Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:10 am

Post subject: Weirdmetalreviews.com
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:10 am 
Metal King

What's up with all the reviews lately? Lots of great albums being released by well-known bands seem to be being overlooked for the weird shit.

I love discovering new bands, of course, and highly encourage you guys to continue reviewing that stuff, but don't forget the bread-and-butter releases, you know.

Or am I just old and out of the fucking loop? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:23 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Heh, well... :P

But seriously; things have been taking a more underground and experimental turn of late, something naturally bound to happen when you have a range of reviewers with individual tastes who aren't that constricted in choice of write-up. Someone says something like this every so often, of course - powermetalreviews! blackmetalreviews! and now weirdmetalreviews! It's a natural cycle, in a week or three we'll be melodicdeathreviews! or goregrindreviews! and there'll be a whole other bunch of complaints.

Ultimately, we do pride ourselves on getting stuff done sooner rather than later - any examples of what we've overlooked is always welcome, of course, here, in the Request Zone or wherever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:04 am 
Ist Krieg

I iz working on teh new Rob Zombie.

So there.

:ph34r:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:35 pm 
Metal King

FrigidSymphony wrote:

So there.

Uh oh. I predict me defending it. :lol:

As for my initial comment. I'm basing it off of what I've seen over time, not as of late. It just seems that each week there's a bunch of bands and I'm like, "Who the fuck is that?" In the past, I'd know every band reviewed. Haha.

So yeah, not really a complaint or anything. I used to make a point to review the more obscure and overlooked releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:47 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

As far as I'm conscerned, I have a hard time finding anything worthwhile to review right now, and it's not fair if I base the score or whatever on me being a little tired of metal in general. So I'm gonna focus on archives, and drop some labels from the promo-list. Some of you guys know my taste well though, so don't be afraid of sending requests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:06 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Satan's Anus wrote:
As for my initial comment. I'm basing it off of what I've seen over time, not as of late. It just seems that each week there's a bunch of bands and I'm like, "Who the fuck is that?" In the past, I'd know every band reviewed. Haha.

So yeah, not really a complaint or anything. I used to make a point to review the more obscure and overlooked releases.

Ah, ok, heh. In that case, it seems you are getting out of touch. :) I prefer the obscure stuff, too; underground > overground, if trips to see what the sun looks like are enjoyable in themselves.

To everyone, however, if you note that a new release hasn't been reviewed, PM or email one of us and let us know! We are here to serve our readers as much as we are the bands and labels, after all, and there's no reason why people shouldn't speak up if they see a release going unnoticed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:13 pm 
Ist Krieg

Satan's Anus wrote:
FrigidSymphony wrote:

So there.

Uh oh. I predict me defending it. :lol:

Not from me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:59 pm 
Ist Krieg

More doom and heavy and sludge and instrumental reviews imo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:19 pm 
Ist Krieg

I'm starting to agree with Ken. This past week was solid on popular releases you guys have missed but still Starve for the Devil has not been done yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:31 pm 
Metal Slave

I suggest kalmah 12 gauge :dio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:08 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

traptunderice wrote:
I'm starting to agree with Ken. This past week was solid on popular releases you guys have missed but still Starve for the Devil has not been done yet.

So, you didn't agree with Ken when we were being all obscurist and underground, but now that we've reviewed populist stuff holy shit Ken has a point? If you want Arsis reviewed ask for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:24 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
traptunderice wrote:

So, you didn't agree with Ken when we were being all obscurist and underground, but now that we've reviewed populist stuff holy shit Ken has a point? If you want Arsis reviewed ask for it.
I just recognized that he has a point since this week I really cared about the reviews unlike the past few weeks.

I shouldn't have to ask. You guys should be on top of your game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:31 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

traptunderice wrote:
Goat wrote:
traptunderice wrote:

I just recognized that he has a point since this week I really cared about the reviews unlike the past few weeks.

We are more than on top of our game, and we are not friggin' mind-readers. I find this whole thread rather insulting, actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:58 pm 
Ist Krieg

It was just an attempt to say 'hey, stay on top of newly released albums'. Don't take things so offensively, brah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:02 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

traptunderice wrote:
It was just an attempt to say 'hey, stay on top of newly released albums'. Don't take things so offensively, brah.

But we are on top of new releases! I got the promotional details for that new Dillinger Escape plan late last week, for example. What albums have we missed?

This isn't at all what Ken was talking about, by the by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:26 pm 
Metal King

Goat wrote:
traptunderice wrote:
Goat wrote:
traptunderice wrote:

We are more than on top of our game, and we are not friggin' mind-readers. I find this whole thread rather insulting, actually.

You're such a girl sometimes. The point is that over the past few months, and maybe longer, the bulk of the weekly reviews have been of more obscure/less popular bands, which, if you weren't so goddamn defensive, you'd know does not appeal to the majority of your reader base.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:35 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Yes, I got that, as I said earlier in the thread, you're just repeating yourself now. I'm still waiting to hear what albums haven't been reviewed as a result of our shift underground.

"Lots of great albums being released by well-known bands seem to be being overlooked for the weird shit. "

Great albums... like what? Well-known bands... like who?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:05 pm 
Metal King

Goat wrote:
Yes, I got that, as I said earlier in the thread, you're just repeating yourself now. I'm still waiting to hear what albums haven't been reviewed as a result of our shift underground.

I'm repeating myself because you're acting all butt-hurt, like people are attacking you.

Quote:
"Lots of great albums being released by well-known bands seem to be being overlooked for the weird shit. "

Really? I'm supposed to make a list? This is a rather silly way to argue online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:19 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I see your point Mr. Anus, but it's not like we're able to get our hands on anything.. I'm a poor student, and new releases are expensive if you don't get any promotional stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:21 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Satan's Anus wrote:
Quote:

Really? I'm supposed to make a list? This is a rather silly way to argue online.

Well, if you're complaining about big releases being missed, the very least you could do is give one or two examples. Otherwise people might think you are talking bullshit.