

Just noticed it was actually released last year... but still this year's surprise for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:48 pm 
Einherjar

Just picked this up. It sounds like everything Katatonia can never hope to be.