Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   

Which deserves the CLASSIC treatment?
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
In Flames - The Jester Race 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Edge of Sanity - Crimson 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
Napalm Death - Scum 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Voivod - Nothingface 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Heathen - Victims of Deception 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 33
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:22 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

Eyesore wrote:
following the reaper wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Heathen. Come on, let's get some real classics here!

You made your point. Dont keep posting till your opinion becomes fact :rolleyes:

Quit being you. Please.

Come on dude, you had two posts saying the same thing.

So what? Who're you to tell me what I can and can't post?

Who're you to say that other opinions are shit and that we need 'real' classics around here?

Dude, I never said anything about peoples' opinions being shit. I have warned you for your bullshit far too many times recently. This is your last warning.

I will post as much as I want about Heathen. You will quit trying to create drama.

Last warning before a banning? Ok, ill stop, but those who have been more of a nuisance than me have never been threatened with a banning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:25 pm 
Last warning before a banning? Ok, ill stop, but those who have been more of a nuisance than me have never been threatened with a banning.

I didn't say you'd be banned. And the only other person who's been a nuisance since the last Zad outburst is leee, and he's been warned. If you have more to say about this, PM me. We're ruining this thread.

HEATHEN!! :dio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:12 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

Eyesore wrote:

I didn't say you'd be banned. And the only other person who's been a nuisance since the last Zad outburst is leee, and he's been warned. If you have more to say about this, PM me. We're ruining this thread.

HEATHEN!! :dio:

I misunderstood you. Sorry.

Arcturus!!!!!!!! :dio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:37 am 
The Commish

otakon wrote:
hehe i second the Heathen, one song from Breaking The Silence kills all kiddie emo black metal.

Which song?

Why does everyone like Heathen so much? I have their first two albums which I like very much, but I don't see how they could be rated better than say Holy Terror (which also kicks large amounts of ass!)?

PS - Breaking the Silence is IMO far better than Victims of Deception

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:13 am 
DevotedWalnut wrote:
otakon wrote:
hehe i second the Heathen, one song from Breaking The Silence kills all kiddie emo black metal.

Which song?

Why does everyone like Heathen so much? I have their first two albums which I like very much, but I don't see how they could be rated better than say Holy Terror (which also kicks large amounts of ass!)?

PS - Breaking the Silence is IMO far better than Victims of Deception

Everyone likes Heathen so much because they're a classic thrash band. Both albums are arguably classic thrash albums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:41 am 
The Commish

But why? I like them too, just not that much. I just can't see why they can be liked so much more than other IMO equally good thrash bands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:50 am 
DevotedWalnut wrote:
But why? I like them too, just not that much. I just can't see why they can be liked so much more than other IMO equally good thrash bands.

How old are you? You have to place yourself within the metal community when those albums came out to understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:44 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Coroner > Heathen.

SCUM!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:55 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Zad wrote:
Coroner > Heathen.

SCUM!!!!

It's all true, folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:21 pm 
Ist Krieg

Eyesore wrote:
DevotedWalnut wrote:

How old are you? You have to place yourself within the metal community when those albums came out to understand.

Then why do I like them so much? :unsure:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:01 pm 
Zad wrote:
Coroner > Heathen.

SCUM!!!!

What does Coroner have to do with any of this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:04 pm 
Radagast wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DevotedWalnut wrote:

Then why do I like them so much? :unsure:

I wasn't saying that young people can't like them, I was saying that a lot of younger people can't fully understand the full impact certain bands/albums had on the genre or music in general. It's the same with me when people talk about the Beatles, Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin. I can appreciate what they did for music, but I can't argue it one way or the other. Those are classic bands, even though I can't full grasp why. You know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:51 pm 
Ist Krieg

Yeah I guess I'm with that. I can't imagine hearing the song Black Sabbath in 1970. Must have been incredible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:56 pm 
Ist Krieg

black sabbath was one of the heaviest bands i heard afte rthe beatles, and the song was... amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:31 pm 
The Commish

Eyesore wrote:
DevotedWalnut wrote:

What does age have to do with anything? I am not as old as you Ken but I am old enough to know a lot about thrash and who made a mark and who just faded away. But I guess around here Heathen were not as well liked as say Exodus or Canadian bands like Annihilator. Plus I like Exodus (early) and Annihilator better than Heathen, the two Heathen albums are good but just not as good I you say they are. IMO. They kinda just sound like another better that decent thrash band to theses ears. But who cares, you like more than me and I could care less.

PS - how was 2004 Recovered?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:17 pm 
DevotedWalnut wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DevotedWalnut wrote:

What does age have to do with anything?

I answered this. See above. :)

Quote:
PS - how was 2004 Recovered?

It was good. Nothing amazing as it's not really a new album, just covers and demos. I found it for $2. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:55 am 
The Commish

How did you find it so cheap, there used to be a really cheap cd store close to where I live now but the guy sold it and he had at least 1000 cds in milk crates, each cd was like 35 cents a piece. I really wish I could of gone threw them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:27 am 
DevotedWalnut wrote:
How did you find it so cheap, there used to be a really cheap cd store close to where I live now but the guy sold it and he had at least 1000 cds in milk crates, each cd was like 35 cents a piece. I really wish I could of gone threw them all.

Nuggets in Boston. I find tons of albums there in the $2 section. They still have a copy of Recovered there for like $6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:37 am 
Ist Krieg

As if I had to say it: NAPALM DEATH!!!
Stop being crazy. Jester race isn't a classic. What did it do for music? Scum started a whole new genre, and influenced a lot of death metal and shit like that. Scum wins by facts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:38 pm 
Karma Whore

Heathen. Heathen. Heathen.

Every metal fan knows what the Jester Race is. Few know anything about Heathen. Not only is Victims of Deception the best album on that list, but you would be doing a service to metalheads everywhere by reviewing Heathen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next