Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 am

Post subject: Input on Interviews
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:07 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

The next time you lads get an interview, can you tell us in advance so we can suggest questions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:27 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

That's a brilliant idea!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:36 pm 
And, with our recent conversation in mind, it is an idea that won't come through, probably.

Post subject: Re: Input on Interviews
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:28 pm 
zadsterboombox wrote:
The next time you lads get an interview, can you tell us in advance so we can suggest questions?
thats a really good idea actually... I'm waiting for a response from my music director with regard to the opeth interview i requested while they're in town on the 29th... so if that goes through, we'll make an "Interview Questions" thread or something.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:29 pm 
Ist Krieg

Jason@Metalreviews wrote:
zadsterboombox wrote:
thats a really good idea actually... I'm waiting for a response from my music director with regard to the opeth interview i requested while they're in town on the 29th... so if that goes through, we'll make an "Interview Questions" thread or something.

An Opeth interview! :D

Although I wouldn't be surprised if everyone asks, "Why do you suck?" or some stupid shit like that. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:26 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Legacy Of The Night wrote:
zadsterboombox wrote:

An Opeth interview! :D

Although I wouldn't be surprised if everyone asks, "Why do you suck?" or some stupid shit like that. :roll:

Haha, or twenty questions about Pink Floyd, acoustic guitars and the definition of prog, just to fuel our next argument.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:47 pm 
zadsterboombox wrote:

It is a good idea, but can I request people ask interesting questions, something out of the norm. I hate the "So, what's the funniest to ever happen to you on tour?" questions, or "What are your biggest influences?", stuff like that. Sure, it may be interesting, but they're very generic and you can find those answers by doing a search on Yahoo! or whatever.

You know, if I were interviewing Warrel Dane, I'd ask him if the Sanctuary CDs are ever going to be remastered and re-released? If I were interviewing System Of A Down I'd ask them if the song "Toast" really exists (it's a mythical early SOAD song that is rumored to exist). If I were interviewing Helloween I'd ask them what the fuck Keeper Of The Seven Keys is about! =)

I think most interviews are straight cookie-cutter interviews. It's almost like a template exists where people just cut and paste the questions. I understand some questions are expected, band's need to promote their current work and whatnot, those questions are fine, but who cares about whether or not the band ate any Bulgogi while touring S. Korea?!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:28 pm 
Karma Whore

id ask opeth why the hell they think they can come to manchester and try to get me to pay £20 for a ticket-it'd daylight fucking robbery for a band which isnt as big as others charging that much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:29 pm 
metalhead wrote:
id ask opeth why the hell they think they can come to manchester and try to get me to pay £20 for a ticket-it'd daylight fucking robbery for a band which isnt as big as others charging that much!

They'd probably tell you to fuck off because THEY are not charging that much. :D You should figure out who that money goes to first.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:47 am 
zadsterboombox wrote:

I think it is not a bad idea at all. I get labels, promoters, etc. suggesting I interview some of the bands that have been reviewed on these pages all the time. But when I read how we continue to come up with "mundane and unncessary reviews" it hardly implores me to interview a "mundane and unnecessary" band.
So, let me throw this right back to you. Who do you want to see interviewed? Is there anybody out of the bands I touched upon would you like to get into Q&A session? If it is, I would not hesitate to ask you for your input with questions.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:55 am 
Alex@MetalReviews.com wrote:
zadsterboombox wrote:

I think it is not a bad idea at all. I get labels, promoters, etc. suggesting I interview some of the bands that have been reviewed on these pages all the time. But when I read how we continue to come up with "mundane and unncessary reviews" it hardly implores me to interview a "mundane and unnecessary" band.
So, let me throw this right back to you. Who do you want to see interviewed? Is there anybody out of the bands I touched upon would you like to get into Q&A session? If it is, I would not hesitate to ask you for your input with questions.

Why not interview some bands that don't get a lot of exposure these days, like Heathen! They have a new album coming out soon! The demos they've released on their site are fucking killer! I'd love to read something from Heathen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:15 am 
I'd be in the same position like you are, e-mailing to their site asking for an interview. I don't think anybody here has any connection to them. It is a crapshoot whether that interview will occur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:45 am 
I'd be in the same position like you are, e-mailing to their site asking for an interview. I don't think anybody here has any connection to them. It is a crapshoot whether that interview will occur.

I know they're involved with their site, so the chances are good that you'd get a response and I can't imagine them saying no.

I'm just saying that it would be cool to have interviews with bands that you can't open any magazine or on-line zine/music website and read interviews by, you know?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:08 am 
Karma Whore

Eyesore wrote:
zadsterboombox wrote:

Why not interview some bands that don't get a lot of exposure these days, like Heathen! They have a new album coming out soon! The demos they've released on their site are fucking killer! I'd love to read something from Heathen!

Thats the wisest thing I've heard all month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:55 am 
I suppose I need to take a queue from you and go listen to those demos on their site. So much to do, so little time ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:06 am 
I suppose I need to take a queue from you and go listen to those demos on their site. So much to do, so little time ...

Indeed. Amazing that they can still write that thrash metal in 2005 and it actually be good, let alone pretty fucking awesome! =)

Allow me to help you:

Dying Season
Arrows Of Agony
Empty Nothingness

You can also download the full albums of Breaking The Silence, Victims Of Deception, and Recovered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:33 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Hey Alex, I got an idea! How about you make a new thread for every band that wants an interview in the interview section? If there is enough animo for the interview, people will post a lot of question, of which you guys can sellect a few, and mail them to the band. This way you won't have a lot of work to do on making the questions, and people are far more interested to see their own questions answered than the questions of somebody else. I think a lot more bands could be interviewed this way while it will cost you guy actually less time.

I'm curious what you think of the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:57 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

metalhead wrote:

I paid $80 for Dead Can Dance. Stop crying. :wink:

EDIT: Well... not me, my dad did hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:14 am 
Gast1 wrote:
Hey Alex, I got an idea! How about you make a new thread for every band that wants an interview in the interview section? If there is enough animo for the interview, people will post a lot of question, of which you guys can sellect a few, and mail them to the band. This way you won't have a lot of work to do on making the questions, and people are far more interested to see their own questions answered than the questions of somebody else. I think a lot more bands could be interviewed this way while it will cost you guy actually less time.

I think it is an excellent idea! I will go and pool a list of bands (or their labels) and post a list in the Interview section. Then, if the readers have a lot of interest in one band or the other they will provide me with questions to add to my own. I will try to update that as mush as time allows me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:46 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Gast1 wrote:

I think it is an excellent idea! I will go and pool a list of bands (or their labels) and post a list in the Interview section. Then, if the readers have a lot of interest in one band or the other they will provide me with questions to add to my own. I will try to update that as mush as time allows me.

Cool, this will be awesome!!