Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:34 am

Would you like or even care for a MR chat/irc room ?
Yeah, that sounds like a cool idea! 68%  68%  [ 15 ]
Maybe...ah well, I don't care much, either way is fine with me. 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
No, sorry but that's a pretty lame and stupid idea. 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: some kind of chat ?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:35 pm 
Metal King

I don't know if this has been brought up before but is there any way/possibility of a chat channel or something similar? Sometimes I feel totally bored and I wouldn't mind live chatting with people about all kinds of crap including metal crap. I'm sure it would be easy enough just to setup and register a channel on some popular irc server. Is anybody up to it, probably one of the admins/staff in here?

I'm also setting up a poll question just to see if people are actually interested in this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:34 pm 
Metal Lord

I've sometimes thought about an irc-channel as well. I'm not too experienced with it but I understand it shouldn't be such a difficult task.
An idea worth looking into, there are others who are sometimes bored as well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:02 pm 
I hate chat rooms. I hate trying to scramble to read what the hell someone typed before it disappears into the netherworld above the top of my monitor.

With that said, I don't care. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:45 pm 
Metal Lord

If there are interested people, join #metalreviews on Quakenet. Let's try to get an L bot there. What say you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:36 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Do what, now? I'm interested, but it's been something ridiculous like six or seven years since I was last in an IRC chat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:39 pm 
I used IRC once. I got about 50 viruses in 10 minutes and I had mIRC files hidden away all over my PC. What a pain. I haven't touched it since. A chat room shouldn't be a pain in the ass. Haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:40 am 
Metal Lord

I've never gotten any viruses or other problems for that matter. You've been downloading some suspicious wank-fodder I suspect :P
Anyway, for those interested http://www.quakenet.org/ this site has most of what you need to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:24 am 
PhyrWolf wrote:
I've never gotten any viruses or other problems for that matter. You've been downloading some suspicious wank-fodder I suspect :P
Anyway, for those interested http://www.quakenet.org/ this site has most of what you need to know.

I downloaded the official software. Apparently my ports weren't configured properly or some shit. I'm into the "plug and play" mentality when it comes to shit like a chatroom. If it takes more than three minutes to set up it's not worth it to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:52 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Not that I care, but you can install a chatbox on the phpBB forum pretty easily. You don't need a programmer for that, just an admin. Just pick a nice one from the list of adds and install it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:58 am 
Metal Lord

Eyesore wrote:
PhyrWolf wrote:

I downloaded the official software. Apparently my ports weren't configured properly or some shit. I'm into the "plug and play" mentality when it comes to shit like a chatroom. If it takes more than three minutes to set up it's not worth it to me.

Well it's not just a chatroom but a network of them so understandably some effort goes to setting it up. But once you get the hang of it there shouldn't be any problems.
But anyway, I'll be on the channel most of the time if any of you guys and girls want to join.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:52 am 
Metal Lord

Misha wrote:
Not that I care, but you can install a chatbox on the phpBB forum pretty easily. You don't need a programmer for that, just an admin. Just pick a nice one from the list of adds and install it.

Those usually just suck judging by my experience.
IRC would be so much better for this purpose as long as people would realise it.
I mean there are channels for most bands even.
But I won't be pushing this any further. There have been a couple of people visiting the channel, thanks to them.
I'm looking forward to seeing some others there as well, so if you're ever feeling bored feel free to come kill some time (provided someone is around then :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:29 am 
Metal King

I tried to log in a couple of times today but this friday was one of the busiest days ever in the last months and I was constantly coming and going. From tomorrow I'll try to stay longer in the chat room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:51 pm 
Metal King

Here's a sample from today's chat (see what you're missing and we were only 2!)

<Raudulfr> yeah I thought I remembered you saying something like that, some of the people are still same but their personalities are completely different :) well as much as can be told simply by written things
<Antonakis> forums are something like a marriage, at first everybody's timid and careful, there's love and good words and forgiveness is easy to give and accept
<Antonakis> after a while most of this is gone, but then you have deeper understanding and tons of sarcasm
<Raudulfr> yes, I've thought something like that too :)
<Antonakis> and whinning and bitching after every corner ofcourse
<Antonakis> still the prospect of seeing Ken arguing *live* over irc chat.... is something I would love to watch :O
<Raudulfr> haha
<Antonakis> grab a beer and popcorn, lay back and watch!

:lol: :D :dio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:44 pm 
Karma Whore

hehe, i may pop in if i have time between studying for my exams, going to my gf and the usual msn/ other chat conversations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:52 pm 
Metal Lord

Fingon wrote:
hehe, i may pop in if i have time between studying for my exams, going to my gf and the usual msn/ other chat conversations.

No prob, just drop in if you feel like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:40 am 
:lame:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:47 am 
Metal King

Eyesore wrote:
:lame:

:wub: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:44 am 
Metal Servant

Yes, lets do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:13 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

if i used IRC i'd join the MR channel, but frankly i couldn't bother to open the program for this alone, not would i install Ventrillo.

if we find that there's a lot of people on MSN online at the same time, we can create a group chat there, but even that is unlikely given the time differences.