MetalReviews Staff

What Rio said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:22 pm 
Metal King

rio wrote:
Satan's Anus wrote:
Quote:
"Lots of great albums being released by well-known bands seem to be being overlooked for the weird shit. "

Great albums... like what? Well-known bands... like who?

Really? I'm supposed to make a list? This is a rather silly way to argue online.

Well, if you're complaining about big releases being missed, the very least you could do is give one or two examples. Otherwise people might think you are talking bullshit.

Foolish people, maybe. But for argument's sake: New releases from Finntroll, Armored Saint, Fozzy, Suicidal Tendencies, Priestess, Primordial, HIM, Arsis...you know, off the top of my head. I could add a ton of others from hard rock to modern metal.

Either way, this was never to say you guys don't review more popular releases, just that often as of late there has been a distinct lack of those bread-and-butter releases, focusing more on the underground and obscure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:29 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Yay, a helpful post from you for once. Hm... lessee... that Armored Saint was only out today according to MA, so I think not having reviewed it yet isn't so terrible. And being fair, that Primordial and Suicidal T are DVDs, and I can't immediately think of anyone who's ever complained that HIM reviews are lacking.

BUT this is good because I can now start to put pressure on people to review things like Finntroll and Arseis. The Priestess has been done - http://www.metalreviews.com/reviews/detail.php3?id=5819
so we're not doing so terrible. Again, if you see something missing that you want done, let us know! Everyone likes bread and butter, after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:39 pm 
Metal King

You did the Priestess album? Shit! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:08 pm 
Einherjar

I would have to agree that some major releases go unmentioned here, and when I get out to other sites to check reviews sometimes I'm surprised by what's missed... But at that same time, I get so much stuff by reading this website that I don't get elsewhere.

I don't mind it.