Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:48 am

Post subject: iPhone/Blackberry Support
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:10 am 
Metal Fighter

I know this would require a great deal of software development, but it would be cool to have Blackberry Mobile support or an Iphone App for Metalreviews.com.
:cool:

Post subject: Re: iPhone/Blackberry Support
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Kuruus wrote:
I know this would require a great deal of software development, but it would be cool to have Blackberry Mobile support or an Iphone App for Metalreviews.com.
:cool:

I agree, unfortunately its not that simple. On the other hand, if you use a RSS reader you can read the reviews from the site already, this works just fine on the iphone / ipod touch. It only works from the old site though. On the old page you can add RSS support and with any RSS reader you can access our news and reviews from any portable phone supporting them.

It would of course be better if we had a dedicated program that actually has its own interface with access to forum and posting and stuff. That would be cool for sure but unless an iphone programmers steps up and offers to do this, I doubt it will happen any day soon. I myself would love to try and do something like this in the future, but I didn't code in almost 15 years and well, while i want to learn to code for the iphone, this really would be a long term thing, I already have an anime comic book to resume (The Kyrian Chronicles from www.kallias.com) and some other personal projects to take care of, and of course make sure MR runs smoothly is one of my priorities, in particular bringing the next version of the site to fix the current issues (double scroll bars, no RSS,... etc).

Chris

PS : The RSS seems only partial from RSS Reader pro on ipod, I will have to check it out on other apps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 pm 
Metal King

I'm looking into coding some apps for the iphone/itouch, but the retards at Apple have made the Coding SDK only work on Macs.

Has anyone set up a Hackintosh before?

.:c:.

Post subject: Re: iPhone/Blackberry Support
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:04 am 
Karma Whore

Chris@MetalReviews wrote:

I agree, unfortunately its not that simple. On the other hand, if you use a RSS reader you can read the reviews from the site already, this works just fine on the iphone / ipod touch. It only works from the old site though. On the old page you can add RSS support and with any RSS reader you can access our news and reviews from any portable phone supporting them.

I do that with Viigo on my Blackberry, access to forums/reply posts would be awesome.