Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 pm

Post subject: Where are Chris and Danny?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:13 pm 
Metal Servant

A few years ago they stood for most of the reviews, but I have seen none of them lately. This is kind of sad, since before MetalReviews were mostly a melodic metal reviewsite, but now it's more or less death/blackmetal only review site and not even the new Helloween or Avantasia got reviewed this week and probably won't soon be reviewen either...!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:54 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

The new Helloween has been reviewed? or?

Post subject: Re: Where are Chris and Danny?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:31 am 
Metal King

MetalMaster wrote:
A few years ago they stood for most of the reviews, but I have seen none of them lately. This is kind of sad, since before MetalReviews were mostly a melodic metal reviewsite, but now it's more or less death/blackmetal only review site and not even the new Helloween or Avantasia got reviewed this week and probably won't soon be reviewen either...!

You don't know what you are talking about. The new Helloween has been reviewed 3 weeks ago. Chris is busy on metalreviews v2.0 but be sure that when there is a new Sonata Arctica or Axxis album he will pop up with a review. I don't know about Danny tho. And I'm not even going to comment on the death/black metal reviews only because it's ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:17 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

Get off the drugs dude :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:18 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Um, yes, it is rather ridiculous. This week's reviews have more of a heavier angle to them, but there's still Black Majesty and Turisas. Last week had a good variation, the week before - I'd say Metal Reviews embraces every genre equally, apart from Grindcore which I intend to do something about as soon as I get my hands on some good modern stuff.

MR's much quicker with new Power Metal releases than new Death/Black/Thrash in general, I hope you noticed too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:31 am 
Einherjar

Count me in on the Grind side of things... if Mike ever gets back to me :lame:

Post subject: Re: Where are Chris and Danny?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:27 am 
MetalReviews Staff

MetalMaster wrote:

I think Chris has the new Avantasia up for next Monday and the new Helloween was reviewed (by me....) about 3 weeks ago. Chris is a self-employed graphic artist and is very busy with not only that but re-designing MR.com. I agree that the scope of our reviews has changed a lot and it has a lot to do with the promo material that we receive. We try to review everything that gets sent to us and it seems that lately, a lot of it is more extreme and black metal. Mike will be back soon with reviews too but Danny's been much too busy with his family and business issues. I plan on keeping the melodic/power/prog/traditional metal flag flying high here at MR.com. As long as I'm around, I will always focus on that material...it's what I like the best anyway!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:27 am 
Ist Krieg

Zad wrote:
Um, yes, it is rather ridiculous. This week's reviews have more of a heavier angle to them, but there's still Black Majesty and Turisas. Last week had a good variation, the week before - I'd say Metal Reviews embraces every genre equally, apart from Grindcore which I intend to do something about as soon as I get my hands on some good modern stuff.

MR's much quicker with new Power Metal releases than new Death/Black/Thrash in general, I hope you noticed too.

moar trad doom and stoner roxx ^_^

Post subject: I meant the new Gamma Ray...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:14 am 
Metal Servant

I meant to critisize that there has been no review on the new Gamma Ray album, not Helloween.GR should even have a "major event" to it. I don't know how a big metalsite can have disregarded this album. I did not like the new GR at all and will probably give it a score in the 60s.The whole cd is a total Iron Maiden ripoff and if somebody can not see this i suggest they watch Kai's "influences":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnvmGvY- ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:40 am 
Metal King

Like I mentioned back when I reviewed here, it has nothing to do with disregard. Don't you think it's possible that the site never received a promo of this album? Should every reviewer here review downloaded material just because an album "deserves" a review? That's not what a review site is about.

I don't think any reviewer should be reviewing downloaded material unless it's a digital-only release, so if they don't get a promo, an album doesn't get reviewed. One could buy an album and review it, but what if the reviewers are all American? The new Gamma Ray doesn't come out here until 2008. There's far more to reviewing than you understand.

And if you dislike the album so much, why do you care to see a review?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:55 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Afro Lint wrote:
Like I mentioned back when I reviewed here, it has nothing to do with disregard. Don't you think it's possible that the site never received a promo of this album? Should every reviewer here review downloaded material just because an album "deserves" a review? That's not what a review site is about.

I don't think any reviewer should be reviewing downloaded material unless it's a digital-only release, so if they don't get a promo, an album doesn't get reviewed. One could buy an album and review it, but what if the reviewers are all American? The new Gamma Ray doesn't come out here until 2008. There's far more to reviewing than you understand.

And if you dislike the album so much, why do you care to see a review?

Clap...clap...clap....Amen to that!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:05 pm 
Karma Whore

Zad wrote:

Technically grindcore isn't metal so that's pretty much irrelevant. I could for example say "AOR is neglected" or something. They might be linked to metal but in the truest sense of the word METALreviews has no need for grind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:18 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Metalhead_Bastard wrote:
Zad wrote:

Technically grindcore isn't metal so that's pretty much irrelevant. I could for example say "AOR is neglected" or something. They might be linked to metal but in the truest sense of the word METALreviews has no need for grind.

Meh, most power metal is as close to Hard Rock as it is to anything else. Metal's roots are Hard Rock and punk, after all. Maybe I should get to the source and review some Crass or Amebix or Flux Of Pink Indians, or the long-promised Discharge classic. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:02 pm 
Karma Whore

Zad wrote:
Metalhead_Bastard wrote:
Zad wrote:

Meh, most power metal is as close to Hard Rock as it is to anything else. Metal's roots are Hard Rock and punk, after all. Maybe I should get to the source and review some Crass or Amebix or Flux Of Pink Indians, or the long-promised Discharge classic. :P

I'd like that, because I don't actually know any of those bands save for Discharge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:51 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I made a thread about it in Avant-garde, rather than getting this too off-topic.