Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:39 am

Post subject: Why No Comments Allowed for some reviews?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:45 am 
Metal Fighter

I'm sure this has been asked before and answered, so I apologize for the most-likely redundant question, but I have always wondered why some reviews have the "The Gods Decideth there shall be no comments..." etc. comment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:52 am 
Einherjar

I could be wrong, but I believe that shows up for reviews that were written before there were forums. am i right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:59 am 
Metal Fighter

Is that what it is? not sure I quite get that though....for example, I was looking up reviews on two of the older Brainstorm albums. I wanted to then read some discussion on these reviews/albums. But they have that "The Gods decideth message..."

What's the difference when the review was written relative to forums? Doesn't every posted review start a forum automatically? Why couldn't people begin commenting now and start discussion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:19 am 
MetalReviews Staff

heatseeker wrote:
I could be wrong, but I believe that shows up for reviews that were written before there were forums. am i right?

I believe that's correct. Those reviews were written before this latest version of the forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:24 pm 
Metal Fighter

Adam wrote:
heatseeker wrote:

I believe that's correct. Those reviews were written before this latest version of the forums.

Adam, so these reviews can't retroactively be hooked up to discussion forums - so discussion can ensue? (I'm guessing no, or it's a pain, otherwise, I'm sure you guys would have done it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:37 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

FlickoftheSwitch wrote:
Adam wrote:
heatseeker wrote:

Adam, so these reviews can't retroactively be hooked up to discussion forums - so discussion can ensue? (I'm guessing no, or it's a pain, otherwise, I'm sure you guys would have done it.)

I really have no clue, as I'm not much of a website technician. I'm sure Chris knows. My guess is that it's either not possible, or a colossal pain in the ass to implement.