Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:31 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:31 pm 
Metal King

Argonaut wrote:
Rune- The End Of Nothing
This was the only album that I know of that this band did but it's a fuckin masterpiece as far as i am concerned.

Black Sabbath- Vol 4
The best Ozzy era Sabbath album imho and rarely given the attention it so rightly deserves. For most people it is always Paranoid this and Paranoid that. Dont get me wrong I like Paranoid but it pales in comparrison to this monster.

My copy of Lykathea Aflame-Elvenfris is on the way and I am really excited about that.

Never heard of Rune, what are they?

I definitely prefer the later material to Paranoid. Paranoid gets too much attention for something that isn't nearly as interesting or varied as their later stuff. Plus Paranoid's riff is a total rip off of Communication Breakdown, and isn't nearly as good of a song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:09 pm 
Sailor Man

Radical Cut wrote:
Holy shit, I hate crowbar. I always thought they were overrated, and rarely run into people who agree with me that they are a shitty and worthless band. Location location location, I guess...

Dago wrote:
Lykathea Aflame-Elvenfris

Fucking right! I remember mentioning them on here a while ago and got at least one or two guys into it. A terribly overlooked band.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Edge of Sanity and Diabolical Masquerade are rather overlooked too. The fans they do have are pretty adamant about them, but largely, even among fans of likeminded (not to mention simpler and less impressive) bands, they often go unknown.

Yeah, you were the one to reccomend me the band! And plenty of others technical death bands!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:18 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Desolate wrote:
Kvist - For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike

One fucking masterpiece. And many don't even know it exists.

Right on! That album has some of the best keyboards in BM history. Maybe I'll do a review about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:26 pm 
Einherjar

Eternal Idol wrote:
The Silent Man wrote:
Eternal Idol wrote:
The Silent Man wrote:
Seinfeld26 wrote:
"Final Fantasy VII is crap. FF6 was the last good Final Fantasy."

Its ohhh so true, though 9 was pretty good.

Pfffft. Stupid Disney-ish crap. Fuck Zidane and his stupid tail. FF8 pwns above all others.

If anything is queerer than disney it most definately has to be FF8's stupid plot and draw system and the random rule for the card game and the junction system and just about anything else that has to do with that game.. God, even FFVII was better than that shite.

Oh no. Strategy in an RPG! :? Only 2D sprites and dominating everything in your path after level 25! L33T! FF6 was too damn eay.

Haha, no, I like Strategy. My favorite game is Grandia and there is strategy required for those battles. And FF8 wasnt easy? please. Anyways it has nothing to do with being L33t or whatever, I actually generally deslike the FF franchise as there are far better games out there. I play RPGs mostly for plot. FF6 and FF4 both had better plots than any newer gen FF. I have played the demo for FF12 and Im glad to know I may enjoy this one, it reminds me of the Summoner games alot.

This is so off topic now, so to at least keep my post somewhat on in here I think more people should listen to Nightwish's Angels Fall First. Ive noticed people act like its not even an album, personally, I think its abit better than Wishmaster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:37 pm 
Metal Lord

deathkvlt wrote:
Desolate wrote:

Right on! That album has some of the best keyboards in BM history. Maybe I'll do a review about it.

Nice. Very nice. And after this review I'll be your №1 fan :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:54 am 
Metal Servant

Radical Cut wrote:
Argonaut wrote:
Rune- The End Of Nothing
This was the only album that I know of that this band did but it's a fuckin masterpiece as far as i am concerned.

Black Sabbath- Vol 4
The best Ozzy era Sabbath album imho and rarely given the attention it so rightly deserves. For most people it is always Paranoid this and Paranoid that. Dont get me wrong I like Paranoid but it pales in comparrison to this monster.

My copy of Lykathea Aflame-Elvenfris is on the way and I am really excited about that.

Never heard of Rune, what are they?

I definitely prefer the later material to Paranoid. Paranoid gets too much attention for something that isn't nearly as interesting or varied as their later stuff. Plus Paranoid's riff is a total rip off of Communication Breakdown, and isn't nearly as good of a song.

I guess you could call them sludge death? Here is the link if you want to hear some.

If I remember correctly Paranoid was intended as a filler song only anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:55 am 
Metal Servant

Oops forgot the link http://www.willowtip.com/store/product_ ... aspx?id=28

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:34 pm 
Metal Lord

Desolate wrote:
deathkvlt wrote:
Desolate wrote:

Nice. Very nice. And after this review I'll be your №1 fan :wink:

I'm totally with you on this one. Such a shame they never managed to do another album.

Diabolical Masquerade gets my vote, too.

I'll never stress enough how absurdly underrated Abigor were. A decade of amazing music, and almost nobody gave a damn about them.

Thy Primordial, anyone? Awesome fast melodic BM... 6 kickass albums, no one noticed. They recently split up, which infuriates me even more.

Ondskapt really deserve more attention, the atmosphere they conjure is otherworldly.

Nachtfalke is one hell of a Viking band, yet they don't seem to get as much attention as the big ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:37 pm 
Metal Lord

Lord Jotun wrote:
I'm totally with you on this one. Such a shame they never managed to do another album.

I'll never stress enough how absurdly underrated Abigor were. A decade of amazing music, and almost nobody gave a damn about them.

Thy Primordial, anyone? Awesome fast melodic BM... 6 kickass albums, no one noticed. They recently split up, which infuriates me even more.

Ondskapt really deserve more attention, the atmosphere they conjure is otherworldly.

Nachtfalke is one hell of a Viking band, yet they don't seem to get as much attention as the big ones.

My thoughts. When I was gone I kind of missed the days when you said everything instead of me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:11 pm 
Karma Whore

The Silent Man wrote:
Eternal Idol wrote:
The Silent Man wrote:
Eternal Idol wrote:
The Silent Man wrote:
Seinfeld26 wrote:
"Final Fantasy VII is crap. FF6 was the last good Final Fantasy."

Its ohhh so true, though 9 was pretty good.

Pfffft. Stupid Disney-ish crap. Fuck Zidane and his stupid tail. FF8 pwns above all others.

If anything is queerer than disney it most definately has to be FF8's stupid plot and draw system and the random rule for the card game and the junction system and just about anything else that has to do with that game.. God, even FFVII was better than that shite.

Oh no. Strategy in an RPG! :? Only 2D sprites and dominating everything in your path after level 25! L33T! FF6 was too damn eay.

Haha, no, I like Strategy. My favorite game is Grandia and there is strategy required for those battles. And FF8 wasnt easy? please. Anyways it has nothing to do with being L33t or whatever, I actually generally deslike the FF franchise as there are far better games out there. I play RPGs mostly for plot. FF6 and FF4 both had better plots than any newer gen FF. I have played the demo for FF12 and Im glad to know I may enjoy this one, it reminds me of the Summoner games alot.

This is so off topic now, so to at least keep my post somewhat on in here I think more people should listen to Nightwish's Angels Fall First. Ive noticed people act like its not even an album, personally, I think its abit better than Wishmaster.

Ahh, Grandia. I love that series as well! Except for Xterme, I don't know what that was, but it wasn't very good. I do agree with you on FF. While I love the series, it's not the be all, end all like some would have you think. IMHO..

Suikoden>Final Fantasy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:17 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I love how easily we can take a topic off-subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:19 pm 
Karma Whore

Zad wrote:

That's one reason why I love this place. The mods here aren't "Topic Nazis" like mods at other places. The Metal_Archives comes to mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:21 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Eternal Idol wrote:
Zad wrote:

That's one reason why I love this place. The mods here aren't "Topic Nazis" like mods at other places. The Metal_Archives comes to mind.

They're not Nazis like at Metal-Archives (you fell into that!).

And we're all nice to each other as well. Such lovely people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:23 pm 
Karma Whore

Zad wrote:
Eternal Idol wrote:
Zad wrote:

They're not Nazis like at Metal-Archives (you fell into that!).

And we're all nice to each other as well. Such lovely people.

:oops: Have you ever spent any time at the boards at the Archives? Quite a vapid, frightening place those boards are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:26 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Eternal Idol wrote:

:oops: Have you ever spent any time at the boards at the Archives? Quite a vapid, frightening place those boards are.

They always take a long time to load, so I never bother. Got in an argument once over whether grindcore was metal, only to get the thread locked two seconds later. I should go there every so often, just so I appreciate this place more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:10 pm 
Metal Lord

Desolate wrote:
Lord Jotun wrote:

My thoughts. When I was gone I kind of missed the days when you said everything instead of me :wink:

Hehe, yeah, I did too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:52 pm 
Ist Krieg

I don't think this album is all that underrated (it gets great ratings from e-zines), but it definitely deserves more recognition from fans of the genre - Power/Heavy Metal.

Hibria - Defying the Rules. Check them out if you haven't already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:33 am 
Metal Fighter

Totally agree with Seinfeld, Radagast and Eyesore - at least about Deris-era Helloween anyway, because I have yet to hear Pink Bubbles (well "The Chance" I have heard and that one kicks ass). Master of the Rings was inconsistent, but also had absolute killer moments - these moments really took over on the following The Time of the Oath and Better Than Raw. The Dark Ride would still be my pick for their finest album ever, but that's just due to sheer consistency - the songwriting on the two previous is just as good and sometimes evern slightly better when they're really on.

Well ever since, things have gone downhill, starting with Rabbit Don't Come Easy and then the even worse Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy. Losing Uli Kusch and Roland Grapow was simply too much of a blow I think, because they were both involved in the songwriting. Well Helloween did manage to release excellent stuff even after Kai Hansen left, so here's hoping the same kind of rebound will occur with their upcoming releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:21 pm 
Ist Krieg

VinnieVincentInvaded wrote:

Well ever since, things have gone downhill, starting with Rabbit Don't Come Easy and then the even worse Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy. Losing Uli Kusch and Roland Grapow was simply too much of a blow I think, because they were both involved in the songwriting. Well Helloween did manage to release excellent stuff even after Kai Hansen left, so here's hoping the same kind of rebound will occur with their upcoming releases.

:shock: No way dude. There hasn't been a bad release with Deris in the band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:41 pm 
Metal Lord

metalNESS wrote:
VinnieVincentInvaded wrote:

:shock: No way dude. There hasn't been a bad release with Deris in the band.

So true :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next