Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   

To remove or not to remove?
Yes, remove it 72%  72%  [ 13 ]
No, keep it 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:22 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I've sent an email to the real artist, it wasn't available anymore via the label.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:49 pm 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

Eternal Idol wrote:
Azrael wrote:
i can't believe these guys. first is that "diesl harp" thing, and now this. it's like all their BS was just a way for them to get their animal-rights/assexual message across.

They weren't even serious about that stuff. They are apparently just a bunch of burnouts with way too much time on their hands.

I do have to give them credit for the diesel harp thing though. There were so many people who actually bought into it. A tremendous prank, I must say.

Drugfucked, i garnered from what little info there is about them floating on the net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:50 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

YAY!! I emailed Miranda and she will send me a cd-r :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:28 pm 
Zad wrote:
Eternal Idol wrote:
Zad wrote:
Things like this are the reason I lost interest in Black Metal. How is this in any way funny or 'artistic'? I say yes, remove it. Goddamn bedroom elitists. Gorgoroth and Mayhem all the way, baby!

The album in question isn't Black Metal, it's shoegazer. They haven't made any BM in quite some time now.

Yes, but they belong in that area, have that 'fuck the universe' mentality.

i don't get it... doesn't Gorgoroth and Mayhem have that mentality too?.. i actually think Velvet Cacoon was cool because they had their own ideology, just like Varg, instead of being followers. That doesn't mean i agree with them, i personally think Velvet Cacoon was full of shit.
And how can such a tiny band such as Velvet Cacoon tribute to you departing from black metal? they were nothing but lowlifes who wanted to be regarded as sophisticated, kvlt and very clever.... doesn't make any sense compared to all the nsbm, and all the stupid fucktards who believe they can't listen to black metal without embrazing nazism - mostly because they feel inadiquet. Nothing more fun when a mere black metal teenager tries to convince you that he's more powerfull and a general über-mensch, when u know he's spending most of his time on a hospital getting medicine for his mentally illnesses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:30 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Astaroth wrote:
i don't get it... doesn't Gorgoroth and Mayhem have that mentality too?.. i actually think Velvet Cacoon was cool because they had their own ideology, just like Varg, instead of being followers. That doesn't mean i agree with them, i personally think Velvet Cacoon was full of shit.
And how can such a tiny band such as Velvet Cacoon tribute to you departing from black metal? they were nothing but lowlifes who wanted to be regarded as sophisticated, kvlt and very clever.... doesn't make any sense compared to all the nsbm, and all the stupid fucktards who believe they can't listen to black metal without embrazing nazism - mostly because they feel inadiquet. Nothing more fun when a mere black metal teenager tries to convince you that he's more powerfull and a general über-mensch, when u know he's spending most of his time on a hospital getting medicine for his mentally illnesses.

Not at all, Gorgoroth and Mayhem believe in what they are doing. According to the True BM ideology, there is only one path to follow, and sure, some of the more recent bands have been doing great stuff, but when a genre gets to the point when it's just taking the piss out of itself, I need some time off from it. I think far more interesting things are being done in Death Metal, and BM's underground nature means it will remain essentially a dying genre. I can't see it surviving another ten years, in a pure form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:42 am 
MetalReviews Staff

But it can when bands like Darkspace, Paysage D'hiver, Drudkh, Darkestrah, Lunar Aurora, Mystic Forest etc are taken in to account, although Mystic Forest takes the piss out of black metal as well, haha, She Waits For Me, Behind A Tree and There's 666 Trees In My Forest. :dio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:49 am 

now that you mentioned Mystic Forest, i have to say Green Hell (which i checked out after you listed it in your sig) is quite nice. Black Forest has a brilliant piano bit at the end.

:dio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:03 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Misha wrote:
But it can when bands like Darkspace, Paysage D'hiver, Drudkh, Darkestrah, Lunar Aurora, Mystic Forest etc are taken in to account, although Mystic Forest takes the piss out of black metal as well, haha, She Waits For Me, Behind A Tree and There's 666 Trees In My Forest. :dio:

I honestly think there's very little that hasn't been done. We really don't need more Xasthur-clones...

And Drudkh I can accept as having a certain style of their own, but if they continue along the path they're on, I can't see many more albums in them. Blood In Our Wells is good, certainly, but nothing amazing if you've heard their older stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:09 am 
Zad wrote:
Astaroth wrote:

Not at all, Gorgoroth and Mayhem believe in what they are doing. According to the True BM ideology, there is only one path to follow, and sure, some of the more recent bands have been doing great stuff, but when a genre gets to the point when it's just taking the piss out of itself, I need some time off from it. I think far more interesting things are being done in Death Metal, and BM's underground nature means it will remain essentially a dying genre. I can't see it surviving another ten years, in a pure form.

well, true BM ideology is just as stupid as Velvet Cacoon, and neither Gorgorth nor Mayhem can live up to the original BM ideology anyway.
And i don't understand how a tiny band like VC alluva sudden becomes the spokesmen for an entire genre. They don't even like black metal to begin with. How come you take a band seriously, that infiltrates the scene and after a while begins shitting all over it? Would you feel the same way if i made a death metal band and then startet talking shit about it etc etc? Would u give up death metal then?

Anywho, Black Metal will exist in yet another ten years, even in pure form - it's just a matter of copycats :wink: Black metal already does exist outside it's pure form, just look at those bands Misha mentioned. Furthermore, the trendy mainstream black metal will probably be gone, leaving only the underground as it was meant to be behind, at least i hope so... not that i think i still listen to black metal in 10 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:13 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Astaroth wrote:
Zad wrote:
Astaroth wrote:

well, true BM ideology is just as stupid as Velvet Cacoon, and neither Gorgorth nor Mayhem can live up to the original BM ideology anyway.
And i don't understand how a tiny band like VC alluva sudden becomes the spokesmen for an entire genre. They don't even like black metal to begin with. How come you take a band seriously, that infiltrates the scene and after a while begins shitting all over it? Would you feel the same way if i made a death metal band and then startet talking shit about it etc etc? Would u give up death metal then?

Anywho, Black Metal will exist in yet another ten years, even in pure form - it's just a matter of copycats :wink: Black metal already does exist outside it's pure form, just look at those bands Misha mentioned. Furthermore, the trendy mainstream black metal will probably be gone, leaving only the underground as it was meant to be behind, at least i hope so... not that i think i still listen to black metal in 10 years.

I'm pretty sure I said 'things like this' - ie, VC aren't the only reason I don't listen to BM as much. I agree that BM's ideology is as fucked-up and evil as people say...

And that's my point - will BM move on, or will it just be a small group of clones, worshipping the old bands? I say the latter...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:38 am 
Zad wrote:
Astaroth wrote:
Zad wrote:
Astaroth wrote:

I'm pretty sure I said 'things like this' - ie, VC aren't the only reason I don't listen to BM as much. I agree that BM's ideology is as fucked-up and evil as people say...

And that's my point - will BM move on, or will it just be a small group of clones, worshipping the old bands? I say the latter...

hmm.. i don't regard BM's ideology as fucked-up or evil as ppl say, perhaps stupid. Evil is relative anyway. Depends on which idiology you're refereing to of course. But i don't see ppl who want to overthrow christianity, f.ex., and replace it with paganism in their own country are evil - of course that also depends on which country the band originates from - paganism in the US doesn't make any sense, paganism in denmark do, since that was our original culture/religion before it was violently overthrown by christianity, later rewritten as a "romantic affair".
And then u have lowlifes who have been teased alot etc as kid and later grow into social losers who have to compensate for their own inadiquet being - their ideology is often the most stupid one, there's no ambition, only pointless hate and intolerance, they have no argument for their ideology other than, if you don't agree then you are a poser.

BM will move on, in both directions, one proceeding and one to stay behind to preserve the old art from fading away. Thinking that you only will have copycats is naïve - thinking that the entire genre would move on as a whole is too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:35 am 

Zad wrote:
Misha wrote:

I honestly think there's very little that hasn't been done. We really don't need more Xasthur-clones...

And Drudkh I can accept as having a certain style of their own, but if they continue along the path they're on, I can't see many more albums in them. Blood In Our Wells is good, certainly, but nothing amazing if you've heard their older stuff.

Blood in Our Wells is Drudkhs best you crazy boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:09 am 
Ist Krieg

It's the only Drudkh I've heard and it was good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:41 am 
MetalReviews Staff

following the reaper wrote:
Zad wrote:
Misha wrote:

Blood in Our Wells is Drudkhs best you crazy boy.

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:56 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Astaroth wrote:
Zad wrote:
Astaroth wrote:
Zad wrote:
Astaroth wrote:

hmm.. i don't regard BM's ideology as fucked-up or evil as ppl say, perhaps stupid. Evil is relative anyway. Depends on which idiology you're refereing to of course. But i don't see ppl who want to overthrow christianity, f.ex., and replace it with paganism in their own country are evil - of course that also depends on which country the band originates from - paganism in the US doesn't make any sense, paganism in denmark do, since that was our original culture/religion before it was violently overthrown by christianity, later rewritten as a "romantic affair".
And then u have lowlifes who have been teased alot etc as kid and later grow into social losers who have to compensate for their own inadiquet being - their ideology is often the most stupid one, there's no ambition, only pointless hate and intolerance, they have no argument for their ideology other than, if you don't agree then you are a poser.

BM will move on, in both directions, one proceeding and one to stay behind to preserve the old art from fading away. Thinking that you only will have copycats is naïve - thinking that the entire genre would move on as a whole is too.

No? Strange. I never saw nihilism as a force for good. There's more to it than anti-Christianity...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:59 pm 
Metal Slave

So was Korouva's music copyrighted? Where's the legal action?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:10 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Etherhunter wrote:

She sold all of her records because of this. The VC demo was limited to 33 Copies, if the real thing ever existed at all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:05 am 

Misha wrote:
Etherhunter wrote:

She sold all of her records because of this. The VC demo was limited to 33 Copies, if the real thing ever existed at all...

Are you gonna be able to get a copy of the real one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:52 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Misha wrote:
Etherhunter wrote:

The VC one? Why would I want it? Miranda sent me a cd-r with her album, so I don't want to hunt her real one down just for the cover (although it's damn good). It's just sold out, I was a few days too late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:56 pm 

Misha wrote:
Misha wrote:
Etherhunter wrote:

The VC one? Why would I want it? Miranda sent me a cd-r with her album, so I don't want to hunt her real one down just for the cover (although it's damn good). It's just sold out, I was a few days too late.

No i meant the Korouva one. So you have the music, just on a cd-r?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next