Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:44 pm 
Ist Krieg

heatseeker wrote:
Holy FUCK that Enabler album O_O thank you for that, sir. everybody should hear.

(going through all your recommendations lol. New Baroness is awesome, new Gojira is good but we'll see if I can make it through an album of chugchug, downloaded Om and need to listen still)
Did you ever hear Enabler's Eden Sank to Grief? 20 Minutes of badassery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:18 pm 
Metal King

This thread depressed me. :sad:

I'm new. Now I feel like I missed out on something. Really I'm new to the Internet in general. Some of the guys here know my situation. I only started using the computer recently. Ive seen threads like this in other places. It seems like forums in general are in decline. Idk

Btw I like everyone I've talked to on this site. Your all super cool and seem like knowledgable folks. I wish there was more activity in the forum. But it is what it is I guess. I don't want to be the guy that starts a bunch of threads to kickstart conversation (no offense scumbag) but I feel like if we all want more conversation maybe we should brainstorm some ideas for threads where we can just discuss music life idk. I guess those threads are already here. Idk what I'm talking about at this point. I'm gonna shut up now.

Oh and what is a flame war??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:39 pm 
Ist Krieg

snake wrote:
When people are just shooting insults back and forth.

I kinda hope the quantity of reviews increasing will bring in more traffic but we'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:13 pm 
I live with my parents!

snake wrote:

I'm new. Now I feel like I missed out on something. Really I'm new to the Internet in general. Some of the guys here know my situation. I only started using the computer recently. Ive seen threads like this in other places. It seems like forums in general are in decline. Idk

Btw I like everyone I've talked to on this site. Your all super cool and seem like knowledgable folks. I wish there was more activity in the forum. But it is what it is I guess. I don't want to be the guy that starts a bunch of threads to kickstart conversation (no offense scumbag) but I feel like if we all want more conversation maybe we should brainstorm some ideas for threads where we can just discuss music life idk. I guess those threads are already here. Idk what I'm talking about at this point. I'm gonna shut up now.

We haven't had new blood for the longest time. You're a great addition to these forums. We like you, too. I hope you stick around. This is a very intimate atmosphere we have at Metalreviews. I haven't found it anywhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:28 pm 
Metal King

Define Infinity wrote:
snake wrote:

We haven't had new blood for the longest time. You're a great addition to these forums. We like you, too. I hope you stick around. This is a very intimate atmosphere we have at Metalreviews. I haven't found it anywhere else.
Thanks. I'm not going anywhere. I like it here. I appreciate it a lot really I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:08 pm 
Metal King

snake wrote:
Define Infinity wrote:
snake wrote:

Thanks. I'm not going anywhere. I like it here. I appreciate it a lot really I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:42 pm 
Karma Whore

Metastable To Chaos wrote:
snake wrote:
Define Infinity wrote:
snake wrote:

I tried to leave but they always catch me! :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:48 pm 
Metal King

snake wrote:
Define Infinity wrote:
snake wrote:

Not a problem mr burns!! Haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:10 am 
Karma Whore

I still think Snake is lying to us and he's really a highly intelligent spambot disguised as a nice forum member but in reality when our guard is down will spam Nike sneakers :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:24 am 
Ist Krieg

snake wrote:
Define Infinity wrote:
snake wrote:

Good god, Metastable, that picture is absolutely perfect. Summarizes MR better than anything could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:26 am 
Metal King

The old days had way more discussions but the drama was borderline unbearable. It was ridiculous. Even the actual metal discussions were littered with thinly veiled insults towards other members. Many left because of it.

At least that's how I remember it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:28 am 
Ist Krieg

Tompa wrote:
The old days had way more discussions but the drama was borderline unbearable. It was ridiculous. Even the actual metal discussions were littered with thinly veiled insults towards other members. Many left because of it.

Basically I agree, Tompa. And as a group, excepting V, Stefan, Kenny, we were all on the young side. Now I think we have much more of a mix of age groups, and some of us have matured.

Last edited by North From Here on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 am 
Metal King

MetalStorm wrote:
I still think Snake is lying to us and he's really a highly intelligent spambot disguised as a nice forum member but in reality when our guard is down will spam Nike sneakers :P :lol:
ive yet to see a spambot. can they really hold conversation? <---this is a real question. im so confused with the whole internet thing. the last time (aside from the last couple months) i used a computer was in like 96' when aol would send out disks with 20 free hours on them. back then there were these things called punters. if you were in a chat room and someone was being a dick you could assault them with your punter. they would get completely kicked out of aol. back then it was dial up modems and they took forever. so they would have to log back in. :lol:

it was a different time...... :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:46 am 
Einherjar

emperorblackdoom wrote:
Tompa wrote:

Basically I agree, Tompa. And as a group, excepting V, Stefan, Kenny, we were all on the young side. Now I think we have much more of a mix of age groups, and some of us have matured.

Funnily enough, if I remember correctly, V and Ken liked to stir shit as much (if not more than) any of the young kids.

V still kinda does :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:51 am 
Metal King

snake wrote:
MetalStorm wrote:
ive yet to see a spambot. can they really hold conversation? <---this is a real question. im so confused with the whole internet thing. the last time (aside from the last couple months) i used a computer was in like 96' when aol would send out disks with 20 free hours on them. back then there were these things called punters. if you were in a chat room and someone was being a dick you could assault them with your punter. they would get completely kicked out of aol. back then it was dial up modems and they took forever. so they would have to log back in. :lol:

I was actually recently going through my old disks and found one of those AOL Starter Disks or whatever they were called. I'm pretty sure what I did was format it completely and use it as a blank disk. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:57 am 
Metal King

snake wrote:
MetalStorm wrote:

I was actually recently going through my old disks and found one of those AOL Starter Disks or whatever they were called. I'm pretty sure what I did was format it completely and use it as a blank disk. :lol:
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:44 am 
Ist Krieg

Thrashtildeth wrote:
emperorblackdoom wrote:
Tompa wrote:

Funnily enough, if I remember correctly, V and Ken liked to stir shit as much (if not more than) any of the young kids.

V still kinda does :lol:

Yeah, that is true, Stefan included in that group. And heck throw me in there as well. Problem is we've all known each other for too long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:18 am 
Ist Krieg

emperorblackdoom wrote:
Tompa wrote:

Too bad Stefan isn't included in that group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:57 pm 
I live with my parents!

I think the newer days have been much better than the olden ones. They have been more quite and there's no denying that, but it definitely has been more civilized (Steve **cough** Steve **cough**). And yeah, we have matured, for the most part, and have moved on in life and gained new taste in music and as a result are much more willing to respect each other and come to appreciate other members and their musical diet (for the most part!). We do need kidding around and amusement and there are plenty that provide that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:36 am 
Einherjar

Define Infinity wrote:
I think the newer days have been much better than the olden ones. They have been more quite and there's no denying that, but it definitely has been more civilized (Steve **cough** Steve **cough**). And yeah, we have matured, for the most part, and have moved on in life and gained new taste in music and as a result are much more willing to respect each other and come to appreciate other members and their musical diet (for the most part!). We do need kidding around and amusement and there are plenty that provide that.

I'll admit that the civility has been a welcome change because there have been times I've taken a break due to some of the nonsense. I know I'm not a super frequent poster but it's great to talk music with all of you when I have the time to check in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next