FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:21 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:38 am 
I live with my parents!

Raven wrote:
Define Infinity wrote:
I think the newer days have been much better than the olden ones. They have been more quite and there's no denying that, but it definitely has been more civilized (Steve **cough** Steve **cough**). And yeah, we have matured, for the most part, and have moved on in life and gained new taste in music and as a result are much more willing to respect each other and come to appreciate other members and their musical diet (for the most part!). We do need kidding around and amusement and there are plenty that provide that.

I'll admit that the civility has been a welcome change because there have been times I've taken a break due to some of the nonsense. I know I'm not a super frequent poster but it's great to talk music with all of you when I have the time to check in.

Cheers to you. I very much appreciate your presence as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 am 
Einherjar

I think we're all agreed, then.

The 1st annual Civil Gentleman Award goes to DI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:56 am 
I live with my parents!

Thrashtildeth wrote:

You're a gent yourself. Cheers :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:01 am 
Metal King

Thrashtildeth wrote:

Yep. He's a gentlemen. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:16 am 
Metal Fighter

I believe that metal is dying in general which is why there are less people here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:20 am 
The Commish

you still exist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 am 
Karma Whore

juannaman wrote:
I believe that metal is dying in general which is why there are less people here

Welcome newbie to MR :dio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:18 am 
Ist Krieg

juannaman wrote:

I think it is more likely that we are a close knit (often close knit in how much we loathe each other) group of a few dozen people that have known each other a long time, and frankly some of us (guilty as charged) aren't very welcoming or inclusive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:27 am 
Karma Whore

emperorblackdoom wrote:
juannaman wrote:

I think it is more likely that we are a close knit (often close knit in how much we loathe each other) group of a few dozen people that have known each other a long time, and frankly some of us (guilty as charged) aren't very welcoming or inclusive.

So basically what you're saying is we're nothing but a bunch of metal listening,hot headed assholes?

Fuck you, you brainless, dickless prick!

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:37 am 
Einherjar

emperorblackdoom wrote:
juannaman wrote:

I don't think that's true. We can be very welcoming, it's just that we're very selective. When I first turned up, no one gave me any trouble. Presumably it's because I wasn't saying anything too retarded.

Bruce is a more recent example. Everyone took to him very kindly. And for a very recent example look no further than Snake. He's fit right in.

I guess the point is that if you don't come on here talking bullcrap and have something fairly interesting to say, everyone will welcome you. And it's not like it's such a harsh standard to hold people to...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:08 am 
Ist Krieg

Thrashtildeth wrote:
emperorblackdoom wrote:
juannaman wrote:

I don't think that's true. We can be very welcoming, it's just that we're very selective. When I first turned up, no one gave me any trouble. Presumably it's because I wasn't saying anything too retarded.

Bruce is a more recent example. Everyone took to him very kindly. And for a very recent example look no further than Snake. He's fit right in.

I guess the point is that if you don't come on here talking bullcrap and have something fairly interesting to say, everyone will welcome you. And it's not like it's such a harsh standard to hold people to...

Eh, I think you are remembering the positives and forgetting the negatives. Bruce's inclusion was remarkable at the time in that he was the exception to the rule. Selective is probably a better word than exclusive though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 am 
Karma Whore

I'm surprised that most of us are still here taking each others bullshit.

But of course if all of us left because of bullshit Steve would be a lonely guy here :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 am 
Einherjar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 am 
Karma Whore

There's an oldschool vibes to all the gay pictures you're posting, steviedarling. Reminds me of Misha, somehow. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:36 pm 
Metal King

Thrashtildeth wrote:
emperorblackdoom wrote:
juannaman wrote:

Thanks for the kind words. Just want to add that we are people. And people make mistakes. There are other forums out there where if you do say some dumb shit you will just be ignored till you get tired of posting. The vibe here is excellent and welcoming. At least it was for me. And it is appreciated. Thanks everyone.