Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:28 am

Post subject: Custom Titles
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:11 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I know the idea's been discussed before, but it's a good one. Some members of the team that regularly visit the forum (no prizes for guessing who) could give people titles as they see fit, for what they say etc. After seeing Miraje become a 'banned obnoxious spammer' it's a must. Come on, gang!

Post subject: Re: Custom Titles
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:00 pm 
zadsterboombox wrote:
I know the idea's been discussed before, but it's a good one. Some members of the team that regularly visit the forum (no prizes for guessing who) could give people titles as they see fit, for what they say etc. After seeing Miraje become a 'banned obnoxious spammer' it's a must. Come on, gang!

Yeah, but "titles as they see fit" might make you Resident E-Tard or something.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:02 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Eyesore wrote:
zadsterboombox wrote:

I think they'll be a bit more fair than that, unless they put Chris in charge of it. :roll: As I said above, someone "down wid da gang" is a better idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:09 pm 
Einherjar

That might be fun for me and Daniel to do.

You stole this idea from Ruthless.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:13 pm 
Ist Krieg

zadsterboombox wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
zadsterboombox wrote:

I think they'll be a bit more fair than that, unless they put Chris in charge of it. :roll: As I said above, someone "down wid da gang" is a better idea.

Chris is in charge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:27 pm 
Karma Whore

i got dibs on Divine Godlyness :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:04 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Dead Machine wrote:
That might be fun for me and Daniel to do.

[]You stole this idea from Ruthless.[]

I had this idea before I'd ever heard of RR, but visiting there yesterday reminded me. And so what? I'll be warning Ms Hermione if you ever visit these shores! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:34 pm 
We'll kick this idea around.

There is one limitation I can think of. I have to add each custom title to a drop down menu. That means if everyone wants/gets their own title, that drop down menu will fill up and become impossible to work with. I'm sure the BB software has built in limits as to how many custom titles you can add. So, we'll have to think of a way keep the number of custom titles to a reasonable number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:44 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Mike @ MetalReviews wrote:

There is one limitation I can think of. I have to add each custom title to a drop down menu. That means if everyone wants/gets their own title, that drop down menu will fill up and become impossible to work with. I'm sure the BB software has built in limits as to how many custom titles you can add. So, we'll have to think of a way keep the number of custom titles to a reasonable number.

Maybe just for the Top Ten Posters, or so?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:52 pm 
Can I be a Metal Lord again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:33 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

It's deadly easy, go you to your admin pannel and hit "allow users to specify their own title" radiobox under preferences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:00 am 
Eyesore wrote:

nope

you wanted to be a reviewer, now you are one so quit crying like a baby and accept your "site admin" status with pride ! :twisted:

and I wanna be trOO poser !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:27 am 
T.I.E. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

nope

you wanted to be a reviewer, now you are one so quit crying like a baby and accept your "site admin" status with pride ! :twisted:

and I wanna be trOO poser !

You mean tr00 p053r.

And Site Admin, my avatar actually looks like a site admin. Metal Lord was funnier! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:34 pm 
Gast1 wrote:

It's deadly easy, go you to your admin pannel and hit "allow users to specify their own title" radiobox under preferences.

Actually, our version of phpBB doesn't have this feature. In the admin panel, there's a section for ranks. You can create ranks based on # of posts, or "special" ranks (Site admin, Banned Obnoxious Spammer, etc...). We don't have the option to allow users to specify their own. Philip knows a hell of a lot more than I do about phpBB, so I'll see if he knows of an add-in or something that gives us more leverage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:57 pm 
Karma Whore

I want to be Chav Lurker!