Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 pm

Post subject: Karl Sanders & Egyptology
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:13 pm 
Ist Krieg

I thought I knew the answer to this and then was quickly left questioning my own assumptions. Is Karl Sanders educated at a collegiate level on Egyptology or is he just a nerd who really digs it, but never did any formal education in it?

Post subject: Re: Karl Sanders & Egyptology
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:13 pm 
Einherjar

He's a nerd who really digs it. Here is a quick clip of Karl talking about his early interest in the mythology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5fTTjgeFQc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:03 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Actually he's a doctor:

http://healthcare.utah.edu/fad/mddetail ... D=u0030868

But seriously, according to this interview although he apparently has some scholastic acclaim for his knowledge, it's not from a degree.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:29 pm 
I live with my parents!

I think I had read in one of the booklets on one of their albums that he has a degree of some sorts in Egyptology. I might be wrong as it was last summer where I had seen it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:33 pm 
Einherjar

Wow. Academia showing some honest-to-god props to a death metal musician?! The times, they definitely be changing. Super cool for the band who does put legit research into the lyrics of the music. Was happy to see the return of Karl's explanatory liner notes with Nile's last couple of records.
Goat wrote:

He looks so angry. They don't play games at the U of Utah.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:43 pm 
Einherjar

I would never trust an "Egyptologist" to give me any information whatsoever about their culture or knowledge. First of all, they do not teach you where they even came from. And they regard real people that were called gods as fictional characters to explain aspects of life, which is incorrect. Ra was a real person, for example. Also known as Marduk he was the Lord of the Milky Way solar system and regarded as "God of the Sun" as such. Isis and Osiris were not even from this planet…their parents were Nut, who on their planet would be regarded as a sky being from Orion, and their father was local, so he represented the terrestrial. They went to North America and taught everyone everything they knew, then they went to Egypt. Again, formally, these people do not exist, so fuck the appeal to authority and any academic attempt to understand their culture. It's a massive cover up as far as I'm concerned.

From time to time beings come from far away places, mostly Sirius and Orion to help humans out since they seeded this planet to begin with…unfortunately a negative faction has taken over our solar system, but those beings are very stupid. They are easily fooled. If you gave people a picture of a giant red sun to remind them of home and spoke in analogies they would never get it, so wouldn't think it's a threat to them. Right now, there is a massive operation that through arts, humanity on earth is being told who they really are subconsciously so this bad element can be overthrown. Most metal bands are here for that specific purpose and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:56 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Someone read this to Karl Sanders and catch his reaction on video.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:49 pm 
Einherjar

Most are totally unaware of why they music at all. Some are totally aware. There are a few that are extremely aware of what they are doing.Some have been very very blatant and are screaming at the top of their lungs…Like Shadow Gallery with the song Room V, or Royal Hunt (!) with the song The Mission. Jesus once said "I speak in parabols so he who is deaf will not hear and he is blind will not see."

I have a degree in electronics and know for a fact what I was taught in college was utter bullshit so I could conform to an industry standard for employment purposes. I pushed very hard with my professor and eventually he taught me that all electricity flows negatively and positively in a fifth dimensional topography, forwards and backwards, so AC flowing through a diode has about 8 different signals going through it. Not one person with a degree in electrical engineering is working with maxwell's quaternion equations or even considering the "negligible" differences in the completely disregarded off-axis regions of power flow.

And as such an egyptologist with their obsession with kings-lists and dynasties have totally missed the point. As it goes, he who is obsessed with gladiator fights has no time for politics while in Rome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:38 pm 
Ist Krieg

Adveser wrote:
Most are totally unaware of why they music at all. Some are totally aware. There are a few that are extremely aware of what they are doing.Some have been very very blatant and are screaming at the top of their lungs…Like Shadow Gallery with the song Room V, or Royal Hunt (!) with the song The Mission. Jesus once said "I speak in parabols so he who is deaf will not hear and he is blind will not see."

I have a degree in electronics and know for a fact what I was taught in college was utter bullshit so I could conform to an industry standard for employment purposes. I pushed very hard with my professor and eventually he taught me that all electricity flows negatively and positively in a fifth dimensional topography, forwards and backwards, so AC flowing through a diode has about 8 different signals going through it. Not one person with a degree in electrical engineering is working with maxwell's quaternion equations or even considering the "negligible" differences in the completely disregarded off-axis regions of power flow.

And as such an egyptologist with their obsession with kings-lists and dynasties have totally missed the point. As it goes, he who is obsessed with gladiator fights has no time for politics while in Rome.

why do you music?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:32 pm 
Einherjar

Adveser wrote:
Ra was a real person, for example. Also known as Marduk he was the Lord of the Milky Way solar system and regarded as "God of the Sun" as such.

Don't forget the mighty Ra's turn as a lounge singer in the Crying Game. Poor Stephen Rea.

Last edited by Thrash til' Deth on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:23 am 
Einherjar

Let me ut it this way. Unless you can look Ra, the Sun, in the face and stare right into the sun for several minutes without blinding you, then you know something about Egypt and it's Gods, Not only that, you should be exposed to a multitude of new colors in the process. Go try it out and report back, if you've got the marbles. I do this often. It flat out says in the book of the dead that the worthy can stare into the face of Ra and gain new insights (haha insights) and he will regard you as an equal. Once Isis and Osiris's spirit forms appeared to me in the clouds and told me I was one of them, the fear of doing such a task didn't exist….they were scary because I didn't know if they had decided to appear to destroy me for dabbling in their affairs and considering them. I'm serious. Let's see these great experts of Egypt demand the Gods appear and see if they do! I almost lost my life recently when I confronted the great serpent apep and asked him to teach me. I didn't have any kidney function for three days after being assaulted by the police when they stopped me walking through a parking lot. Once comatose, apothis informed me how to think and like a snake and completed my kundalini yoga knowledge and I was resurrected as Osiris himself! Again, as told in Egyptian lore would happen once you reach the underworld and complete the trials ands weighing of the heart. The hospital still is trying to figure out how I went without kidneys and was surviving on only 50% oxygen content in my blood. That's real knowledge, not your fancy degrees in egyptology.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:31 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Adveser wrote:
That's real knowledge, not your fancy degrees in egyptology.

Well, no arguing with that I guess...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:37 am 
Einherjar

Speaking of Karl, any fans of his solo instrumental stuff here? I really dug Saurian Meditations but have yet to listen to his newest one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:17 pm 
I live with my parents!

Thrash til' Deth wrote:
Speaking of Karl, any fans of his solo instrumental stuff here? I really dug Saurian Meditations but have yet to listen to his newest one.

I love his solo stuff. It's Eastern mysticism personified. Saurian Meditation was supreme. So was Saurian Exorcisms.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:47 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Aye, good stuff, though think I enjoyed the second one more than the first.