Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 79  Next   
 Post subject: Re: Live Show Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:46 am 
The Commish

So I'm probably way off, as usual, but one of the promoters at my bar created a page on Facebook for an upcoming show. Normal stuff. He then posted in that page a Cathedral song, the UK doom metal band. I asked if the band playing sounds anything like Cathedral, to which he replied "Always a pleasant surprise." This guy is pretty cryptic usually, doesn't say too much but he knows his music. The last metal band he booked, called Sierra, played Sabbaths Masters of Reality in full. A bunch of originals and a bunch more covers of classics like Rush and Zeppelin, etc...

The page says there will be a special guest TBA. Could it be Cathedral? Am I dreaming too hard? Anybody know what they are up to, to kill this dream dead for me? All he's said to me since is that I should book the night off work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:50 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Thought they had split up after The Last Spire, with their last live show back in 2012 according to Wiki...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:24 am 
The Commish

Oh well

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:48 pm 
Ist Krieg

gonna go see 1349 and origin tonight :dio:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:00 am 
Ist Krieg

Just got back from the 1349 show.

All the bands were really good. Wasn't super into Origin just because it's basically noise live but their drummer sure is a shredder. Abysmal Dawn and Wolvhammer I hadn't heard before but they kicked ass and 1349 was really good even if the vocals weren't loud enough from where I was standing (right in front of the guitar player.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:13 pm 
Ist Krieg

saw torche and nothing last night. nothing were beautiful. torche's fancy equipment, mustaches and music made me think they were halfway dads

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:52 pm 
Ist Krieg

saw pallbearer/converge/at the gates last night. Pallbearer were exquisite and i rly wish they would've played longer. Converge played You Fail Me, Worms Will Feed and Jane Doe (hnnggg). At the Gates were ok

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:36 pm 
Ist Krieg

saw Watch for Wolves/Gates/Loma Prieta/Pianos Become the Teeth last night. Watch for Wolves were a great local band, made good use of three vocalists (one screamer/spoken word guy, one gruffer singing shouting dude, one circa survivish angel voice dude). gates sounded like early thrice and had loud bass. Loma Prieta were ugly and beautiful. Pianos were amazing and made my heart hurt and i might be in love with their singer and they finished with Hiding and Say Nothing :>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:00 pm 
Ist Krieg

Saw Daxx Riggs of Acid Bath fame last night. Love his second album, but he played a lot of songs off his third album. Still was amazing. Dude's vocals are crazy. He's kinda a tiny dude and just belts some bluesy howls and crooning.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:47 am 
Einherjar

King Diamond touring with Exodus this fall and the band will be playing Abigail in it's entirety. And they're making a stop in Tulsa!! Fuck and Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:29 am 
Einherjar

Fear Factory tonight and Soulfly/Crowbar coming to town sometime in November. Would be worth it just to hear Max and the boys rip through some old Sepultura songs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:48 am 
Ist Krieg

Thrash til' Deth wrote:
Fear Factory tonight and Soulfly/Crowbar coming to town sometime in November. Would be worth it just to hear Max and the boys rip through some old Sepultura songs.

Does Soulfly actually play Sepultura songs? I had kinda disregarded them coming through town, because I assumed they would be playing new stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:18 am 
Einherjar

traptunderice wrote:
Thrash til' Deth wrote:

Does Soulfly actually play Sepultura songs? I had kinda disregarded them coming through town, because I assumed they would be playing new stuff.

Looking at some of their past setlists, it looks like they play Roots Bloody Roots, Refuse/Resist and a couple of tracks off of either Arise or Beneath the Remains. It's probably wishful thinking to hope they avoid anything from the first few albums, but if they play the Sep covers plus some tracks from Dark Ages and Conquer then I would consider it a must see.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:31 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Saw Kamelot the other day. Brilliant, although some no-brainers (IMO) were left out of the set-list. Karevik was exceptional. Support bands were Gus G and Kobra and the Lotus. Caught some of Gus G's set, and it sucked massive ass.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:44 am 
Einherjar

Okay, I know I'm going to come off like a bit of a fanboy but...Iron fucking Maiden is playing Tulsa in February next year!! Holy mother of Jesus, I've been waiting to see these fuckers live since I was 15 and now it's finally going to happen. Up the Irons from the Barren Midwest Wasteland :dio: :dio: :dio:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:16 am 
Ist Krieg

best show I've been to in a while tonight..rotting christ opened up and killed it, then watain was awesome..after watain i was getting tired but mayhem was still good. sick night!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:57 pm 
Ist Krieg

Saw Blind Guardian last night! Wish they would have played more stuff off Imaginations from the other side and A Night At THe opera though....still good! :dio:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:46 pm 
Einherjar

Thrash til' Deth wrote:
King Diamond touring with Exodus this fall and the band will be playing Abigail in it's entirety. And they're making a stop in Tulsa!! Fuck and Yes.

Gaaaaaaaaaargh!! Gig cancelled for tonight due to KD suffering from a bout of laryngitis. And no reschedules, dammit!! This is the second time he's cancelled a show in Tulsa due to health reasons. The band is doing a live DVD for this tour, so I'll at least get to see the gig in some form. Get healthy soon King, you bastard!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:53 pm 
Ist Krieg

Panopticon posted a five second video of Austin performing with others, like a session band. Or a live band. I'm losing my shit at the prospect.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:29 pm 
Ist Krieg

Saw Venom and 1349 last night. Great show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 79  Next